Persia: Memories the Day After...

Old August 9th 14, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia: Memories the Day After...

Fond memories. I'll never forget how this lovely little grey cat

http://i57.tinypic.com/qnwiyo.jpg

showed up at my back door in Cordova, TN. It was January 6, 2001.
Going on dusk and slated to one of the coldest nights on record. She
meowed and meowed, demanding to be let inside.

I'd never had a cat before. I'll admit it, I tried to shoo her away.
But it was supposed to get down to 23F that night and she wasn't
budging. So I went to the drugstore down the street, grabbed a bag of
cat food, a litter box and litter. I told myself if she was still there
when I got home I'd let her in. She was, so I did.

She marched in like she owned the place. Checked out every room and
declared it to be just fine with her. I went to bed that night
thinking, "There's a cat in my house." Sure there was... she jumped up
on the bed next to me and purred.

I tried but failed to find out where she came from. The apartment
manager said someone likely moved out and just left her. grrrrrr

After a few days or maybe a week I thought well heck, I can't just keep
calling you "cat". I was walking toward the kitchen when the name
Persia popped into my head. I said it out loud, Persia! She meowed, I
turned around and she came running to me. Oh! So that's your name! :-D

I took her to the vet who gave her a clean bill of health (the first
thing he did was scan for a chip, nope). So, I had a cat. Named Persia.

And what a sweet, funny and fun, loving little girl she was. I have so
many sweet memories of her. I hope you won't mind my reminiscing in a
few more anecdotal posts.

Jill
Old August 9th 14, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Fond memories. I'll never forget how this lovely little grey cat

http://i57.tinypic.com/qnwiyo.jpg

showed up at my back door in Cordova, TN. It was January 6, 2001.
Going on dusk and slated to one of the coldest nights on record. She
meowed and meowed, demanding to be let inside.

Jill

~~~~~~~
This is lovely. Keep the reminisces coming.

MaryL
Old August 9th 14, 03:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Persia's such a sweet little cat. I'm so sorry to see her go, and I can
only imagine that the loss is very hard.

I know it's difficult losing an only heart-cat, and coming home where it
suddenly feels so quiet and empty.

The homecoming memory is very sweet. I have happy memories of all of my
homecomings, although only one was that joyous - Dot and Buster hid, and
Spicey hissed. Betty was the only one who was that confident.
Old August 9th 14, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JJ[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Looks like she adopted you at the same time you adopted her :-). These
memories are lovely, and it's very kind of you to share them. Please do
keep them coming.

Jay

Old August 9th 14, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

I'm so sorry about hearin about Persia. It was so sudden. When Amber left me I knew about two weeks ahead that she would be be leaving so I was prepared but it was still a sad experience. Don'f wait - check the shelters for another cat. Persia would want you to give another cat a home.
Old August 10th 14, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/9/2014 2:57 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
I'm so sorry about hearin about Persia. It was so sudden.
When Amber left me I knew about two weeks ahead that she would
be be leaving so I was prepared but it was still a sad experience.

Don'f wait - check the shelters for another cat. Persia would want
you to give another cat a home.

It wasn't actually sudden. She was diagnosed with early stage renal
failure 2 years ago. So I knew it was coming. I just hoped against
hope, you know?

Sorry, but I'm not the type to go right out and adopt another cat. I
need some time to process this. But thank you for your condolences.

Jill
Old August 16th 14, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Lovely story. I bet you're glad you kept her!
I didn't want to keep Boyfriend when he arrived either. I decided when I
eventually got him inside, he'd be off to the the cat's home. I'm so happy
that I kept him.
I think lost cats choose you for a reason. Persia brought you lots of
happiness and companionship. Boyfie does the same for me.
I don't mind a bit reading anecdotes about Persia, I enjoy them
(r.p.c.anecdotes is the name of the group?)

Old August 16th 14, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack G.

On Saturday, August 9, 2014 5:03:15 AM UTC-7, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

We love your reminiscing and it brings back wonderful memories of the cats we loved and lost. You have your memories of her and photos and just take one day at a time. Please feel free to shore more memories of that wonderful cat.

Jack G.
Oak Harbor,Wa.

Nice Memories Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_] Cat community 3 January 20th 09 03:37 AM
Question About Cat Memories? Curse Of Millhaven Cat health & behaviour 3 July 2nd 07 04:13 PM
Memories Kathryn Cat anecdotes 10 January 17th 07 07:36 PM
Christmas memories Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 December 30th 04 04:29 AM