Memories: Persia and the Dryer

Old August 11th 14, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Memories: Persia and the Dryer

No, she didn't get into the dryer. (whew)

In my apartment in Tennessee the clothes washer and clothes dryer were
enclosed in a hallway behind dual metal bi-fold doors. Persia, being
nosy as can be, decided anything behind closed doors must be interesting.

One day she managed to open the doors. I guess she jumped up on the
dryer, then decided to jump down between the dryer and the wall. Maybe
there was some dryer lint that looked like a mouse or something to play
with. I don't know. But Ooops! There was no room for her to gain any
momentum to jump back up. She was a stuck kitty!

I discovered when a cat is stuck in a space like that I have superhuman
strength. (Could just be I was younger LOL) I managed to move the dryer
so she could get out.

After that, I secured the knobs on the doors shut with big rubber bands
so she couldn't get them open again.

She always was a fun cat.

Jill
Old August 12th 14, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/11/2014 12:28 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

She was obeying the feline law of curiosity.

"If it looks interesting then it has to be checked out regardless of
safety."

I wonder what thoughts went through her mind when she realised she was
stuck. I think "Woops" wouldn't quite cover it.

Judith

More like "UH OH! What did I get myself into?"

Jill

Persia: Memories the Day After... jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 August 16th 14 11:28 PM
Memories: Persia and the Fancy Feast jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 9 August 13th 14 07:27 PM
Memories: Persia and the Butterscotch Candy jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 August 11th 14 08:57 PM
Memories Kathryn Cat anecdotes 10 January 17th 07 07:36 PM
Christmas memories Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 4 December 30th 04 04:29 AM