Last year's Voyage Part 1

Old April 22nd 05, 04:41 PM
Mischief

Default Last year's Voyage Part 1

I've been asked to repost the stories of last year's Voyage of the
Mouser for us to enjoy again and for new people to read

It's very long, since there was a lot of contributions, so it's divided
into parts.....

We're in the middle of the voyage right now, but you can still brief
your stand in and ghost over and join us. We've managed to escape a
couple of storms, have shanghaied a couple of old salts to sail the
ship, and are having a grand time. Without Adam, we feel we can go
after wales and dolfins.

Mischief: Aye Aye Captain Pine Cone! Mischief and Imp are here!!!

I would rather be here by myself, but Mama Kristi said I could
onlyparticipate if I brought Imp along. I recall you saying that
you'dmake a tom out of him.

Pssst.... Imp, say hello! It's rude not to acknowledge your captain.

Imp: Ummm......Hello, Captain, my name is Imp. Um, I guess
I'msupposed to introduce myself or something, but I don't know what
I'msupposed to say. I'd much rather just find a nice place to
hideand...

Mischief: (hissing) Oh no you don't! I'm going to get you to show
alittle backbone on this trip or ELSE!!

I'm ready and able to report for duty, Captain! And Imp is here
too,unless he wants to walk the plank!!

Imp: No, I'd much rather stay away from water. But are you sure
thisis safe?

Mischief: (growls) You big sissy! Pay attention to your captain!

***Cap'n Pine Cone esq. sends Imp up the main mast to take his turn at
look out duty, and delegates Mischief the task of guarding the bait
buckets from being tipped over "again."***

Imp: Uh......Mischief? Capt. Pine Cone? It's awfully high up
here....... The mast is going all swoopy.....

Mischief: Hmmm, bait buckets... They smell rather interesting....

Imp: Hello? Can I come down now?

Mischief: No one would notice if I sampled a bit, would they? Butthat
would be rude, and that wouldn't be nice.

Imp: Anyone? I can't get down......Ahhhh!!! there are big birds up
here!!! They're flying all around me! Help!!!

Mischief: If the bucket were to tip over, then any bait that falls out
would be no good, wouldn't it? and I would be an even worse cat for
letting good fish go to waste....

Imp: Heeeeeeeeelllllppppppp!!! Get me down!!!

Mischief: Dum dee dum dee dum.....whooops! Aw, how clumsy of me!
Better fix this bucket. Oh dear, a piece of fish fell out. Well now,
I can't very well let it go to waste now, right?

Imp: (yowling at the top of his lungs)

Mischief: (Munching)

In Stone Mountain, Georgia a little calico cat named Lacey is running
from the dining room to the family room, down the hall, leaping onto
the bed, spinning around and chasing the greebling back the way they
had come. Suddenly she stops as she hears messages coming over the
pipelines from the Mothership (well, actually down the air vents of the
house as that's where our cats get their messages from the Mothership).

Lacey: Pirate Ship? The Mouser went out this year? Meowmy has been so
busy with races and anniversary parties and work that she's missed a
lot of the posts on the board (something about expiration times) and I
didn't know the Mouser launched this year! Cap't PineCone had invited
me to join the crew this year.....I was gonna gooooooo (sob)..

Lacey leaps into the air and spins in two circles looking for the older
cats. "Hobbes, Selena...the Mouser has gone out. We missed the
launching this year. Hurry, hurry, we have to get a clone and teleport
on board.

From the cat tree, the older cats flick an ear and open their eyes but
don't bother to follow Lacey into the communication room.

Lacey hurriedly contacts the Mothership and arranges for a clone to be
sent and her transport to the Mouser. In typical teenage, Lacey
fashion she leaves without warning Cap't Pine Cone of her arrival. As
her clone arrives she leaps into the air in joy at the prospect of a
voyage with the notorious Cap't Pine Cone and his merry crew and is
suddenly whisked into the transporter and dumped onto the deck of the
Mouser. In her
delight she leaps twice without looking and runs as fast as she can
across the deck in abandoned joy. Unfortunately, she didn't notice the
kits cleaning the deck nor the wet spot that spelled disaster. Her feet
hit the slippery wet spot and she began sliding down the deck. She
might
have slid right off the edge of the ship into the ocean except that her
slide was stopped by a pretty little gray cat guarding abucket.
Unfortunately, the speed of the slide has a lot of force behind it and
when she bumps into Mischief they both slam against the bucket Mischief
is guarding, knocking it over and spilling water and fishes all over
the
once clean deck.

Lacey: Oops.

**Cap'n Pine Cone esq. laughs and tells Imp that five minutes does not
a shift make, and delegates Lacy and Mischief to helping swab the deck.
One of the other cats cleans up the bait bucket. Cap'n Pine Cone
selects the skinniest cat there, one who needs a good feeding.**

Mischief, grumbling swabs the deck, but is quietly angry after
beingknocked over so ungracefully by some upstart named Lacey. She
hissesat Lacey under her breath and proceeds to swab the deck.

Imp, meanwhile is hiding in the crows nest from the massive
seagulls,trying to tuck himself into a ball in hopes he will diasppear.

**Cap'n Pine Cone esq. lets Imp, Mischief, and Lacy off duty later and
lets them meet with the other cats on ship. Cap'n Pine Cone is still a
little miffed as a flying fish landed on him while he was on deck
earlier. Guess what is on the menu for dinner that night.**

**Cap'n Pine Cone welcomes all the "new" members of the crew and
explains the basic rules of the voyage. 1. The humans are to do the
bulk of the work. 2. We do not have to be on deck when it is wet
outside. 3. Kitties are not supposed to tip over the bait bucket. 4.
Kitties caught tipping over the bait bucket will have to guard the bait
bucket while others get to clean it up. 5. In the event that the
culprit is not caught, or that the bait tipping appears to be an
accident, the most likely culprits will have to scrub decks while Cap'n

PC chooses others to clean up the bait. 6. D*gs are not permitted, and
any vessels with them will be boarded and said things will be removed.
8. We're cats, forget the rules, just do what I say, obey Selena,
Waffles, and Nikki and we'll get along just fine.**