Persia RB 8/8/2014

Old August 8th 14, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia RB 8/8/2014

It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the
painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of
her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Heartfelt thanks to all of you for the kind words, wishes, and purrs.

Jill ---heartbroken
Old August 8th 14, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the
painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of
her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Heartfelt thanks to all of you for the kind words, wishes, and purrs.

Jill ---heartbroken

~~~~~~
Oh, Jill, I am so sorry. I was praying that it would not be this serious,
but you made the right decision under these dreadful circumstances. What
you did takes courage and is the final act of love for our beloved pets--you
are heartbroken and in pain, but you saved Persia from any further
suffering.

MaryL

Old August 8th 14, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the painful
decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

Omg. this is the problem between the time difference between us.
She had a great life with you. Nothing I can say atm will console you
though.
I'm so sorry that you lost her. I cried.

Old August 8th 14, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Friday, August 8, 2014 4:31:29 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the

painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of

her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Heartfelt thanks to all of you for the kind words, wishes, and purrs.

Jill ---heartbroken

Jill, I am so sorry for your loss.
I know what you are going through as I still remember what it was like
when Rusty went to RB. Persia had a good life with you.
She is not suffering anymore and maybe playing with Rusty and other
cats from rpca at RB.
May the memory of the good times with her comfort you.

Winnie
Old August 8th 14, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/8/2014 4:45 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the
painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of
her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Heartfelt thanks to all of you for the kind words, wishes, and purrs.

Jill ---heartbroken

~~~~~~
Oh, Jill, I am so sorry. I was praying that it would not be this
serious, but you made the right decision under these dreadful
circumstances. What you did takes courage and is the final act of love
for our beloved pets--you are heartbroken and in pain, but you saved
Persia from any further suffering.

MaryL

Thank you, Mary. Yes, she's not in pain and never will be again.

Jill
Old August 8th 14, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

jmcquown wrote:
It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the
painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of
her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Oh no. That was horribly quick.

It's always the stroppy assertive ones that leave the biggest hole.
You'll miss her terribly.

Old August 8th 14, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/8/2014 1:45 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the
painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of
her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Heartfelt thanks to all of you for the kind words, wishes, and purrs.

Jill ---heartbroken

~~~~~~
Oh, Jill, I am so sorry. I was praying that it would not be this
serious, but you made the right decision under these dreadful
circumstances. What you did takes courage and is the final act of love
for our beloved pets--you are heartbroken and in pain, but you saved
Persia from any further suffering.

MaryL

Again, I didn't see the original post. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm
still hurting over having to make that decision for Waffles, so I can
completely sympathize.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old August 8th 14, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/8/2014 6:05 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the
painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of
her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Oh no. That was horribly quick.

Not really. She was diagnosed with kidney disease two years ago. She'd
been doing pretty well on her kidney diet. When she stopped eating
(except in little bits) three days ago I knew something was up. She
also was appearing to be weaker. And when she cried even though there
was food...

It's always the stroppy assertive ones that leave the biggest hole.

She certainly was assertive. :-D She demanded to be let inside my
apartment January 6, 2001.

You'll miss her terribly.

Of course I will. She was my first ever (so far only) cat.

I'll get around to recounting some of her fun anecdotes soon enough.
Right now I'm attempting to make myself numb. I'm running out of tissues.

Jill
Old August 9th 14, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:31:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
It was as I feared. Her kidneys were too far gone. So I made the
painful decision; Persia went to the bridge this afternoon.

The vet gave me a little heart shaped stone "memory box" with some of
her fur in it. She will be cremated and her ashes returned to me.

Heartfelt thanks to all of you for the kind words, wishes, and purrs.

Jill ---heartbroken

Oh no, what an sad and expected surprise! Persia was just a lovely and
special soul, someone that no one can resist loving.

Nothing can replace a heart-cat. I have three wonderful furries, but I
still miss Betty every day. I imagine it will be the same my current ones
too when they're gone.
Old August 9th 14, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_3_]

Aw, Jill....I'm so very sorry you had to let Persia go. It's never an
easy choice even when it's the right one.

Many purrs and healing thoughts for your broken heart. Thank you for
sharing her with us all these years.

Chris and Oreo