Boyfie's bad fight

Old July 17th 15, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie's bad fight

He has completely recovered now but it's affected his confidence. He still
goes out several times a day, but soon comes home and goes to his bedroom to
sleep where he knows he is completely safe. I've always wanted his bedroom
to be a safe place, even from me. I rarely go in there if I know he is, and
I only dust and hoover in there if he is out.
I do occasionally peep in there to make sure he is in at night though as
sometimes he slips back in without me noticing. I switch the light on
briefly and if I see him, I switch it off again.
So he feels unable to meatloaf on his beloved freezer in the conservatory,
he likes to do this in the summer.

On the one hand, I am glad that he has maybe realised now that he is like
one of those old cowboy gunfighters in the old Westerns who think they can
still do it and unlike them, he took note of it before he got killed by the
younger guys. I'm kind of relieved that he's decided for himself to keep
safe.
On the other hand, I'm annoyed about it. He should be able to do what he
wants in his own home & garden. Yes, cat's boundaries are not our own but
anycat with decent manners knows that to approach anothercat's door to his
house is asking for trouble.
Maybe this longhaired black cat is lost and looking to move in? I don't
think so, he looks fine. It's been going on for a while, so I'd have
expected some deterioration in his condition if this was the case.
He's just a young bully. He probably needs neutering and if he goes after my
boy again, I am the right person to make sure that happens.
He'll only be missing for a day ;-)

Tweed

Old July 18th 15, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

I think that he was suddenly pressed into this role by KFC's passing.

At some level, I'm sure it would be a relief if he can retire quickly from
fighting. I hope that you find some kind of solution with the young black
boy!
Old July 18th 15, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I think that he was suddenly pressed into this role by KFC's passing.

I think so too.

At some level, I'm sure it would be a relief if he can retire quickly from
fighting.

Yes, absolutely. I think he might have come to this conclusion himself
after the latest episode. I hope so.

I hope that you find some kind of solution with the young black
boy!

Haven't seen him since. Boyfie sez "you think I was injured, you should have
seen the other chap!"
Let's hope he got an equal beating and is now too afraid to come back.
Otherwise it's difficult to know what to do, as I don't know where he lives.
If I did, I could approach his owners with "you let your cat out at x time
and I'll keep mine in" and vice versa. I've heard of that being done here
in bullying cases but that's not possible as I have no clue where he comes
from. He's a beautiful looking cat, such lovely long black well-cared for
fur, such wonderful golden eyes.
But he has far too high an opinion of himself. I actually had to pretend to
throw a stone at him to make him go away last time there was a fight near
the back door. He had no intention of being frightened off, even when I came
out to protect Boyfie, he went away a few yards and turned to face me,
defiantly. Like "you think you scare me, I don't think so and I'm going
nowhere." so I lifted my arm and pretended to throw a stone at him. That
did the trick. I didn't have a stone (and would never have thrown one at
him) but that did scare him and he ran off. I guess he's experienced that
before, then.

The side effect of Boyfie staying in safely is that the pooing in the bath
has recommenced :-(

Tweed

Old July 21st 15, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
The side effect of Boyfie staying in safely is that the pooing in the

bath has recommenced :-(

Tweed

Maybe Boyfie will settle on a compromise and realise he can't keep pooing
in the bath but not to be out as much in danger of fights.

I'd like to find out what the compromise is. He will not allow this cat to
come near his house, simple as. I don't know what to do about it, and it's
stressing him out, he's losing weight and bath pooing about it.
But he will never give in..
Even though he stays in a lot now, he goes out saying "where is that black
cat, if I see him he is well dead"
This isn't over.

Marvin the cat from next door has occasionally come in through our patio
door and the front door but luckily not when Sootie has been around. She
does pick up on his scent but as we shoo him out very quickly there's not
much of that. I dread to think what would happen if he came in and she saw
him. Actually I don't think he would do that, he's not that saft (as they
say around here).

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Old July 22nd 15, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

Haven't seen him since. Boyfie sez "you think I was injured, you should have
seen the other chap!"
Let's hope he got an equal beating and is now too afraid to come back.
Otherwise it's difficult to know what to do, as I don't know where he lives.
If I did, I could approach his owners with "you let your cat out at x time
and I'll keep mine in" and vice versa. I've heard of that being done here
in bullying cases but that's not possible as I have no clue where he comes
from. He's a beautiful looking cat, such lovely long black well-cared for
fur, such wonderful golden eyes.

Does he let you approach him (when you're not trying to scare him)? If he
has a collar, maybe you could put a note on him, or put a collar on him with
a note, if he doesn't have one already. Then you could explain the situation
and give your address or phone number so they could contact you. Since he
looks well-cared for, it's quite possible they are reasonable people who
care about cat welfare.

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old July 22nd 15, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 7/21/2015 6:40 PM, Bastette wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Also, could you post messages around the neighborhood (similar to when
we try to find a lost cat)? That might be one way to make contact and
explain the situation.

MaryL

Old July 22nd 15, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I only see him where there is a fight and I scare him off so he's not up to
being reasonable at that time.
If I saw him mosying through before Boyfie clocked him, I would go for your
idea. I've pretended to throw a stone at him to scare him off, so it's
unlikely he'll let me come near him ever again.
The best I can hope for is that Boyfie gave as good as he got.
Tweed

Old July 22nd 15, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

What a good idea, I never though of that. I might do it. Print out "if you
have a longhaired black cat please contact this phone number" and attach it
to lamp posts near here.
I hope when/if there is a response they will take it kindly, but I don't
think they will. Challenging people about their animals behaviour is really
difficult. They are immediately defensive and want to blame you for
complaining. It's always your fault.
Anyway, maybe this cat got an equal beating as I haven't seen him since.
It took Boyfie a few days to recover physically. Mentally he hasn't.

Old July 28th 15, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

No chance to approach him unfortunately. I am sure he is owned somewhere
nearby but he very well knows he is a norty boy. he's defiant, he turned to
face me - I had to pretend to throw a stone at him to get him away. Of
course I would never do that really but he seemed to know what it meant.
Anyway, after the big fight, I haven't seen him again.
He did keep coming before that, and doing some bullying, but Boyfie ignored
it for ages. But there is only enough he can take.So he went out and said
"bring it on, you nasty boy" so the nasty boy did.

There is no posturing and pretending to fight in the hope that that will be
enough. Boyfie doesn't want anycat near his house and meowmie and he fights
like a devil about it.
He never used to fight when KFC was here.

I tell him not to fight.don't be ridiculous, you are 13. He says "so what?"