Conan Cliff Notes

Old June 18th 05, 12:19 AM
kitkatluna

Philip wrote:
kitkatluna wrote:

Philip wrote:

LemonPops via CatKB.com wrote:
snip

"Ok ... I found a cat. Not the Bengal kitten or like tempered
orange tabby kitten I was after but ... that's what happens when you go
shopping the Bargain Bin."

It's quite obvious that poor Conan never measured up in your eyes.

Lauren

The Bargain Bin is just what an animal shelter is. As you all know,
the county shelter is a dumping ground. There is still a diamond in
the rough named Conan if you people can get your collective asses
together and put him in another home and keep him well like you have
promised to do. Trying isn't good enough. And you ought to be able
to post the list of contributors to the Conan Fund. But you won't,
simply because only one of you can put your money where your mouth
is.

There is no fund yet because there is no reason to SEND FUNDS yet. If
fate makes it so that Conan gets adopted this weekend, that will
likely be the end of the Conan saga for us. If not, we will clearly be
staying informed to the best of our ability as to his health and
status, while people continue trying to find a home for him where HE
lives...L.A. *If* that cant happen, we seem to already have TWO
places to have him transported to across the country. I think we have our
collective
asses together quite well and are ready to act at any moment if need
be. Hope all is well with the kitten! (especially healthwise!!!) (!)

Pam

Here they come .... excuses.

Can't tell you anything about the kitten until ... well, you'll just have to
wait.

Trust me, we aren't waiting to hear about the kitten. Just for HIS sake,
we all hope he is WELL. (read: HEALTHY)

excuse this!

Pam
Old June 18th 05, 12:20 AM
Philip

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Philip" wrote
Ok, send me the bail money. Let's test your convictions.

I don't trust you. I would send it to the shelter though.

--
-Kelly

Ya mean you'd trust me with Conan but not the money. Ok, I register your
values. Why then should I trust you to place Conan in a new home? You
might just find another cause to persue, never to be heard from again. You
and I both know it's harder to place 3-4 year old cats than it is to place
cute little kittens.

Old June 18th 05, 12:20 AM
Philip

"biggerbadderbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

KellyH wrote:

If you really wanted to be helpful, YOU could go to the shelter and get
him
out and foster him until we can find a home. So far, you are the only
one
who lives in the area. I'm in MA, Mary's in NC, Candace in AZ, Phil,
midwest?, etc. Believe me, if I was anywhere near Orange County, I would
be
at the shelter in a heartbeat.

--
-Kelly

I just got off the phone with the shelter
The adoption fees involved are $50 - $60.00 for Conan.

They are open tommarrow 10 - 5

Conan can leave right now if someone could go get him.

He is an owner surrendered 2 yr old, neutered male.
I never heard how hold he was.

My vet put him in the 3-5 yr range, based on dental wear, one missing tooth,
and something else.

Old June 18th 05, 12:21 AM
kitkatluna

Philip wrote:
KellyH wrote:

"Philip" wrote
The Bargain Bin is just what an animal shelter is. As you all know,
the county shelter is a dumping ground. There is still a diamond in
the rough named Conan if you people can get your collective asses
together and put him in another home and keep him well like you have
promised to do. Trying isn't good enough. And you ought to be able to
post the list
of contributors to the Conan Fund. But you won't, simply because
only one of you can put your money where your mouth is.

The decision was made to see how this weekend goes, since the shelter
said there is a good chance he may get adopted. Funds will be taken
up when neccessary. What difference does it make if someone posts
the list of contributors or not? I will contribute something, when
there is something to contribute to.
If you really wanted to be helpful, YOU could go to the shelter and
get him out and foster him until we can find a home. So far, you are
the only one who lives in the area. I'm in MA, Mary's in NC, Candace
in AZ, Phil, midwest?, etc. Believe me, if I was anywhere near
Orange County, I would be at the shelter in a heartbeat.

Ok, send me the bail money. Let's test your convictions.

Again, I say, with all due respect, you should be out of the picture. I
would not want you to be bothered with Conan. What if he got the new
kitty sick? Then they'd BOTH be screwed. You are definitely the last
person we'll send any money to. I'll send a nice amount to the shelter
though, if that would work.

Pam
Old June 18th 05, 12:24 AM
KellyH

"Philip" wrote
Ya mean you'd trust me with Conan but not the money. Ok, I register your
values. Why then should I trust you to place Conan in a new home? You
might just find another cause to persue, never to be heard from again.
You and I both know it's harder to place 3-4 year old cats than it is to
place cute little kittens.

No, I don't trust you with Conan either. If you don't trust me either, then
no it wouldn't work. My point was, you are putting it on us to do something
and stomping your feet that we can't get off our collective asses, when if
you really did want to do something, you could. You created the mess.

--
-Kelly

Old June 18th 05, 12:27 AM
Mary

"Glitter Ninja" wrote in message
kitkatluna writes:
Philip wrote:

The Bargain Bin is just what an animal shelter is. As you all know,

the
county shelter is a dumping ground. There is still a diamond in the

rough
named Conan if you people can get your collective asses together

OK, you know what? Go to hell.

that cant happen, we seem to already have TWO places to have him
transported to across the country. I think we have our collective asses
together quite well and are ready to act at any moment if need be. Hope
all is well with the kitten! (especially healthwise!!!) (!)

Pam, you're terrific. And you're a gem for not pointing out to Philip
that this all happened because he was so eager to get rid of Conan, who
he thinks is just a defective product.

He just had a bad cold. He is a beautiful, friendly,
feisty boy!

Old June 18th 05, 12:32 AM
Candace

Philip wrote:

Because there is MONEY and trust involved. An example has already been
recalled about a trusted person absconding with funds for just such a
rescue.

Yes, and several other examples with happy endings were mentioned. I
participated in one of those where we contributed money for a cat named
Jack to be transported. At that time, we all just called the transport
company with our credit cards which they had agreed to. But I know on
rpca, they do stuff like this regularly and no one gets cheated.
Ideally, I suppose it might be best if we could donate directly to the
shelter but they wouldn't necessarily apply the $$ to Conan and, sorry,
but how can you trust a municipal shelter to distribute the funds where
you want them? Of course, all the kitties deserve to be helped but
most of us contribute locally. Conan is a specific kitty we want to
help.

Recognition for humanitarianism goes a long way toward getting more
donations. Its like putting a few dollars seed money in the hat for others
to see that motivates more people to give. Also helps keep the accountant
honest.

Well, I don't see why it would be an issue to say who contributed if
the person in charge wanted to do that...as long as last names were not
mentioned.

Candace

Old June 18th 05, 12:33 AM
biggerbadderbarry

kitkatluna wrote:

Again, I say, with all due respect, you should be out of the picture. I
would not want you to be bothered with Conan. What if he got the new
kitty sick? Then they'd BOTH be screwed. You are definitely the last
person we'll send any money to. I'll send a nice amount to the shelter
though, if that would work.

Pam

When I called - I was on hold for at least 25 whole minutes...

I asked the lady if someone can pay the $50-60.00 with CC over phone.
She told me she didn't see why not, but she wasn't sure.

She transferred me back to the main looping answering machine.
I tried 3 of the menu options and could not get an answer about CC over
phone.

Ideally of course the new parent would have the money with them when
they pick Conan up.

Old June 18th 05, 01:09 AM
Philip

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Philip" wrote
Ya mean you'd trust me with Conan but not the money. Ok, I register your
values. Why then should I trust you to place Conan in a new home? You
might just find another cause to persue, never to be heard from again.
You and I both know it's harder to place 3-4 year old cats than it is to
place cute little kittens.

No, I don't trust you with Conan either. If you don't trust me either,
then no it wouldn't work. My point was, you are putting it on us to do
something and stomping your feet that we can't get off our collective
asses, when if you really did want to do something, you could. You
created the mess.

--
-Kelly

Sweetheart, your collective intervention made a federal case out of this.
To date, nothing you have done collectively has altered the course of events
that would have occurred with Conan had none of you gone on crusade. That's
a fact, not a put-down.

Old June 18th 05, 01:09 AM
Philip

"kitkatluna" wrote in message
Philip wrote:

Ok, send me the bail money. Let's test your convictions.

Again, I say, with all due respect, you should be out of the picture.

But necessity can make for strange bedfellows, eh?

I would not want you to be bothered with Conan. What if he got the new
kitty sick?

A very valid concern all considered. Do you think the shelter would adopt
out a cat carrying a contagious disease .... especially now?

Then they'd BOTH be screwed. You are definitely the last person we'll send
any money to. I'll send a nice amount to the shelter though, if that would
work.

Pam

You failed my trust test. You would foot the bail money and then forget
about him once I had him home again. You won't trust me but you expect me
to trust you.