To get us in the mood for tomorrow

Old December 25th 05, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default To get us in the mood for tomorrow

http://www.blueyze.com/christmasnight.html

Old December 25th 05, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:
http://www.blueyze.com/christmasnight.html

Sorry NMR, that's pretty scary.
-L.

Old December 25th 05, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Only if you live in Florida and see that

Merry Xmas L
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old December 25th 05, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"NMR" wrote in message
. ..
Only if you live in Florida and see that

Or if you are a miserable, unhappy shrew.

Merry Xmas L
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old December 25th 05, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:
http://www.blueyze.com/christmasnight.html

They (the ubiquitous *they*) are claiming we might get snow flurries in west
Tennessee today. I'll believe it when I see it. In the 30+ years I've
lived here it has never snowed on Christmas. We did get some flurries on
Christmas eve back around 1980. It was enough to get everyone excited but
of course it melted the moment it hit the ground. We mostly just get ice
storms, which are no fun at all.

Jill

Old December 25th 05, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
NMR wrote:
http://www.blueyze.com/christmasnight.html

They (the ubiquitous *they*) are claiming we might get snow flurries in west
Tennessee today. I'll believe it when I see it. In the 30+ years I've
lived here it has never snowed on Christmas. We did get some flurries on
Christmas eve back around 1980. It was enough to get everyone excited but
of course it melted the moment it hit the ground. We mostly just get ice
storms, which are no fun at all.

Jill

That's like our weather, Jill. I do remember a beautiful white
Christmas around 1975 though. Big, beautiful flakes floating down like
in that photo.
Unfortunately, "the wind comes sweeping down the plains" all year
round, so when it *does* snow, it snows horizontally. Or, like you, we
more often get sleet and ice storms.
Bah!

Sherry

Old December 25th 05, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
NMR wrote:
[...]

I remember being sent home from school early (no, I wasn't bad, they closed
the school!) in 1976... the flakes of snow coming down were HUGE and Farrah
Fawcett hair was the *in* thing (reminds me of the Weird Al eBay song.) My
friend Jody had flakes nesting in her fluffy flipped up turned back Farrah
hair and I remember remarking how pretty it looked. What a blast from the
past. And it's still not snowing here. Happy holidays!

Right now I have hand harvested wild rice simmering on the stove. I'll add
this to my cornbread dressing (note: dressing is cooked in a bread pan, not
stuffed inside something). I'm roasting a cornish game hen (brushed with
melted butter and patted with dried thyme & sage), steaming broccoli (to be
accompanied with hollandaise sauce) and brussels sprouts. This, along with
the dressing and remaining wild rice will make a lovely meal with plenty of
leftovers.

My LLL got his mother, Gretchen, out of the nursing home last night to spend
the day with him today. He called this morning; she is instructing him
(like a drill sargeant) on how to burn the turkey and ruin the gravy. I
think he started drinking early. LOL

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Jill

Old December 26th 05, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"NMR" wrote in message
http://www.blueyze.com/christmasnight.html

Thank you, NMR. That's beautiful!

Merry Christmas!