giving the cat baths...

Old October 13th 03, 01:10 AM
C Anne

Default giving the cat baths...

Hiya...
anyone knows of the most natural, non-chemical way that I can bathe my cat
Fusspot? I live in the Northwest, where the flea season this time was
really horrid and his skin was a bit scally. He doesn't care for a wet
washcloth and even the most gentle brushing doesn't help.

Thanks!

Old October 13th 03, 01:48 AM
PawsForThought

You can try this: http://www.animalsites.com/cat.asp

________

Old October 13th 03, 08:47 PM
Karen M.

You can get moistened towlettes at petstores, and then just stroke him
with the towlette. I do that with mine sometimes, and they think they're
just getting some lovins.

Old October 13th 03, 10:26 PM
Barb 1

Does Fusspot have fleas? If that's the case I doubt a bath will be enough.
You need to speak to the vet about this. Generally cats do not need you to
bathe them. They do that themselves.

--
Barb
I can only please one person a day.

Old October 14th 03, 05:11 AM
MaryL

"C Anne" wrote in message
Hiya...
anyone knows of the most natural, non-chemical way that I can bathe my cat
Fusspot? I live in the Northwest, where the flea season this time was
really horrid and his skin was a bit scally. He doesn't care for a wet
washcloth and even the most gentle brushing doesn't help.

Thanks!

Is it possible he needs a nutritional supplement for dry skin? Also, I am
assuming that the flea problem has been solved. If not, you should probably
talk to your vet about Advantage or Frontline. (Do NOT use over-the-counter
flea preparations.)

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old October 14th 03, 05:47 PM
Syd

Hiya...
anyone knows of the most natural, non-chemical way that I can bathe my cat
Fusspot? I live in the Northwest, where the flea season this time was
really horrid and his skin was a bit scally. He doesn't care for a wet
washcloth and even the most gentle brushing doesn't help.

Thanks!

You might try rubbing a natural, light, edible oil under his fur, then
dusting him down with rice flour or cornstarch, then brushing it
out...The oil would definitely help his skin, and soothe the places
where there is discomfort. I would use something like hazelnut (very
light) or avacado oil, although olive oil would work pretty well. The
powder (definitely not talc) would absorb the excess oil (so he
doesn't get too loose, if you know what I mean) and brushing it out
would keep him from consuming too much of it, while removing the
excess dirt, scalies and other yuckies.

Good luck, I would be interested to hear how it goes!

Syd