Our cat bed inventory

Old May 4th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Our cat bed inventory

We've been accused of pampering our four cats - Martha, Emily and
Sophie indoors and Mooch our resident stray outdoors. There may be
some truth to this, if you consider this inventory of cat-dedicated
sleeping items around our house. These don't include beds and other
furniture where they also like to nap.

- Upstairs home office where I'm writing this: 3 (1 cat bed, 2
cushions)
- Upstairs bedroom: 1 (1 cat bed)
- Downstairs living room: 1 (1 cushion on radiator with view out
window)
- Downstairs dining room: 2 (1 cushion, one padded chair for cats
only)
- Downstairs den: 1 (1 cat bed)
- Basement furnace room: 1 (1 padded wicker sofa for cats only)
- Veranda: 1 (1 padded chair with heating pads for Mooch)

- TOTAL: 10 cat beds, cat cushions, cat sofas and cat chairs

Do we pamper our cats? We'll leave that for you to decide!
Old May 4th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On May 4, 9:46*am, Bobcat wrote:
"Bobcat" bob_catt@... wrote:

We've been accused of pampering our four cats - Martha, Emily and Sophie indoors and Mooch our resident stray outdoors. There may be some truth to this, if you consider this inventory of cat-dedicated sleeping items around our house.

[snip]
- TOTAL: 10 cat beds, cat cushions, cat sofas and cat chairs

I've retaken cat bed inventory, and found that I missed one cat
cushion in the downstairs den. So the total should be 11, not 10!
Old May 4th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LadyJane

On May 4, 11:26*am, Bobcat wrote:
On May 4, 9:46*am, Bobcat wrote:

"Bobcat" bob_catt@... wrote:

We've been accused of pampering our four cats - Martha, Emily and Sophie indoors and Mooch our resident stray outdoors. There may be some truth to this, if you consider this inventory of cat-dedicated sleeping items around our house.

[snip]
- TOTAL: 10 cat beds, cat cushions, cat sofas and cat chairs

I've retaken cat bed inventory, and found that I missed one cat
cushion in the downstairs den. So the total should be 11, not 10!

I have FOUR cat beds/cushions and THREE cat trees for Princess Rita.

Not to mention, the whole couch and the whole bed.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Old May 4th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bobcat wrote:
On May 4, 9:46 am, Bobcat wrote:
"Bobcat" bob_catt@... wrote:
We've been accused of pampering our four cats - Martha, Emily and Sophie indoors and Mooch our resident stray outdoors. There may be some truth to this, if you consider this inventory of cat-dedicated sleeping items around our house.

[snip]
- TOTAL: 10 cat beds, cat cushions, cat sofas and cat chairs

I've retaken cat bed inventory, and found that I missed one cat
cushion in the downstairs den. So the total should be 11, not 10!

I don't know, sounds just about adequate to me.

Let's see... I don't have a single dedicated cat bed, but I do have:

In the hallway: one Sherpa bag with a woollen blankie inside
One hard-sided carrier with folded newspaper inside

Office space: one big cat tower on the desk, with two cubby holes and a
soft cushion on top. I tried to put towels into the cubby holes to make
them more comfortable, but Miranda, my interior designer, pulled them
out of there. It seems they are not allowed.

Living-room space: one cat tree with three levels, popular sleeping spot.
One double cat tree (two poles with a 'bridge' between). It has a
separate nest level that is a popular sleeping place.
One butterfly chair with some soft cushions, just for the cats.

Sauna: one woolly cat bed (hey, I do have one cat bed) that my niece
crocheted for me a couple of years ago for Xmas.

Around the flat: sundry cardboard boxes, 5 ATM, for sleeping and
becoming invisible in.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old May 4th 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Mon, 4 May 2009 06:46:54 -0700 (PDT), Bobcat
wrote:

[...]

We have three cats and no actual 'official' cat beds... But in our
three room apartment they have the following cat-only items:

Living room - large wooden crate with a pillow in it, cardboard box
that Silver likes, and a quilt-covered coffee-table frame 'catbed'
that's just for the girls to relax on.

Bedroom - cushy blanket spread in the corner of the room for Tessie to
smurgle on, pillow in the wardrobe (also for Tessie but she seems to
prefer the bathtub nowadays), usually a cardboard box for Tessie to
play in/shred.

Craft room - pillow in the closet for Scouty, box-cave in the corner
of the room for Scouty, box on my desk for whoever wants it, box in
the OTHER corner of the room that wasn't meant for them at all but
they like it there.
Old May 4th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

- TOTAL: 10 cat beds, cat cushions, cat sofas and cat chairs

Do we pamper our cats? We'll leave that for you to decide!

Mine have an Ikea rocking chair that not even guests sit on. As well
as 4 beds in the lounge, a sofa and 6 beds (not including mine) in my
bedroom, a chair in the study, a cat tree bed in the dining room, as
well as the 4 dogs beds.

My cats are in no way spoiled.

Helen M
Old May 5th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bobcat wrote:

We've been accused of pampering our four cats - Martha, Emily and
Sophie indoors and Mooch our resident stray outdoors. There may be
some truth to this, if you consider this inventory of cat-dedicated
sleeping items around our house. These don't include beds and other
furniture where they also like to nap.

[snip list]

- TOTAL: 10 cat beds, cat cushions, cat sofas and cat chairs

Do we pamper our cats? We'll leave that for you to decide!

I don't have anything that was specifically designed to be a cat bed.
Whenever I see them in the pet store, I want to buy one, but then I
think "I could make one for the fraction of the cost." Of course,
then I never get around to making one!

I don't think my cats suffer for this, though. They're quite adept
at claiming spots as personal sleeping areas. Favorites include my
bed, the folded-up futon in my computer room, the back of the couch,
the shelf next to the window that gets good sunlight, a box of papers
that I've been meaning to shred for at least 5 years (that's a good
hiding place, too, because it's on top of a very tall bookcase, and
if a kitty is in that box I can't see them at all). And pretty much
just about any other place.

In fact, they like to sleep in places that not only weren't designed
for cats, but in fact sometimes look downright uncomfortable. For
example, Smudge used to sleep with her head on my computer monitor,
her lower region resting on the PC tower, and the rest of her stretched
(and sagging) across the gap between the two (my purchases of a flat
screen and then a laptop have put a stop to that). Wouldn't it be
great if there were a site dedicated to photos of cats sleeping in
very uncomfortable-looking places and/or positions, nonetheless
looking totally relaxed? I think cats are fakirs in disguise.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 5th 09, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:

My cats are in no way spoiled.

Helen M

There's no such thing as a spoiled cat, just a properly trained hoomin.

Snoopy