My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) andprobably boring

Old February 5th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) and probably boring

he is to this day a bit deranged about it... its one of the reasons he says
I am a witch by nature, Lee
Granby wrote in message
Yes but, well never mind. The problem would be if that small an age
difference went the other way. Meaning you were the older.
"Lesley" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 11:19 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
on my 21 st birthday my grandmother sent me a quilt, when DH came home

he
was admiring it... he read the card and almost had a seizure... he was

27
at
the time... he thought I was his age.... had been living with him for a
while...

WHOOPS!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 5th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

point well taken, Lee
Granby wrote in message
Honeychild, if he hasn't had a stroke being around you all these years,

you
need not worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Stormmee" wrote in message
I figure it this way... I really think I will be able to spot a stroke or
heart attack if he has one, Lee

Old February 5th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Feb 5, 7:36 am, tanadashoes wrote:
So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? Maybe one
of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? There
I worked cats into here finally.

Well, I started drinking way before I turned 21 (the legal age in
Mexico is 18, but kids start much sooner). The first time I got a bit
tipsy was a x-mas eve when I was 10 or so. My little sister and I were
allowed to have one glass of hard cider to toast. After dinner, when
everybody was dancing, we sneaked back into the dining room and drank
a half a bottle of the stuff.
The first time I remember getting somewhat drunk, I was at home by
myself and I wanted to see what the hoopla was about, in the safety of
my own house. I went to the liquor cabinet and poured a bit from each
of my dad's bottles into a glass. I forced myself to drink it all, man
that was awful (vodka, rum, tequila, brandy and who knows what else...
with no mixer!). I must have been 13 or so. I remember walking back to
my room and almost crashing on a wall, I thought it was hilarious!

Cheers.

Victor

Old February 5th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

My 21st was hardly noticeable, my parents had said I could have a
party at home BUT no more than 8 guests including me, had to be over
by 11.30 at the very latest and they were staying! So I persuaded them
to take me out instead and we went to one of those ghastly carvery
type places and had a truly dire meal

What's a carvery place? Is that like what we'd call a steak house?
Where beef is the main attraction?

My friend Hilary's cousin had a worse one. His girlfriend decided to
give him a special present in his bedroom so there they were when he
heard noises downstairs and thought he had best investigate, So he
strode out of the bedroomand to the top of the stairs at which point
all the lights went on and he looked downstairs to see his entire
family including his grandparents shouting "Surprise!" or well
more...."Supr...." as he was standing there wearing nothing but a
condom!

Lesley, you have the best stories. LOL!! That's like something from a
movie.

dad's 60th was worse through, mum managed to get him out of the house
so we sneaked round and set up, mum then pulled the curtains shut over
the French windows and the idea was she would get him to come and look
and we's all be there glasses raised! so we're all standing out there,
glasses loaded and at the ready and this is what we here "Come here,
dear and have a look at what I saw through the French windows" then a
few moments later, my dad "What are you talking about you stupid
woman! The curtains are closed!" I wish I had had a camera ready for
the look on this face when she did open the curtains)

That's sad, really. Did he often talk to her like that?

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 5th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 5, 2:39*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Yes but, well never mind. *The problem would be if that small an age
difference went the other way. *Meaning you were the older."Lesley" wrote in message

On Feb 5, 11:19 am, "Stormmee" wrote:

on my 21 st birthday my grandmother sent me a quilt, when DH came home he
was admiring it... he read the card and almost had a seizure... he was 27
at
the time... he thought I was his age.... had been living with him for a
while...

WHOOPS!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I am the older by seven years

Pam S. who got a lot of cradle robbing jokes
Old February 6th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Nothing wrong with that but I met a guy last summer with some friends. We
went bike riding, since don't see well, I have a tamdon bike. We all walked
about five miles and had a great time. Somehow age came up and he found out
I was five years older than him. You would have thought it was a crime!!!

Old February 6th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
Yep, the last member of the nest turns 21 on Friday. The gang has
decided to get her as drunk as possible in my dining room. The booze
is bought the pizza money is stashed and prezzies have already been
given so that she will remember them. I'm supposed to take car keys,
film, and cook a nice greasy breakfast for the party girl.

No *way* is that girl 21. No, she'd be about 14 or so. Otherwise that would
make me nearly 39.

Oh, wait... :-)

Mandy was born on February 8,1987 at Fort Campbell Kentucky at the end
of a wind storm that blew siding off of the newly re-sided duplex we
were living in. Like all my births, we were between cars. The power
went out and Rob knew that the birth was going to happen when I
insisted on taking a shower in our cramped master bathroom with the
power out and the door closed. I have a problem with tight spaces.
Rob had pulled 24 hour duty the night before and had gotten less than
six hours rest. Of course everything went fine so I'll spare you the
gruesome hospital details.

Now she is 21. On my 21st birthday, I went up to the bartender, ID in
hand, for my free birthday drink. The bartender looked at me in
disgust, said "I've been serving you for months, you aren't going to
get a freebie off of me." and then suggested to one of my party that
they take me out on the dance floor. Disco was playing and I don't do
well with disco. I got drunk off my butt, was walked home and vaguely
remember that I used a trash can for an intestinal relief mechanism
(barf bucket) and crashed.

So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? Maybe one
of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? There
I worked cats into here finally.

My 21st was a good day and a bad day. I'd booked 20 friends & family to go
to 'Dirty Dicks' as sort of travelling theatre restaurant that is rather
bawdy (in the tradition of bawdy Shakespearian-era plays).

The minimum booking was 20 to get a discount, and I had only 17 RSVPs. I'd
already payed the deposit and hoped that the other 3 were just slack and
going to turn up on the night. They didn't. Two apologised and repaid me
anyway, the other didn't, and left me in the lurch. As it turns out, paying
the normal rate for 19 people, and paying the discount rate for 20 people
divided by nineteen people was the same price, so I wasn't actually out of
pocket as such, but I still think they owe me money. Not that I have had
anything to do with them since.

i also had a problem with somethign to wear. I was a poor starving student
and being July it was winter and I didn't have anything warm & nice to wear
(had warm, had nice, didn't have both). My sister leant me something
approrpiate but I didn't have any shoes to go with it. I painted my white
shoes black for the occasion.

Idiot boyfriend of the time had spent the money for the taxi we were goign
to get there with. We had a furious fight, and for a while there I didn't
even want to go to my own 21st birthday party. Eventually we had to go by
bus (I was too proud to tell my parents that I needed a lift after I said we
were OK for one). But hte bus didn't quite go to the place, so we had to
walk about a mile in the dark, in the cold, with my high heel painted shoes.
Not coincidentally, we were late.

My sister's boyfriend of the time offered us a ride home. Except there
wasn't room in his truck for him, my sister, myself and idiot boyfriend at
the time. *Someone* would have to sit in the tray at the back. Idiot
boyfriend flatly refused to do the gentlemanly thing, arguing with my
sister's boyfriendand my parents baout it. Eventually I sat there all the
way home, on my birthday, in borrowed clothes and painted shoes. I felt like
Cinderella after midnight.

I didn't have enough money to get drunk (idiot boyfriend having spent it
already) but since it was my birthday enough other people payed for my
drinks that I was not going thirsty so to speak.

The show itself was really good,very funny in a bawdy risque sort of way.
Lots of wenches and fart jokes etc. But was very much mired by idiot
boyfriend showing exactly how much he (didn't) care about me.

Yowie

Old February 6th 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Happy Birthday to Mandy from Ramona and me.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 6th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

wrote in message

On Feb 5, 11:19 am, "Stormmee" wrote:

on my 21 st birthday my grandmother sent me a quilt, when DH came home
he
was admiring it... he read the card and almost had a seizure... he was
27
at
the time... he thought I was his age.... had been living with him for a
while...

WHOOPS!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I am the older by seven years

Pam S. who got a lot of cradle robbing jokes

I've been dating younger men now since I broke up with ex, who also was
13 years younger. I'm not consciously looking for younger ones, we just
seem to wind up together... (yea right... )

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com