Memories: Persia and the Fancy Feast

Old August 10th 14, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Memories: Persia and the Fancy Feast

Back when Persia first came to live with me (2001) I'd only give her a
can of Fancy Feast (FF) as a treat on Sundays. Don't ask me what my
rationale for that was... probably just my wallet. Heh.

I kept the FF on the second shelf of the pantry in the kitchen. The
shelves were offset to the side and that shelf was pretty high up.
There was also a large kitchen wastebasket right inside the pantry door.

One *Saturday* she decided she wanted some FF. She managed to open the
door to the pantry. She maneuvered around the wastebasket and stretched
up to the second shelf. Now, the FF was sitting right next to an
identical size can of chopped green chili peppers. But she selected a
can of FF, knocked it off the shelf and scooted it to the middle of the
kitchen floor. Then she sat down... and waited.

When I walked into the kitchen I burst out laughing! You little goof!
Of course she got some FF just for being so precocious. :-D

Jill
Old August 10th 14, 09:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

jmcquown wrote:

When I walked into the kitchen I burst out laughing! You little goof!
Of course she got some FF just for being so precocious. :-D

That was one smart kitty :-) I would definitely also have had to give
her some of what she worked so hard to get!

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old August 10th 14, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 09 Aug 2014 20:01:11 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
When I walked into the kitchen I burst out laughing! You little goof!
Of course she got some FF just for being so precocious. :-D

Hoomins are so dumb compared to kitties. They can only manage to find the
gooshy food can one day out of seven!

Old August 10th 14, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/10/2014 8:22 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sat, 09 Aug 2014 20:01:11 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
When I walked into the kitchen I burst out laughing! You little goof!
Of course she got some FF just for being so precocious. :-D

Hoomins are so dumb compared to kitties. They can only manage to find the
gooshy food can one day out of seven!

We certainly are stupid. She knew where it was all the time!

Jill
Old August 11th 14, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/10/2014 10:17 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Persia was a very clever cat, to not only knock the right can off the
shelf but to put it where you wouldn't miss seeing it.

Clever girl.

Judith

It proved to me her sense of smell was pretty darn good. I'm sure she
wasn't reading the labels on the cans. At least, I don't *think* she
was... hmmmmm.

Jill
Old August 12th 14, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

It's good that they don't have opposable thumbs.
Old August 12th 14, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Isn't it, though? Still, if she'd been able to open it herself it would
have deprived me of the laughter.

Jill
Old August 13th 14, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

I don't know, I'd be laughing awfully hard. And then let's see her
pick a lock.