Purrs for Mom, Please

Old January 24th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for Mom, Please

PURRS PURRS PURRS PURRS PURRS
[...]

This should cover them for today at least plenty more were that came from.
I will include her, you and your family in our prayers

Old January 24th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs and prayers that your Mom starts feeling better soon.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"CatNipped" wrote in message
My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of Katrina.
Sometimes it's comical - like when she tries to talk on her cell phone and
disconnects 5 times during our conversation by accidentally hitting the
"off" button (they still don't have land line phone service in Chalmette).

But mostly it's just sad. She feels lost and disconnected. All her
friends are scattered and at their age it's not easy to drive to one
another's residence for a visit (they used to gather in the meeting area
of her assisted-living apartment every evening).

She drove down to my daughter's house today and made the mistake of
turning down Colonial Drive. It used to be a showcase of beautiful home,
but now it's one of the most devastated parts of Chalmette, where whole
houses were moved into neighbors' yards - foundations and all!

She called me up this morning crying, saying, "You just can't imagine what
it looks like - all the pictures and television coverage just can't convey
the devastation, it's looks like the aftermath of a nuclear war!"

Even the looting of her assisted-living apartment didn't get her as down
as she sounds today (she lived on the third floor, so was spared the
flooding - but some @$$hole looter tore up her apartment, even ripping
into her mattress looking for stashed cash and jewelry).

Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 24th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of Katrina.

snip
She called me up this morning crying, saying, "You just can't imagine what
it looks like - all the pictures and television coverage just can't convey
the devastation, it's looks like the aftermath of a nuclear war!"

Even the looting of her assisted-living apartment didn't get her as down as
she sounds today (she lived on the third floor, so was spared the flooding -
but some @$$hole looter tore up her apartment, even ripping into her
mattress looking for stashed cash and jewelry).

Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Lots and lots of purrs, hugs and best wishes for your mom,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 24th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue 24 Jan 2006 11:54:29a, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Coping purrs heading south for your mom. And smelly litterbox
offerings for the looter that trashed her apartment. Preying on those
who've lost so much already is just the most pathetic thing.

--
Cheryl
Old January 24th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Snipped from:
Group: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Tue, Jan 24, 2006, 10:54am (EST-1) From:

(CatNipped)

My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of

Katrina. Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly
appreciated.

I so understand the problems your mother is having. Hurricane Charley
ruined our house(me and my elderly parents) in 2004. Everything you are
used to is gone. You don't know what is going to happen next. You need
help but you don't know where to go to find it. Nothing looks the same,
finding your way around is difficult as landmarks are gone. Its very
stressful and confusing. I can so relate to the cell phone thing, my mom
never could figure it out completely, my father not at all. The elderly
seem to be affected the most, my town is considered a retirement
community and is very highly populated with the elderly and the mobile
home parks were just davestated. We were spared the looting in our
neighborhood but my brother sat outside his home with his shotgun many a
night. Any chance of getting her out of there for a vacation from the
distruction all around her, maybe a week or two visit with a relative
outside the area? I felt refreshed when I visited neighboring towns(even
just for the day to pick up supplies) that weren't affected by the
storm. Hope things settle down for her. peace, p

Old January 24th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Date: Tue, Jan 24, 2006, 10:54am (EST-1) From:

(CatNipped)

[...]

You were Crackles (RB) mom, right? I remember reading about your problems
getting a FEMA trailer after Charley. My daughter just got one (of the two
she was supposed to get) a week ago (almost 5 months after Katrina!), but
they still haven't come to connect it yet so they can't move in. My mom got
hers and has it set up on my brother's business along with his and his
daughters' - but every single on of them leaks!

I keep trying to get my mom to come stay with us here in Houston a while -
I've even offered to drive down there and pick her up and then drive her
back when she's ready. But she keeps refusing - she just wants to be "home"
again. I'm afraid she'll never again have the home she knew.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters at:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old January 25th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Anyway... Coping purrs for my mom would be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 25th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote:

But mostly it's just sad. She feels lost and disconnected. All her friends
are scattered and at their age it's not easy to drive to one another's
residence for a visit (they used to gather in the meeting area of her
assisted-living apartment every evening).

We'll be happy to send your mom coping and adapting purrs.

It's such a sad and difficult situation for all the people who
have been suddenly thrown into limbo, with no hope of ever going
home again, because no matter how they rebuild, it can never
look or feel the same. It's especially heart-breaking for the
older folks who have a harder time adapting to change and
displacement. Even if we could get our act together and give
people the help they need to rebuild, we could still never take
away that sense of loss and dysphoria.

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi
Old January 25th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
My mom is having a lot of trouble coping with the aftermath of Katrina.
Sometimes it's comical - like when she tries to talk on her cell phone and
disconnects 5 times during our conversation by accidentally hitting the
"off" button (they still don't have land line phone service in Chalmette).

Purrs for your mom. I think it's harder on the older folks. The older
we get, the more we like things to stay the same, to stay constant I
think.

Sherry

Old January 25th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Copious coping purrs on the way for your Mom (and her (of course)
worried daughter).

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM