Sam Update and Photos 10-21

Old October 23rd 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Sam Update and Photos 10-21

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
I was surprised to see that Sam is a long-haired tabby, for some reason I
had imagined him as a black shorthair!
My two send purrs that he will feel back to his old self very soon.

You're always imagining cats to be a particular color or pattern.

Yes, I know! They pop into my head like that!

I actually thought Sam was more of a medium haired flamepoint.

You didn't do better than me, then.. smile

Tweed

Old October 23rd 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Julie and Sam wrote:
Sam is continuing to recover nicely. As several of you mentioned, he was

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=...&.src=ph#page1

or

http://tinyurl.com/yk5vkj

Again, thanks for everyone's purrs and concerns.

Julie and Sam

I"m so glad to see that Sam is doing so well. He's a very lucky kitty
to be owner of such a concerned slave. Give him a scritch for me.

Jane

Old October 23rd 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-10-22 14:55:52 -0500, "Julie and Sam" said:

Sam is continuing to recover nicely. As several of you mentioned, he
was more subdued yesterday and today although he has moments of zoomies
when he'll play with a mousie or run through the house. For the most
part, though he would rather sleep in a lap or on the electric blanket
on the bed. I gave up on the idea of the pet steps since he wasn't
using them and returned them Saturday. At the same time I found a
t-shirt made for a small dog that I bought. The only shirt I could
find that didn't say "Dogs Rule" was one that says "Proud to be an
American" with an American flag. I have included a couple of pictures
of that at the link below as well as some of his incision site. Sam
didn't object to the shirt but his leg kept coming out of the arm hole
and he'd get caught. We finally decided to take it off of him. We
didn't want him hurting himself worse than he is already hurt.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=...&.src=ph#page1

or

http://tinyurl.com/yk5vkj

Randy, Sam got his get well card from you and Dennis and the crew. He
looked at it, sniffed it and tried to eat it. We appreciated it.
Speaking of eating, Sam is eating well, drinking and using the
litterbox, so I think he's doing well at this stage of the game.

Again, thanks for everyone's purrs and concerns.

Julie and Sam

Wow. That incision is HUGE! I'm so glad he is still acting well. I
wonder if this will help with his breathing trouble. It might have been
making things worse? You could get a baby t-shirt. I think those work
better for cats.

Old October 23rd 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Julie and Sam wrote:
Sam is continuing to recover nicely. As several of you mentioned, he was
more subdued yesterday and today although he has moments of zoomies when
he'll play with a mousie or run through the house. For the most part,
though he would rather sleep in a lap or on the electric blanket on the bed.

Awww, poor sweetheart! That incision does look like it must hurt. The
tee is very cute on him. Too bad it was bothering him. Many purrs on the
way for the patient patient. (is that the new Yahoo interface? ugh!)

Old October 23rd 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

Awww, poor sweetheart! That incision does look like it must hurt. The tee
is very cute on him. Too bad it was bothering him. Many purrs on the way
for the patient patient. (is that the new Yahoo interface? ugh!)

I had bought two tee-shirts, one a medium and one small. I was afraid the
small would be too small so I put the medium on Sam. Today I put the small
on him and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. The neckline is still large
enough for him to breathe but the arms aren't as long and big. He's been
wearing it for several hours now and hasn't managed to get out of it. He is
cute in his t-shirt I have to admit.

The pictures I have of him vary greatly which might be why everyone thought
he was a little different, although there aren't any pictures that would
show a short haired black cat. Barnabus is our black cat but he's
medium/long haired. When I first brought Sam in and the early pictures
showed a very oriental looking cat with short, sable hair and blue eyes.
After living inside for several months his fur begain to grown longer and he
took on the look of a Maine Coon without the weight. I can see Tak
mistaking him for a medium-haired flamepoint in some of he pictures (white
balance being what it is).

Julie

Old October 23rd 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:27:35 +0300, Marina
wrote:

Julie and Sam wrote:
Sam is continuing to recover nicely. As several of you mentioned, he was
more subdued yesterday and today although he has moments of zoomies when
he'll play with a mousie or run through the house. For the most part,
though he would rather sleep in a lap or on the electric blanket on the bed.

Awww, poor sweetheart! That incision does look like it must hurt. The
tee is very cute on him. Too bad it was bothering him. Many purrs on the
way for the patient patient. (is that the new Yahoo interface? ugh!)

That's a really big incision. It looks like it goes at least halfway
around Sam's torso.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old October 23rd 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"Takayuki" wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote:

I was surprised to see that Sam is a long-haired tabby, for some
reason I had imagined him as a black shorthair!

You're always imagining cats to be a particular color or pattern.

Yes, I know! They pop into my head like that!

Well, I'm even worse, because I do that with people. I will get an
image in my head of what someone looks like, based on my associations
with that person's name. It's often unconcious, and I'm not fully
aware that I even have an image for them because it's in the back of
my mind. Then I see a photo or I meet them, and it's *always* wrong!

I actually thought Sam was more of a medium haired flamepoint.

You didn't do better than me, then.. smile

That's what I was thinking.

Joyce
Old October 23rd 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Awww, poor sweetheart! That incision does look like it must hurt. The
tee is very cute on him. Too bad it was bothering him. Many purrs on the
way for the patient patient. (is that the new Yahoo interface? ugh!)

It's better than the new Webshots interface. I hate how long Webshots
takes to load, on every single page! (On the other hand, this Yahoo thing
is weird. What was wrong with clicking on a thumbnail to see the larger
picture?? Now you have to drag the ones you want to see to a "tray"?
Sheesh. It wasn't broke...)

Sam does look very cute. I'm glad he's continuing to do so well!

Joyce
Old October 23rd 06, 11:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Matthew wrote:
ONE GIANT HAPPY DANCE WITH A JIG OF JOY TO BOOT

Salutes to the patriotic kitty

Please don't shout Matthew, I've got a headache. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.