Fibromyalgia [OT]

Old August 13th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Ambien (was Fibromyalgia [OT])

On Aug 13, 9:36*am, "CatNipped" wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in messagenews:1703bcb6-e3e4-

As for driving, I've heard that it's possible with Ambien, but it
isnt' something I've ever tried (DH would wake me up or restrain me at
that point). *The only reassurance I could offer you is that, as
CatNipped (I think it was) said, if you take your meds and go straight
to bed, the sleepwalking generally doesn't happen (not to me anyway).
It seems to be if I take it, then sit up for another hour or so
watching something on television or whatever. *Then I have some issues
with remaining in bed.

I think that was Jo.

Oops, my mistake. I knew someone had mentioned it in this thread, but
couldnt' remember for certain.

That doesn't make any difference for me - I'd get up in the middle of the
night (midnight, 1AM, etc.) after I'd been sleeping for a few hours. *I
always take my Ambien when I'm *in* bed and put the TV on automatic shut
off. *I do that because Ambien works so quickly for me - I'm asleep 10
minutes after I've taken it (except for those nights when, for some reason,
they just don't work and I have to take a second - which screws up my
prescription because they will only fill them at exactly thirty day
intervals so you never have any "extras", so for those nights it takes two
to get me to sleep I can't take one at 2AM so I usually just stay awake
after waking at 2).

I take the one, and if I wake in the middle of the night, I get up.
Once I tried taking another, and I didn't sleep for two days (go
figure). So, just the one, hope I get 4 hours of sleep, and I'm
alright. Yes, I have always functioned on very little sleep (usually
3 hours when I was "healthy"), just like my mom.

You are just unique CatNipped, dint ya know that? I do feel badly for
you. I know how hard it is when you can't even get a little bit of
sleep. I keep hoping that they'll figure out how to fix the sleep
disorder for FMS sufferers, but when they do that, they will probably
be able to cure the stupid thing.
Old August 13th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

[...]

How's the saying go, "From your mouth to God's ear!"

Fuzzy Tummy Rubs,

CatNipped

Old August 13th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message

That doesn't make any difference for me - I'd get up in the middle
of the night (midnight, 1AM, etc.) after I'd been sleeping for a few
hours. I always take my Ambien when I'm *in* bed and put the TV on
automatic shut off. I do that because Ambien works so quickly for
me - I'm asleep 10 minutes after I've taken it (except for those
nights when, for some reason, they just don't work and I have to
take a second - which screws up my prescription because they will
only fill them at exactly thirty day intervals so you never have any
"extras", so for those nights it takes two to get me to sleep I
can't take one at 2AM so I usually just stay awake after waking at
2).

Sometimes if I'm there at two am, drinking something warm will
'reactivate' the med already in my system and get be back to sleep.

Jo

Old August 13th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Memory blackouts (was: Fibromyalgia [OT])

Cheryl P. wrote:

And then you get the really weird cases where sleepwalkers drive and
even commit crimes without being awake enough to be responsible. Or the
stuff people do in alcoholic blackouts.

I had a couple of those as a teenager (alcoholic blackouts). One happened
when I was 16, and had made myself a screwdriver that was half vodka and
half orange juice. In a 10-oz glass! And I drank the whole thing down (it
was disgusting). And then, in my infinite 16-year-old wisdom, I went off
to work. Fortunately, I could walk there, so I wasn't endangering anyone.

After I was at work maybe half an hour, I started feeling sick to my
stomach. I went into the bathroom and lay down on the floor by the toilet,
ready to spew when the time came. Instead, I passed out. I was eventually
awakened by one of my co-workers knocking on the door and asking if I was
OK. I ended up going home sick.

I don't remember much of anything about that walk home (it was about a
mile), except I do remember coming to a corner with a traffic light,
with my shoes in my hand. Of course, I don't remember removing them. (At
least it was only shoes, and not other articles of clothing.) The next
thing I remember was walking up my driveway at home. My mother was in
the driveway and asked me why I was home. I said I was sick and went
up to bed. I got sick a couple of times (once I woke up mid-vomiting
while lying on the floor). And then was in and out of consciousness for
hours. It was completely miserable.

I can't believe my parents didn't catch on. I must have been reeking of
alcohol. And they weren't the types not to say anything if they had
suspected, so I really don't think they did.

Another time, I drank an entire bottle of cheap wine all by myself.
I did a few things I didn't remember doing, including putting a green
pepper stuffed with cottage cheese into my underwear drawer (which I
discovered the next morning). Another miserable sickness experience,
including dry-heaves (worse than puking).

Luckily, this didn't become an ongoing pattern. Just a bit of adolescent
excess!

--
Joyce ^..^