Peeing inappropriately!

Old November 25th 03, 04:02 PM
bt openworld

Try Waterfall D-mannsoe for your cat's urinary tract infections. Obviously
this doesn't work for blockages though...

www.d-mannose-uk.com

"afr" wrote in message
. org...
Laura is correct. Although my cat didn't have an infection, the docs were
all looking for that. And FLUTD (formerly caled FUS) is very common. Cats
who "block" can die very quickly. I went to the ER at 10 pm because the ER
told me that if he was blocked, he could be dead by morning.
Their bladders can burst or their kidneys can toxify the body if they
can't urinate.

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Laura R. wrote:

circa Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:17:59 -0500, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Alison Perera ) said,
That's not true and I don't appreciate your gross exaggeration. I

have
said that a UTI, left untreated, can be deadly. That's completely
accurate.

OK, but how common is this?

I mean, male cats VERY, VERY seldom get infections in the lower

urinary
tract.

What is your source for this claim? My own experience, information
provided to me by numerous veterinarians and everything I've ever
read about urinary health issues in cats run contrary to your claim.
This is *not* something that "VERY, VERY seldom" occurs. Urinary
tract infection, inflammation, cystitis and FUS/FLUTD are fairly
common in cats, _particularly_ in males when it comes to crystalline
blockage. To pooh-pooh what should *always* be an owner's first
concern when a cat eliminates inappropriately as "VERY, VERY seldom"
occurring strikes me as a lot more dangerous an assertion to make
than for somebody to jump to warn about possible dangerous infection.

If you don't like the way Megan phrased her posts, that's one thing.
But to turn around and assert what you did is, in my opinion,
irresponsible and contrary.

Laura
--
Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster
they call Destiny.

Old November 25th 03, 07:42 PM
Steve Crane

"bt openworld" wrote in message ...
Try Waterfall D-mannsoe for your cat's urinary tract infections. Obviously
this doesn't work for blockages though...

www.d-mannose-uk.com

I would love to see any data you have to support the use of this in cats.