Morning after pill

Old May 20th 05, 12:21 PM
Ashley

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
news
Be an idealist, but be realistic about reaching the ideals.

Mindless sex is not one of my ideals. And those who have no drive don't miss
it.

Old May 20th 05, 12:43 PM
bigbadbarry

"Ashley" wrote in message

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
It's the lesser of two evils.

Anthropomorphising again.

am not

Old May 20th 05, 12:59 PM
bigbadbarry

"Ashley" wrote in message

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
It's the lesser of two evils.

Anthropomorphising again.

ok, so I am anthropomorphising

Now that we're in agreement on that, why do you say we should not spay or
neuter pets.
In light of the conseqeunces...

are you standing up for their pleasures? now who is anthropomorphiser?

it's ok lollipop there's a little bit of hypocrite in all of us.

Old May 20th 05, 01:13 PM
bigbadbarry

"Ashley" wrote in message

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
news
Be an idealist, but be realistic about reaching the ideals.

Mindless sex is not one of my ideals. And those who have no drive don't

miss
it.

I stand corrected, I thought you was anti-neutererererer

but then, you misread my meaning, closed the door and left me blinded by the
light
whipped out big ass word and kicked my butt. haaaaaaa!

but...that's my fualt too...i did say, getting groove on.

here's what i posted above.

"FTR

I'm not against surgery to prevent over population.

I could care less if two cats get it on...what do I care.

I said "get groove on"...because that is reality ladies...

CATS HUMP wether we like or not. It's a fact. That's all.

I am not pro cat pleasure pro se."

oh well..still no solution does my mind find.

Old May 20th 05, 03:31 PM
Phil P.

"KellyH" wrote in message
wrote
Isn't there a birth control pill specifically for cats who are not
healthy enough to spay? It seems like I recall an English poster
(Patch? or Jeanette?) who had a cat on Ovarid, or something like that.
Of course, it's NOT for the general feline population, and not
prescribed for any kind of groove-getting.

Ovarid-Ovaban- same stuff- megestrol acetate. It only suppresses or
postpones estrus in queens- doesn't sterilize them. Very nasty adverse
effects (profound adrenocortical suppression, diabetes, endometritis, CEH,
mammary hypertrophy and neoplasias, to name a few).

A few other chemicals have been tried but none produced permanent sterility
without serious adverse effects.

There's an experimental recombinant GnRH vaccine still in the testing stages
that seems to show some promise- but its still to early to say or even guess
how effective it would be in controlling the general feline population. Its
supposed to work in any mammal but might require more than one injection to
achieve sterility. I think they achieved 12 weeks in dogs and about 20
months in cats.

For an immunocontraception agent to be practical for the general feline
population, it must produce permanent sterility after a single dose and also
eliminate the deleterious effects of gonadotropin hormones without producing
serious adverse effects. Quite a trick.

I don't know. I just didn't want to get into that whole stupid argument
again about not spay/neutering so cats can still have sex and bring that
nutjob back on here.

Oh yeah, I remember her. Believe it or not, I actually felt a little sorry
for her. She really cared about cats but just didn't understand their
physiology and didn't want to hear how dangerous her 'alternatives' to
neutering actually are. Sometimes, cat lovers are more dangerous to cats
than cat haters!

Phil

Old May 20th 05, 05:28 PM
Mary

"Ashley" wrote in message

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
It's the lesser of two evils.

Anthropomorphising again.

You have, like, three songs. Next you will talk about how
cats should be outside and about how there is no cat abuse in NZ. Let's hear
Assley's greatest hits!

Old May 20th 05, 06:01 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-05-20, bigbadbarry penned:
I wonder if there are alternatives to neuturing, like birth control
for the females cats. Then the males could get thier groove on
without us having to worry about the population.

This could work for a pet, I realize a homeless cat would miss too
many pills.

I don't get the reasoning here. Why would giving cats pills be better
than the surgery?

Human birth control pills need to be taken at the same time every day to
be effective. Stats seem to show that people have a hard enough time
doing this, and they at least don't fight, spit out pills, etc.

The morning after pill, as I understand it, is a massive dose of
hormone. It causes vomiting, among other things. And you have to
take it within a very tight timeframe (hence the name), so you'd
somehow have to know your female cat has had sex recently.

There's a three-month injection called Depo, but it has more side
effects than the daily pill.

Soooo ... whether you're joking or not, this just seems like a bad
idea all around.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 20th 05, 07:26 PM

"bigbadbarry" wrote:

wrote:
"bigbadbarry" wrote:

I wonder if there are alternatives to neuturing, like birth control

for
the females cats. Then the males could get thier groove on without

us
having to worry about the population.

This could work for a pet, I realize a homeless cat would miss too

many
pills.

An intact male would probably do a lot of spraying in the house plus
there are health downsides for intact males.

-mhd

pill is for female

Then how are they going to "get thier sic groove on"?

-mhd
Old May 20th 05, 08:10 PM
bigbadbarry

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Soooo ... whether you're joking or not, this just seems like a bad
idea all around.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Well, it's my fault for dropping the soap.

wuh? who? put some windex on it!

aaahhh

To tell the truth, when I made the post, I was day dreaming about a pill,
that would perform the sugery chemically. Instant sterility! painless, and
permanent.

But as we all know! The world is flat.