The (Almost) Dumpling Caper

Old August 12th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default The (Almost) Dumpling Caper

I made a pot of chicken & dumplings the other night for dinner. I heated up
a bowl for lunch. I was down to just a little meaty broth and one small,
lonely dumpling when Mom asked me to get her some ginger ale. (You know
where this is going.)

I set the bowl on the coffee table and went to the kitchen. Now, Persia's a
very good girl; she *never* jumps up on tables. But when I came back she
was leaning waaaaay out from the sofa towards the coffee table, craning her
neck towards the bowl of rich chicken broth and that dumpling!

I yelled, "Persia! No!" and she backed off, looking appropriately innocent
about the whole thing. Mom was just sitting there, smiling and watching
her. I asked, "Why didn't you yell or say something to her?" She said with
a grin, "I just wanted to see what she would do!" LOL

Jill

Old August 12th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

jmcquown wrote:
I made a pot of chicken & dumplings the other night for dinner. I
heated up a bowl for lunch. I was down to just a little meaty broth and
one small, lonely dumpling when Mom asked me to get her some ginger
ale. (You know where this is going.)

I do?

I set the bowl on the coffee table and went to the kitchen. Now,
Persia's a very good girl; she *never* jumps up on tables. But when I
came back she was leaning waaaaay out from the sofa towards the coffee
table, craning her neck towards the bowl of rich chicken broth and that
dumpling!

She was turtle-necking!

I yelled, "Persia! No!" and she backed off, looking appropriately
innocent about the whole thing. Mom was just sitting there, smiling and
watching her. I asked, "Why didn't you yell or say something to her?"
She said with a grin, "I just wanted to see what she would do!" LOL

Jill

I do that all the time - leave something just to see who gets to it
first (and how they react to it, as well)

I recently bought a small (less than 1 lb) bag of Innova cat food -
well, they liked it, and would NOT eat their regular food after having
that Innova.... So now we are buying Innova 9and gave the other cat
food away, it was Felidae) I'm not sure if it's the taste or the shape,
as Innova is small round kibble, Felidae is 'fun' shapes. I've read
where cats like the round shapes better...

But anyway, a 16lb bag of Innova is gasp $37!!!!! vs Felidae at $23
for 18lb bag. And with 11 cats, we go through 2 - 3 bags a month!!!!
but on the plus side, Tennessee is growing his fur back (Innova only
uses rice as a grain, no wheat or corns, and he has developed an allergy
that makes him itch and get sores on his neck, and pull his fur off his
back)

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 12th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
I made a pot of chicken & dumplings the other night for dinner. I heated
up a bowl for lunch. I was down to just a little meaty broth and one
small, lonely dumpling when Mom asked me to get her some ginger ale. (You
know where this is going.)

I set the bowl on the coffee table and went to the kitchen. Now, Persia's
a very good girl; she *never* jumps up on tables. But when I came back
she was leaning waaaaay out from the sofa towards the coffee table,
craning her neck towards the bowl of rich chicken broth and that dumpling!

I yelled, "Persia! No!" and she backed off, looking appropriately innocent
about the whole thing. Mom was just sitting there, smiling and watching
her. I asked, "Why didn't you yell or say something to her?" She said
with a grin, "I just wanted to see what she would do!" LOL

Jill

LOL!

I've been spoiled. For several years now I've had only cats that never
bothered my food, no matter where I left it. Now there's just Lindy, and
she's getting up in years. At some point I will no doubt get another cat.
I'll have to re-train myself, or the new one will probably initiate the
training.

Joy

Old August 12th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Probably because they swallow most dry food kibbles whole and the round ones
won't scratch going down.

But anyway, a 16lb bag of Innova is gasp $37!!!!! vs Felidae at $23
for 18lb bag. And with 11 cats, we go through 2 - 3 bags a month!!!! but
on the plus side, Tennessee is growing his fur back (Innova only uses rice
as a grain, no wheat or corns, and he has developed an allergy that makes
him itch and get sores on his neck, and pull his fur off his back)

Mine eat 2 cans of Fancy Feast a day at $0.50/can times 5 cats plus they
"graze" on Science Diet Senior Advanced formula which is about $23/8.5lb bag
(thankfully they only eat less than a cup of that between the 5 of them
every day). I think we spend more for the cats' food than we do for our
own! ;

Ear Twitches,

CatNipped

Old August 12th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
I made a pot of chicken & dumplings the other night for dinner. I heated
up a bowl for lunch. I was down to just a little meaty broth and one
small, lonely dumpling when Mom asked me to get her some ginger ale. (You
know where this is going.)

I set the bowl on the coffee table and went to the kitchen. Now, Persia's
a very good girl; she *never* jumps up on tables. But when I came back
she was leaning waaaaay out from the sofa towards the coffee table,
craning her neck towards the bowl of rich chicken broth and that dumpling!

I yelled, "Persia! No!" and she backed off, looking appropriately innocent
about the whole thing. Mom was just sitting there, smiling and watching
her. I asked, "Why didn't you yell or say something to her?" She said
with a grin, "I just wanted to see what she would do!" LOL

Jill

LOL! Cute mental picture!!

Most of my clowder don't care too much for most "human food". Demi,
however, loves her some chicken - cooked any way at all. Sammy will go ape
for cantaloupe. Jessie likes fish food flakes! Da Boyz - well just like
"teen-aged" males the world over, they'll eat just about anything any time,
anywhere! ;

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 13th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

ROFLMAO........ Great story, Jill, and one I can relate

kili