Melisande - R I P

Old September 3rd 14, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Melisande - R I P

Alas, a few days at the vet's brought no improvement. Neither the
medications (which they managed to administer) nor steroid injections
had any effect on the bloody stools. It was a hard decision to make,
since she remained in good spirits (although sleeping a lot more than
usual) and eating well. The vet shared my distress in making the final
decision, but said there really didn't appear to be anything else they
could do for her, so it seemed the better choice, and she would make it,
if Meilsande were hers.

Judith's suggestion was correct - they brought her home, so I could say
"goodbye" and hold her while she went to sleep. (So peacefully - with
the furor on the news about human death penalty drugs not functioning
well, I wonder don't they just use the same ones with which they
euthanize animals?) One second I was holding her, sort of snuggling
against me, the next she was gone - no twitching or signs of stress,
still cuddled in my arms, but without a heartbeat. I hope she really
was ready to go, but one can only do what seems best, since they can't
tell us.

I didn't realize how much Melisande ate - Although Cendrillon comes when
I bring out the catfood, she eats very little of the moist food, but a
reasonable amount of the Cat Chow. Apparently most of the litter-box
clumps (even when she was healthy) were Melisande's, also. Not sure
about getting another cat - it remains to be seen whether Cendri appears
to miss Meli. (After all, I'm eighty-four years old, so I have to
consider what happens to my pets when I go.)

Old September 3rd 14, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 13:14:26 -0700, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

[...]

You could foster cats or board cats for friends going on vacation.
But it's too early to think of this now. Mourn and may the wings of
angels carry her to Heaven.
Old September 3rd 14, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

On Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:14:26 PM UTC-5, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
[...]

My thoughts are for you and Melisande, and also for Gato, who died in my arms in a similar way. I hope you and Cendrilon can comfort each other. Toci
Old September 3rd 14, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

m...

Alas, a few days at the vet's brought no improvement. Neither the
medications (which they managed to administer) nor steroid injections
had any effect on the bloody stools. It was a hard decision to make,
since she remained in good spirits (although sleeping a lot more than
usual) and eating well. The vet shared my distress in making the final
decision, but said there really didn't appear to be anything else they
could do for her, so it seemed the better choice, and she would make it,
if Meilsande were hers.

~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry to hear this. You have made one of the most difficult
decisions, but you also did what was best for Melisande. I have said
several times on this newsgroup that I consider that to be the "final act of
love." You are left with the pain of her loss, but you have saved Melisande
from any further pain.

MaryL

Old September 4th 14, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

m...
[...]

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Jay

Old September 4th 14, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 9/3/2014 4:14 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry for your loss. You can never second guess yourself. You
did what your heart told you was right. Please have some peace.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old September 4th 14, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 9/3/2014 1:14 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry for your loss. I know that's a terribly difficult decision to
make, but you did it lovingly.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old September 4th 14, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

We can never know whether our decisions on this matter are correct,
but since cats are so stoic about hiding pain, I don't see how you
could have done anything differently.
Old September 4th 14, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

You did the best for her= she passed in your arms peacefully and painlessly.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs