Ugh! (GW)

Old June 3rd 04, 07:28 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Doesn't it make you proud though? After all, it's not every cat
that can or wants to bring down a rabbit. My wife's cat, whom I have
mentioned here, Puss Puss, is the only one I've met personally who did
this.

Now you know two others. Marble - as per this morning's offering and also
Waffles, who has cleared a six-foot fence with a rabbit clamped between her
jaws, as witnessed by my then neighbour, who knocked on my door to say "If I
hadn't off seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it.."

Perhaps this was his way of inviting you to breakfast. It's a
good thing you got there when you did, or it should have been all
gone.

I'll take your word for it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old June 3rd 04, 07:34 PM
Duke of URL

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

Nope, not letting these kitties out. If I was undecided before (they
wouldn't survive 12 minutes out there with the foxes and hawks and

coyotes -

Thankfully in the UK, foxes aren't bothered about cats, hawks aren't and

we
don't have coyotes :-)

But you DO have many, many foxes. Ever seen a fox kill a pupdog or cat? I
did when I lived in Scotland. Not sure about badgers and such - are they
agressive?
--
The One-and-only Holy Mosesâ„¢

Old June 3rd 04, 08:08 PM
TBird

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Nope, not letting these kitties out. If I was undecided before (they
wouldn't survive 12 minutes out there with the foxes and hawks and

coyotes -

Thankfully in the UK, foxes aren't bothered about cats, hawks aren't and

we
don't have coyotes :-)

Cheers, helen s

I've had outdoor cats who could handle it. Franny was a huntress supreme,
and had lots of savvy. Nothing was going to catch her, and she was in
charge.

Sweetie and Joe, not so much. They just don't have the entire savvy thing
going on, not a clue as to how to catch and kill a mouse, and I can easily
see Sweetie standing out in the open to get a better look at a hawk as it
swoops down to grab her and carry her off.

I was going to let Joe be a barn cat...but yeesh! I'm not actually
convinced anymore that he IS a cat. More like a sloth/labrador mix that
purrs. I don't believe he's smart enough to run from a coyote, and he's
certainly not capable of getting to high ground, poor fuzzy thing.

So inside cats they are, and shall stay. Silly pampered things.

TBird --- :-)