It's okay, go back to sleep

Old August 17th 14, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default It's okay, go back to sleep

I was taking a nap. I was resting my right hand on Apache, and my left
hand on Little Boy. All three of us snoozing away.

Suddenly, the thunder storms let out several big booms in a row, and
something that sounded like a huge celestial growl. Both cats jerked
awake, and looked ready to panic.

I reassured them with, "It's okay. It's outside.", and we all settled
back down to sleep.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old August 17th 14, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 8/16/2014 5:05 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:

I was taking a nap. I was resting my right hand on Apache, and my left
hand on Little Boy. All three of us snoozing away.

Suddenly, the thunder storms let out several big booms in a row, and
something that sounded like a huge celestial growl. Both cats jerked
awake, and looked ready to panic.

I reassured them with, "It's okay. It's outside.", and we all settled
back down to sleep.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

;-)

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old August 17th 14, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/16/2014 8:05 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:

I was taking a nap. I was resting my right hand on Apache, and my left
hand on Little Boy. All three of us snoozing away.

Suddenly, the thunder storms let out several big booms in a row, and
something that sounded like a huge celestial growl. Both cats jerked
awake, and looked ready to panic.

I reassured them with, "It's okay. It's outside.", and we all settled
back down to sleep.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Yep. There are frequent thunderstorms where I live. I used to have to
tell Persia all the time, "It's okay, it's just noisy weather."

Sleep well!

Jill
Old August 17th 14, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 8/16/2014 8:05 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:

I was taking a nap. I was resting my right hand on Apache, and my left
hand on Little Boy. All three of us snoozing away.

Suddenly, the thunder storms let out several big booms in a row, and
something that sounded like a huge celestial growl. Both cats jerked
awake, and looked ready to panic.

I reassured them with, "It's okay. It's outside.", and we all settled
back down to sleep.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Yep. There are frequent thunderstorms where I live. I used to have to
tell Persia all the time, "It's okay, it's just noisy weather."

Sleep well!

Jill

Our Agatha is very frightened by thunder and lightning. As soon as she hears
rain outside, she starts whining and looking worried. With the first hint of
thunder, she jumps to the floor and literally starts crawling on her tummy
towards a place of refuge, squeaking pitifully. She does not want to be held
or comforted, she just wants shelter. A dark corner in a closet or under a
desk will do. Once the storm passes, she's back to her old normal quiet
self.

Jay

Old August 17th 14, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/17/2014 2:10 PM, JJ wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Awww, that's sad. Persia got a little nervous, but usually she just
quieted down when I reassured her. Poor Agatha. I hope you don't get
many storms!

Jill