My Neighbor's Dog Ate My Cat

Old September 7th 03, 11:14 PM
Flying _Naked_People

Default My Neighbor's Dog Ate My Cat

Now I'm feeding her 3 two week old kittens. And I'm learning waaaay more about
cats than I ever wanted to. Like for instance, I don't think grooming is just
grooming. I think it's a necessary act - as necessary as eating (for their
nervous system??)! I have to simulate grooming with a warm damp washcloth.

But I'm confused about two of their behaviors. It's their "nose" activity. The
kittens seem to enjoy pushing their noses into my hands or arms or whatever.
And they like to stick their heads through holes. If I hold my finger and
thumb together to form a hole - they'll stick their head through it everytime.

What are they doing that for?

And if there are any inventors in here, please consider developing a "Mama
Cat." Basically, it's just a soft furry stuffed animal that randomly purrs and
has about 12 nipples sticking out of its belly. Preferrably, the nipples
should be attached to a removable bottle that people can fill with milk!

(Or is this already available?)

sigh

Old September 8th 03, 04:28 AM
Liz

I wonder if I'm getting corrupt files here. What does the title have
to do with the content of your post?

Cats (all felines) also mark their territories by rubbing the side of
their face/mouth against things (the nose rubbing you see). That's
probably instinctive. Cats are also very curious animals so they'll
always stick their paws or their head or their entire self inside
whatever. We have a saying here that goes "curiosity killed the cat."
Old September 8th 03, 04:47 AM
Agua Girl

"Liz" wrote in message
om...
I wonder if I'm getting corrupt files here. What does the title have
to do with the content of your post?

He is raising the babies because of the tragedy outlined
in the title.

Cats (all felines) also mark their territories by rubbing the side of
their face/mouth against things (the nose rubbing you see). That's
probably instinctive. Cats are also very curious animals so they'll
always stick their paws or their head or their entire self inside
whatever. We have a saying here that goes "curiosity killed the cat."

This is true but I have noticed that my cat liked the sides of her
face scratched. It's more than just marking. She will do the
same thing, if I make a circle with my fingers she will push her
face thru so she gets both cheeks..basically her whole face rubbed.
It's just something she likes.

BTW...I think the idea of "momma" cat is a good one. I doubt
it would be cost effective to make and market to the general
public but what a great thing for the rescue groups to have
access too. Maybe even create a sort of "rent a mom" .
I'll have to think about it for a bit and see who I know that
might be able to design it.

AG

Old September 8th 03, 10:34 AM
Guess Wh@-- U got Mail.!!!

Are you giving them kitten formular? They won't be able to tolerate
regular milk that humans drink & how are bowels? I can't believe your
neighbor's dog actually ate the mama cat.Killing it? Yes.but eating
it??..Either way I'd be ****ed off. What kind of dog was it? Now this
may seem grosse 2u but have u been stimulating their butts & private
parts with a warm wet wash cloth to help them go to the bathroom? Or can
they go ok by themselves? BTW what happened to that dog?

=A0
=A0=A0
NO ANIMALS SHOULD NEVER EVER BE ABUSED
http://community-2.webtv.net/chowcho...alsshouldEVER/

$2,000 Reward for Dog Fighters
Thousands of dogs are tortured, maimed, and killed each year because
their owners think that it is fun to watch animals tear each other
apart.=A0 Dog fighting is cruel and it is a crime.=A0 If you know
someone who is involved, you can help put an end to this horror.
Animal Adoption Network offers a reward of up to $2,000 for information
leading to the arrest and conviction of any person who organizes or
officiates dogfights.
Call your local animal control or police/sheriff's department to report
a crime and notify Animal Adoption Network.
=A0
=A0
=A0
=A0
=A0
=A0

http://community.webtv.net/Fr0mMyPet...ThomasJOConnor

Old September 8th 03, 09:34 PM

"Flying _Naked_People" http://www.rcip.com/nerdgerl/email.htm wrote in message ...
Now I'm feeding her 3 two week old kittens. And I'm learning waaaay more about
cats than I ever wanted to.

The rewards will be enormous. You'll never have 3 beings more devoted
to you than these, once they grow up.

Like for instance, I don't think grooming is just
grooming. I think it's a necessary act - as necessary as eating (for their
nervous system??)! I have to simulate grooming with a warm damp washcloth.

Yes you do. They are too young to do for themselves at this point.
You are doing for them, what their mama would do with her tongue.

But I'm confused about two of their behaviors. It's their "nose" activity. The
kittens seem to enjoy pushing their noses into my hands or arms or whatever.
And they like to stick their heads through holes. If I hold my finger and
thumb together to form a hole - they'll stick their head through it everytime.

What are they doing that for?

They are trying to attach themselves to "mama" -- you in this case.
Cuddle/nuzzle/cuddle/nuzzle.
And as they get older, "holes" are items of curiousity for cats.

And if there are any inventors in here, please consider developing a "Mama
Cat." Basically, it's just a soft furry stuffed animal that randomly purrs and
has about 12 nipples sticking out of its belly. Preferrably, the nipples
should be attached to a removable bottle that people can fill with milk!

Well you might be able to rig one up yourself.
Probably help to have a heating pad on very low setting, with a towel
over it,
for warmth too.

Meanwhile, keep up the good work "Mom"....