Expectations about weight OT

Old May 16th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Rude Comments about Weight OT

On Sat, 13 May 2006 04:59:07 -0600, dnr wrote:

I've always spoken both Swedish and Finnish, Swedish at home and Finnish
outside with friends. I attended the German school all the way from
kindergarden to graduation. There the first language was German, which was
used in all other non-lingual classes too. The first "foreign" language
for me was Swedish (grade 1 or 2), second Finnish (grade 3), third English
(grade 6) which I already knew a lot of from TV. The last language at that
school for me was French, grades 10-12 = graduation. I didn't mind the
Finnish classes, the teacher was an old eccentric bat of a lady and we
concentrated mostly on grammar, which for Finnish is fairly complex. All
of us in that class were in the same situation, already being fluent in
Finnish but speaking Swedish at home. The ones with Finnish as home
language, had the same as us in reverse. We had more weekly lessons of the
mother tongue language than the "second country language". Kids with
Finnish as their home language were *not* fluent in Swedish like we were
in Finnish... When graduating we had to choose a minimum of four, maximum
of six subjects for the final exams. Naturally I chose five languages and
the short course of maths.
Christine in Vantaa, Finland

Way off thread topic, but.....tonight I opened and cut a little wedge of
Finlandia Baby Bell (blandish soft cheese) and thought of you girls. I
can't help it, munching it w/my ham sandwich on light rye in front of
tv I think of you, so far away in Finland....and thought you're probably
snoozing, surrounded by cats, or maybe getting up in early am, as I
watch sitcoms at 11pm mountain time.....hope it's getting warmer
there as it is here.

I can't remember the last time I saw a loaf of rye bread in the grocery
store....or pumpernickle. MLB

Old May 16th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 16 May 2006 00:14:09 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

On Sat, 13 May 2006 04:59:07 -0600, dnr wrote:

Way off thread topic, but.....tonight I opened and cut a little wedge of
Finlandia Baby Bell (blandish soft cheese) and thought of you girls. I
can't help it, munching it w/my ham sandwich on light rye in front of
tv I think of you, so far away in Finland....and thought you're probably
snoozing, surrounded by cats, or maybe getting up in early am, as I
watch sitcoms at 11pm mountain time.....hope it's getting warmer
there as it is here.

I can't remember the last time I saw a loaf of rye bread in the grocery
store....or pumpernickle. MLB

Rye bread and pumpernickel bread (a particular variety of rye bread)
are both commonplace in the Nashville, Tennessee, USA grocery stores.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old May 16th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:

I can't remember the last time I saw a loaf of rye bread in the
grocery store....or pumpernickle. MLB

Really? I buy it all the time.

Joyce
Old May 16th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

They have several different varieties and brands of rye in every grocery
store of any size I've ever been in in Maryland, Virginia, Alaska California
and Florida.

There is a bakery in the Pentagon (or at least there used to be) that bakes
a different type of rye bread each day of the week.

Jo

Old May 16th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I ususally buy store baked pumpernickle bread They are cheaper than brand
names bread,
and maybe fresher. I only buy bread that is baked on that day.
A few times they ran out.

Winnie

On 2006-05-16, Jo Firey penned:

They have several different varieties and brands of rye in every
grocery store of any size I've ever been in in Maryland, Virginia,
Alaska California and Florida.

Same here in Colorado.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 16th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

hysterical laughter Sleep until 9 or 10??? The cats here make sure the
hoomin is up every morning by 5 at the latest, no matter if it's a
weekday or the weekend. This morning, it was Caliban's turn to wake me
(they have a roster somewhere, I'm sure of it). He started scratching

I have the BEST little angel kitty on the planet!!! On weekdays when
I work, Rita is ready for food and lets me know, loud and clear,
all the time I'm showering and dressing.

But, on weekends when I sleep in until (horrors!) sometimes as late
as 7am, I wake up to silence, and stumble to the kitchen and put
down her food while she's sleeping peacefully in front of the
living room window, waiting patiently for me to get up and
feed her. *sigh* I love my angel.
Of course, she can always munch on the dry food that's there, which
she does, until I wake up to get her canned food down.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita