[OT] fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

Old June 3rd 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

Jo Firey wrote:

On 2006-06-02, Joy penned:

Another thing that will keep longer if you don't keep it tightly
sealed is lettuce. I buy the prepared salads that come in bags. If
I seal the bag, it gets slimy in two or three days. If I leave the
bag open, it will keep for as much as a week.

Those bagged salads seem to last forever -- like multiple weeks -- for
me. Maybe the arid climate?

As long as you try to buy them with a long "sell by" date and as long as you
don't open the bag they keep pretty well. Isn't there some sort of gas in
the bags that works as a preservative? Like what they have in cold storage
warehouses?

Probably! They may say "organic" (the latest buzz-word to
justify "premium" prices), but I don't think any of them say
"preservative free". (Probably because it wouldn't occur to
most of us to read the label for such a statement on fresh
produce.)

Old June 4th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default fridge life of cooked mushrooms?

Jo Firey wrote:

I usually draw the line at four days. But they I have a short memory and a
weak stomach so that's in the interest of safety. More than four days and
I'm not sure of origin date.

And Charlie will eat anything that is in the refrigerator, so I have to be
kind of careful about long term residents.

Both my daughters have been told if I die first to clean out the
refrigerator for him once in a while.

Then again, he seems to be able to eat darn near anything without problems.
He has eaten in street markets all over the world during his time in the
military.

LOL, isn't it amazing some of the things that hubbies will eat? When
Rob was in Korea the first time, he would eat stuff that the Koreans
with him wouldn't touch as they didn't know what was in it. He used to
scare them with his willingness to try just about anything. He did
pretty much the same in Germany. By the time he went to Korea for the
second tour, he'd learned that some foods can bite back.

Pam S. who was accused of trying to poison him once.