My kitten is very sick!!

Old May 25th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My kitten is very sick!!

I have a kitten, about 4 1/2 weeks old, and it has had many problems for the
last couple of weeks. When it was born it was a normal size, the same as the
rest, and just recently it has gotten smaller than the rest, is normally fat
at the stomache but has very skinny legs and backbones, and has had a
uncontrolable stool. One eye has got an infection and has started having
troubles standing with its front legs just tonight. It is an outside kitten
and we bring it in away from the other kittens to eat soft canned food. When
it gets the chance and can catch the mother cat, it will also eat from her.
He has no troubles eating but is VERY sick.
IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP OR ADVISE, PLEASE UPDATE ME. I don't know how long
the kitten is going to live for if he doesn't get help soon. Any response is
greatly appriciated!!

Alyssa
Old May 25th 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP OR ADVISE, PLEASE UPDATE ME.

Vet. Now- kittens can deteriorate very quickly

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 25th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP OR ADVISE, PLEASE UPDATE ME. I don't know how long
the kitten is going to live for if he doesn't get help soon. Any response is
greatly appriciated!!

That kitten must see a vet immediately.

You may have to feed him/her yourself with a bottle if the mother is
untameable and if s/he requires regular medication or a stay at the
vet. If S/he is away from the mother, the mother may abandon him/her
and that means YOU are the new mother.

--Fil

Old May 25th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I hope your kitten has been to the vet by now- loving healing vibes on
the way from here.
barbara

Old May 25th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lesley wrote:
IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP OR ADVISE, PLEASE UPDATE ME.

Vet. Now- kittens can deteriorate very quickly

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Well, thank you for your advise, but the kitten passed away this morning. It
was very upsetting
Old May 25th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Enfilade wrote:
IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP OR ADVISE, PLEASE UPDATE ME. I don't know how long
the kitten is going to live for if he doesn't get help soon. Any response is
greatly appriciated!!

That kitten must see a vet immediately.

You may have to feed him/her yourself with a bottle if the mother is
untameable and if s/he requires regular medication or a stay at the
vet. If S/he is away from the mother, the mother may abandon him/her
and that means YOU are the new mother.

--Fil

We didn't really have the money to bring the kitten in and we already knew
that they wouldn't have done anything for him. He was old enough that the
kitten was eating canned food and STIL drinking from the mother. Thank you
for your advise, but I wish I could have done something sooner. My kitten
passed away this morning.
Old May 25th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:15:34 +0000, Alyssa8 wrote:

I have a kitten, about 4 1/2 weeks old, and it has had many problems for the
last couple of weeks. When it was born it was a normal size, the same as the
rest, and just recently it has gotten smaller than the rest, is normally fat
at the stomache but has very skinny legs and backbones, and has had a
uncontrolable stool. One eye has got an infection and has started having
troubles standing with its front legs just tonight. It is an outside kitten
and we bring it in away from the other kittens to eat soft canned food. When
it gets the chance and can catch the mother cat, it will also eat from her.
He has no troubles eating but is VERY sick.
IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP OR ADVISE, PLEASE UPDATE ME. I don't know how long
the kitten is going to live for if he doesn't get help soon. Any response is
greatly appriciated!!

Alyssa

When I first read this is thought "troll". No one could be so
insensitive as to leave a four week old kitten outside to more or less
fend for itself. Suggestion Either get on your computer or go to the
library and read up on cat care. If you are a child, please remember to
read and learn as much as you can about baby animals before you try to
raise any. MLB

Old May 25th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I got the impression from reading her first post that it was a feral
kitten, that they were just trying to look after, possibly it was the
"runt" of the litter which is why the mother didn't look after it
properly, I've seen this happen before, very sad.

Marcia