Cat women turn me off

Old January 15th 05, 08:18 PM
Mary

"Cat Protector" had some very interesting
things to say about Cat women turn me off:

First of all you are dillusional. Most women that I have met out there

are
dog lovers.

:0)

Old January 15th 05, 08:41 PM
Shiral

You're in way way way, the wrong place to display your hostility toward
cats and cat people, buddy. I love dogs too, but I can't have them
because of my apartment's rules. I find cats are excellent company, and
when was the last time you found a self-cleaning dog?

Melissa

Old January 15th 05, 08:44 PM
OU812?

catlvr wrote:
I thought I would briefly enter this pi**ing contest ... not sure why
you are posting here, Cliff. I personally think *many* people who
prefer dogs are insecure and need an animal that they can control, or
need to have a ferocious-looking animal with them to make up for their
own shortcomings. (Do you drive a big, noisy, pickup truck, by any
chance?) "Cat people" as you call them, have enough confidence to care
for an animal who is independent and highly intelligent, and who
doesn't immediately come slobbering and whining to you when called. Who
wants to walk behind their animal picking up steamy piles of poop in
public? God, that's gross. I don't hate dogs; don't get me wrong - some
are very sweet, but I would never own one. And I would never date a guy
who owns one.

I love both cats and dogs for differing reasons, but i don't have a dog
because we live in apartments and i think its wrong to subject dogs to
that, esp. the breeds that I would be interested in having (ie big goofy
dogs) And, since *I* handle the cat cleanup duties, if we get a dog, it
will be hubby who does the poop duty, when he decides he's ready for
that, then we'll see

Kristy
Old January 15th 05, 08:51 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Christina Websell" had some very
interesting things to say about Cat women turn me off:

shrug To each his own.
It's kinda weird that you're hanging out in a cat newsgroup though.

Think "what lives under bridges in children's stories" :-).

Aaaarrgh! Are you talking about the *T* word? Is it time for recipes?
Hope so

Ladies and gentlemen, start your cookbooks. :-)

Old January 15th 05, 08:56 PM
Bill Stock

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just saw a little news blip about how women are
attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.

LOL, never did much for me. I remember when I got the first cat, a woman I
knew said "You've got a Cat!". She hated cats. Then when I got the second
cat, my reputation was shot.

[Troll Snippage]

Old January 15th 05, 08:59 PM
Slimpickins

** I probably should not reply to this post as I don't know what your point
of posting on specifically 'cats NG's, except* for the obvious reason to
troll bait. However, that said, I have to say that many 'dogs' turn me off.
Cats are very clean, low maintenance, independent and mysterious and often
beautiful, which is part of the reason some cats and kitten intrigue me so
much. But mannnny dogs smell plain awful IMO, and are equally loud, and can
be often aggressive if not socialized and many aren't. Trust me I've had too
many neighbors that let them run loose and/or kept them as yard oriments.

To each his own. But I wouldn't be so narrow minded as to say I'd never
date a guy that had a dog or dogs. I think you can tell a lot about a person
by how they treat/ love their animals, family, and friends. Nuff said.

ML

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just saw a little news blip about how women are
attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.

First of all, I'm a guy who loves babies (most of 'em
anyway; I ain't too crazy about bratty, ugly ones), puppies...
and cute things in general; far more than most men, I think.
So don't peg me as a cold type person. But cats....I don't hate
them like some people do, and some of them are kind of cute,
but, I mean, who could really be attracted to something that
considers a big, filthy rat filet mignon?

When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking
about "my cats" shudder. Cat women sometimes even have cat-like
mannerisms, and they let their cats jump onto their kitchen counters
and everywhere else, dropping cat hairs into the food they and
their guests eat yuck. Dogs are smarter and sweeter, and they
don't act creepy. You may now return to regular programming.

--
Cliff

Old January 15th 05, 09:05 PM
Seanette Blaylock

OU812? had some very interesting things to say
about Cat women turn me off:

I love both cats and dogs for differing reasons, but i don't have a dog
because we live in apartments and i think its wrong to subject dogs to
that, esp. the breeds that I would be interested in having (ie big goofy
dogs) And, since *I* handle the cat cleanup duties, if we get a dog, it
will be hubby who does the poop duty, when he decides he's ready for
that, then we'll see

I agree with your preference for big dogs and with your reason for not
having one [same reason I don't].

Old January 15th 05, 09:06 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Bill Stock" had some very interesting things to say
about Cat women turn me off:

I just saw a little news blip about how women are
attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.

LOL, never did much for me. I remember when I got the first cat, a woman I
knew said "You've got a Cat!". She hated cats. Then when I got the second
cat, my reputation was shot.

My DH has a strong preference for cats over dogs.

Sleep Yowie Cat anecdotes 14 November 8th 04 11:53 PM
Turn $6.00 into $6,000.00 JmSpring6 Cat anecdotes 2 August 30th 04 04:56 PM
Turn $6.00 into $6,000.00 JmSpring6 Cat community 1 August 30th 04 04:54 PM
Turn $6.00 into $6,000.00 JmSpring6 Cat health & behaviour 3 August 30th 04 04:52 PM
Women and cats Ted Davis Cats - misc 197 June 29th 04 05:21 AM