Dinner for a hot hot night

Old July 22nd 11, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Dinner for a hot hot night

I know most of the US is under a heat dome, and on the east coast we're
no exception at well over 100F muggy degrees today, and close to that
all week. Unfortunately I participate in "Peak Rewards" through my
power company and they have been cycling my AC compressor all day and
it's almost 90F in the house. Can't get ahold of them to opt out.
Figures. I thought I was being green, but now I'm just red and sweaty.

Going on vacation tomorrow so for dinner I'm using up the fresh produce.
Yellow squash and broccoli is my dinner. I hope I don't regret that on
my long drive in the morning. lol
Old July 22nd 11, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
I know most of the US is under a heat dome, and on the east coast
we're no exception at well over 100F muggy degrees today, and close to
that all week. Unfortunately I participate in "Peak Rewards" through
my power company and they have been cycling my AC compressor all day
and it's almost 90F in the house. Can't get ahold of them to opt out.
Figures. I thought I was being green, but now I'm just red and
sweaty.

Going on vacation tomorrow so for dinner I'm using up the fresh
produce. Yellow squash and broccoli is my dinner. I hope I don't
regret that on my long drive in the morning. lol

I hope your car has good a/c.
--
Adrian
Old July 23rd 11, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"Cheryl" wrote
I know most of the US is under a heat dome, and on the east coast we're no
exception at well over 100F muggy degrees today, and close to that all
week. Unfortunately I participate in "Peak Rewards" through my power
company and they have been cycling my AC compressor all day and it's almost
90F in the house. Can't get ahold of them to opt out. Figures. I thought
I was being green, but now I'm just red and sweaty.

88 in my house at the moment. No end in sight.

Going on vacation tomorrow so for dinner I'm using up the fresh produce.
Yellow squash and broccoli is my dinner. I hope I don't regret that on my
long drive in the morning. lol

Too hot to cook here.

Old July 23rd 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 22, 6:50*pm, "Pat" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote

I know most of the US is under a heat dome, and on the east coast we're no
exception at well over 100F muggy degrees today, and close to that all
week. *Unfortunately I participate in "Peak Rewards" through my power
company and they have been cycling my AC compressor all day and it's almost
90F in the house. *Can't get ahold of them to opt out. Figures. *I thought
I was being green, but now I'm just red and sweaty.

88 in my house at the moment. No end in sight.

Going on vacation tomorrow so for dinner I'm using up the fresh produce..
Yellow squash and broccoli is my dinner. I hope I don't regret that on my
long drive in the morning. *lol

Too hot to cook here.

One word: salads.
Old July 23rd 11, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 7/22/2011 8:50 PM, Pat wrote:

wrote
I know most of the US is under a heat dome, and on the east coast we're no
exception at well over 100F muggy degrees today, and close to that all
week. Unfortunately I participate in "Peak Rewards" through my power
company and they have been cycling my AC compressor all day and it's almost
90F in the house. Can't get ahold of them to opt out. Figures. I thought
I was being green, but now I'm just red and sweaty.

88 in my house at the moment. No end in sight.

Going on vacation tomorrow so for dinner I'm using up the fresh produce.
Yellow squash and broccoli is my dinner. I hope I don't regret that on my
long drive in the morning. lol

Too hot to cook here.

I really do feel for you without AC. It is miserable. I think it
wouldn't be so bad if not for the humidity. The dew point has been
around 80 so that's high high humidity. The second you step outside
you're soaked. Even working around the house I'm soaked. I'm waiting
for a little bit to take a shower. I felt bad for the cats but they were
all stretched out on the hardwood floor so it was probably cooler than a
carpet.

Stay safe.

Old July 23rd 11, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"Cheryl" wrote

I really do feel for you without AC. It is miserable. I think it
wouldn't be so bad if not for the humidity. The dew point has been around
80 so that's high high humidity. The second you step outside you're
soaked. Even working around the house I'm soaked. I'm waiting for a
little bit to take a shower. I felt bad for the cats but they were all
stretched out on the hardwood floor so it was probably cooler than a
carpet.

It's still 87 in the house and about the same outside. This kind of weather
is abnormal here. It usually cools down more quickly at night. I'm going
swimming in the clothes that I'll wear to bed.

Old July 23rd 11, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Pat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote
I know most of the US is under a heat dome, and on the east coast we're no
exception at well over 100F muggy degrees today, and close to that all
week. Unfortunately I participate in "Peak Rewards" through my power
company and they have been cycling my AC compressor all day and it's almost
90F in the house. Can't get ahold of them to opt out. Figures. I thought
I was being green, but now I'm just red and sweaty.

88 in my house at the moment. No end in sight.

Of course it's been well above 100 F for weeks, here in Arizona,
although I try to keep the A/C thermostat set around 80 or above.
Unfortunately, now we are flirting with the Monsoons, dew point is
rising into the mid fifties, which means the humidity becomes as
uncomfortable here as in the rest of the country.

Going on vacation tomorrow so for dinner I'm using up the fresh produce.
Yellow squash and broccoli is my dinner. I hope I don't regret that on my
long drive in the morning. lol

Too hot to cook here.

Does she plan to COOK it? (I just assumed raw veggies with a dip.)

Old July 23rd 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bruce

On Jul 23, 2:51*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
Pat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote
[...]

If *you* are still able to crunch down *raw* squash and/or *raw*
broccoli......that
deserves a MileHigh Salute from me. Let's just say....I can....but
would rather not.
When I said, "salads" that is *not* what I meant!
Old July 23rd 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Jul 23, 2:51 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
Pat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote
[...]

***

I love raw broccoli and cauliflower with dip, but I don't think I've ever
had raw squash. It doesn't sound appetizing.

Joy

Old July 23rd 11, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 23, 4:22*pm, "Joy" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message

On Jul 23, 2:51 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Pat wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote
[...]

Cooked...good. Raw, not so good. If using up veggies, I'd assume
cooked, unless you
bought them a couple days ago. Heat does a number on veggies, even
refrigerated.
You better believe that even in this weather, my fridge is not set on
its highest interior
or freezer setting. I am still getting used, after several years, to
sticking something you
want frozen out on deck in winter. Same thing in winter with frozen
desserts, yogurt, and
sherbet: here I can stop by a friend's on route of errand, stay for a
little visit there, and
take my frozen groceries home still solid hard frozen. Try that in
south FL.

Dinner Bev Cat anecdotes 0 July 9th 09 01:40 AM
Dinner iz surrfed! Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 71 January 6th 07 01:09 AM
Dinner an' a koncert! Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 60 August 27th 06 07:40 PM
Celebratory Dinner ChildFree23 Cat community 1 April 12th 06 11:31 PM
"Easter" Dinner - OT jmcquown Cat anecdotes 12 March 29th 05 05:48 AM