Medical OT

Old January 12th 12, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Medical OT

I already have my appointments for my CAT scan and MRI scan of my brain.
This is worrying. It usually take ages.
One is for next Thursday. To get it so soon usually means the consultant is
worried too.
OMG. Just let me think someone cancelled and a brain tumour is not on the
cards.
TBH, I would not be surprised as I've been waiting since my ovarian ca in 05
for it to get me again, which it will at some point. I try not to think
about it as much as I can but also try to be optimistic. It's a sinus
problem, right?
My docs are doing the right thing by testing me as loss of smell & taste can
be brain tumour symptoms & with my history it's best not to take a chance.
Tweed

Old January 13th 12, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I already have my appointments for my CAT scan and MRI scan of my brain.
This is worrying. It usually take ages.
One is for next Thursday. To get it so soon usually means the consultant is
worried too.
OMG. Just let me think someone cancelled and a brain tumour is not on the
cards.
TBH, I would not be surprised as I've been waiting since my ovarian ca in 05
for it to get me again, which it will at some point. I try not to think
about it as much as I can but also try to be optimistic. It's a sinus
problem, right?
My docs are doing the right thing by testing me as loss of smell & taste can
be brain tumour symptoms & with my history it's best not to take a chance.

Tweed, that might be the main reason you got to jump the queue - you have
a history of cancer, which automatically puts you into a different catetory
from someone who doesn't. So it doesn't necessarily mean the consultant is
worried about you.

But I'll keep my furbutts purring for you. They'll be especially good at
this during your CAT scan.

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old January 14th 12, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

My increasingly irritability and unreasonableness may mean nothing. Don't
think I don't know about it, I do. I can't prevent it.
Lets hope is just because of stress, bereavement of a friend, neighbour
problems and what seems like continual health problems and not something
more sinister.
It did not help tonight when I saw "Boston Medical" when a man had a tumour
in his sinus cavities and had to have half his face taken off to access it.
You will all have to excuse me if I am confrontational and horrible atm.
Everything annoys me, and I really can't help it.
Tweed

Old January 14th 12, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Jan 12, 6:51*pm, wrote:

Tweed, that might be the main reason you got to jump the queue - you have
a history of cancer, which automatically puts you into a different catetory
from someone who doesn't.

That's almost certainly it- every department in the NHS (not just A&E)
pratice triage where they work out which patients need to be seen
first and which can wait a little longer and which can wait a lot
longer. Given your history and your other current health problems
you're going to get seen sooner than someone else

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 14th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

Tweed, that might be the main reason you got to jump the queue - you have
a history of cancer, which automatically puts you into a different
catetory
from someone who doesn't.

That's almost certainly it- every department in the NHS (not just A&E)
pratice triage where they work out which patients need to be seen
first and which can wait a little longer and which can wait a lot
longer. Given your history and your other current health problems
you're going to get seen sooner than someone else

I know, but I get annoyed on the group. I don't think it's because I have a
brain tumour though ;-)
I think it's because I have to say something that others might not agree
with and I don't care!
Tweed

Old January 14th 12, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

My increasingly irritability and unreasonableness may mean nothing. Don't
think I don't know about it, I do. I can't prevent it.
Lets hope is just because of stress, bereavement of a friend, neighbour
problems and what seems like continual health problems and not something
more sinister.

I'm a pretty irritable person myself, and I have far fewer excuses than
you do. Don't worry about it - I think most of us understand!

You will all have to excuse me if I am confrontational and horrible atm.
Everything annoys me, and I really can't help it.

I know what that feels like, I really do, even if my problems aren't
as relentless. Go easy on yourself. I won't tell you to "relax", but
I like Judith's advice - try to spend some time doing relaxing things.
It might help a little.

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster
Old January 15th 12, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

Tweed, that might be the main reason you got to jump the queue - you have
a history of cancer, which automatically puts you into a different
catetory
from someone who doesn't.

That's almost certainly it- every department in the NHS (not just A&E)
pratice triage where they work out which patients need to be seen
first and which can wait a little longer and which can wait a lot
longer. Given your history and your other current health problems
you're going to get seen sooner than someone else

I know, but I get annoyed on the group. I don't think it's because I have
a brain tumour though ;-)
I think it's because I have to say something that others might not agree
with and I don't care!
Tweed

Tweed quick question are you on new meds have you checked the side effects
to see if they might be the culprit for your irritability as you are calling
it

Old January 15th 12, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

ng.com...

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

[...]

No new meds, just a bad girl, Matt ;-)

Old January 15th 12, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

ng.com...

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 6:51 pm, wrote:

[...]

How about "just an over-stressed girl"?

--
Joyce

audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.