HELP

Old October 18th 03, 12:14 AM
Iso

Default HELP

Keep the cat in the house! Unfortunately, once a female cat goes into heat,
she will do as repeatedly (as often as every two weeks) until she is either:
(a) pregnant or (b) spayed. It is extremely uncomfortable for her and will
get worse rather than better. Your veterinarian may be able to give her
shots to make her more comfortable. At one time, they gave male hormones,
but I think that practice has been discontinued. Spaying your pet is the
only way to put a permanent stop to the trouble. This is the best strategy,
not only for preventing unwanted pregnancies but also for preventing the
discomfort that accompanies the cycles for the cat and yourself. Although
your cat may seem to have a one-track mind, she'll still appreciate getting
other forms of attention. Try playing a game with a favorite toy and try to
keep the pet isolated as much as possible in a bathroom or a crate that's
easily cleaned. I know you are not going to be paid for another two weeks,
but you are going to have to make the best of the situation. You can try
putting the cat in the bathroom at night. Just be sure to put its food,
water, and litter box in the bathroom and turn out the lights. It's not
cruel. Just don't let the cat outside! I strongly recommend that you contact
your vet right away and set up an appointment for her to be spayed, unless
you are planning to breed her. It is the only way to stop her current
behavior, and she will be healthier in the end.

Old October 18th 03, 12:50 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:07:07 -0230, "CrazyChick"
wrote:

Ok, my cat just went into heat, she is 8 mths old and this is the first time
she has gone into heat, this being Friday nite and not getting paid for 2
weeks, any suggestions as to anything I can do/give her to help her out.
Any advice would be appreciated, I don't anticipate getting a lot of sleep
unless I lock her in a room and I don't want to do that because I think it's
cruel for a cat to be locked in a room all the time. PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME
ANYTHING YOU HAVE THAT CAN HELP ME!!!!!!

---

How badly do you want a litter of kittens? I made the mistake of
letting my two femals out when they were in heat --- two litters at
the same time! (That was a long, long tome ago).

Old October 18th 03, 01:20 AM
Karen M.

Better you keep her in a room and safe, then risk her getting out and
getting pregnant, resulting in yet one more batch of unwanted kittens.
After she gets out of heat, take her to get her spayed *right away*. Please.

Karen

Old October 18th 03, 04:38 AM
Judy

"CrazyChick" wrote in message
Ok, my cat just went into heat, she is 8 mths old and this is the first

time
she has gone into heat, this being Friday nite and not getting paid for 2
weeks, any suggestions as to anything I can do/give her to help her out.
Any advice would be appreciated, I don't anticipate getting a lot of sleep
unless I lock her in a room and I don't want to do that because I think

it's
cruel for a cat to be locked in a room all the time. PLEASE PLEASE GIVE

ME
ANYTHING YOU HAVE THAT CAN HELP ME!!!!!!

All I can say is that if you can't find a vet or spay clinic that will
accept payments that you'll just have to live with the noise. Why didn't you
have her spayed months ago?

Judy

Old October 18th 03, 08:06 PM
CrazyChick

my area that I contacted stated that they will do it after 6 mths of age but
prefer if the cat is a few months past that. I do plan on getting her
spayed but I was following trained medical advice.

.. .