Us Brits are expecting a hurricane

Old October 27th 13, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Us Brits are expecting a hurricane

Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

Old October 27th 13, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

Good luck and be safe.

Jay

Old October 27th 13, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:39:32 AM UTC-8, Christina Websell wrote:
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up safely

We're tucked in as well- just gonna run a wash and do my hair before power might fail. Not too bothered as power rarely goes down here and not for long....if it gets bad then we'll got to bed, Got some food in that can be eaten cold

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 27th 13, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

~~~~~~~
Thanks for letting us know. I will be thinking of you and Lesley. Are
there any others in the path of the storm?

I hope you have plenty of batteries. The worst one for me was several years
when Hurricane Rita tore through here. I needed *lots* of batteries for
that one--we were without power for seven days. I hope the hurricane misses
you or is a mild one.

MaryL

Old October 27th 13, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

In article , Christina Websell
wrote:
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us. Whether it will
happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters are quite
good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

We're all tucked in too. Sootie's been out and is now looking through the
bedroom window.

I've got the week off work but need to go in first thing tomorrow to take
my identification. I've worked there for 40 years but they now need me to
prove who I am. It's not personal it's the rules. DH had to it a few
months ago. I forgot to take it in last week as life was chaotic. If the
weather's too bad they can just wait.

Judith

~~~~~~
The requirement for your ID sounds like what happened to me. I taught at
the university for 42 years, then retired. The department asked me to come
back as an adjunct professor and I did it for one year. Then the dean's
office needed a new resume. Fortunately, I had kept it up to date for
annual evaluations and merit processes. After the year as an adjunct, I
told them that I was now retiring "for good."

Take care of yourself. I hope the hurricane passes without any major
damage. I suggested in my reply to Tweed that you have lots of batteries on
hand. We were without power for seven days after Hurricane Rita, so I went
through a large number of batteries.

MaryL

Old October 27th 13, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

Be safe. If Boyfie needs to "go" I guess he'll just poo in the tub. I
wouldn't begrudge him that in the weather predicted.

Jill
Old October 27th 13, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

How can ANYONE deny climate change? in the U.S., the Upper Midwest
OCCASIONALLY gets snow in October, but it doesn't stick around, this
early. (I remember a Minnesota blizzard November 11, 1941, and that was
considered early.) Now they're getting heavy snow all through the grain
belt (and the media is silent about the dire effects of that on this
year's not-yet-completed harvest).
Old October 27th 13, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/27/2013 5:07 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:
Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up
safely in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather
forecasters are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

How can ANYONE deny climate change? in the U.S., the Upper Midwest
OCCASIONALLY gets snow in October, but it doesn't stick around, this
early. (I remember a Minnesota blizzard November 11, 1941, and that was
considered early.) Now they're getting heavy snow all through the grain
belt (and the media is silent about the dire effects of that on this
year's not-yet-completed harvest).

It's been a little chillier than usual this month where I live this
year. Nothing terribly drastic. I rarely even get to wear a coat for
more than a couple of months. There's still a good harvest to be had in
many places. In the Carolina lowcountry we have a longer growing season
than the mid-west. Rarely even frost.

I think the point of the post was we should be sending purrs to folks in
the UK. They're not used to "hurricanes".

Jill
Old October 27th 13, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:39:32 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Similar to the 1987 one, overnight. Boyfie and myself are tucked up safely
in the house, so no need to worry about us.
Whether it will happen, I don't know. It might do, our weather forecasters
are quite good.

I'll tell you tomorrow. If I have power..

Tweed

According to My Fair Lady, won't happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQpoyfbWJ0