My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) andprobably boring

Old February 6th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) and probably boring

then one you don't need, remember you might be seeing Raymond soon...

we are going to a concert on Thursday, the hotel we are staying at has a
gorgeous bellman that is considerably older than most people, very healthy,
attractive and funny too boot... he once told me he was single because he
doesn't mate well in captivity, so there are hot older guys, Lee, babbling
Granby wrote in message
Nothing wrong with that but I met a guy last summer with some friends. We
went bike riding, since don't see well, I have a tamdon bike. We all

walked
about five miles and had a great time. Somehow age came up and he found

out
I was five years older than him. You would have thought it was a crime!!!
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 2:39 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Yes but, well never mind. The problem would be if that small an age
difference went the other way. Meaning you were the older."Lesley"
wrote in message

On Feb 5, 11:19 am, "Stormmee" wrote:

on my 21 st birthday my grandmother sent me a quilt, when DH came home
he
was admiring it... he read the card and almost had a seizure... he was
27
at
the time... he thought I was his age.... had been living with him for

while...

WHOOPS!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I am the older by seven years

Pam S. who got a lot of cradle robbing jokes

Old February 6th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 2:12*pm, wrote:
Lesley wrote:

* My 21st was hardly noticeable, my parents had said I could have a
* party at home BUT no more than 8 guests including me, had to be over
* by 11.30 at the very latest and they were staying! So I persuaded them
* to take me out instead and we went to one of those ghastly carvery
* type places and had a truly dire meal

What's a carvery place? Is that like what we'd call a steak house?
Where beef is the main attraction?

Yep and they couldn't even do the steak right!

* dad's 60th was worse through, mum managed to get him out of the house
* so we sneaked round and set up, mum then pulled the curtains shut over
* the French windows and the idea was she would get him to come and look
* and we's all be there glasses raised! so we're all standing out there,
* glasses loaded and at the ready and this is what we here "Come here,
* dear and have a look at what I saw through the French windows" then a
* few moments later, my dad "What are you talking about you stupid
* woman! The curtains are closed!" I wish I had had a camera ready for
* the look on this face when she did open the curtains)

That's sad, really. Did he often talk to her like that?

For my parents "stupid old bat" was a term of endearment! No he didn't
usually talk to her like that but he'd had a rotten game of golf so he
wasn't in the best of moods (My dad's moods were often predictable
from his trip to the golf course- rather like my brother's mood at the
weekends tends to depend on West Ham's results)

Old February 6th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 5, 9:06*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
"tanadashoes" wrote in message

Yep, the last member of the nest turns 21 on Friday. *The gang has
decided to get her as drunk as possible in my dining room. *The booze
is bought the pizza money is stashed and prezzies have already been
given so that she will remember them. *I'm supposed to take car keys,
film, and cook a nice greasy breakfast for the party girl.

No *way* is that girl 21. No, she'd be about 14 or so. Otherwise that would
make me nearly 39.

Oh, wait... :-)

Mandy was born on February 8,1987 at Fort Campbell Kentucky at the end
of a wind storm that blew siding off of the newly re-sided duplex we
were living in. *Like all my births, we were between cars. *The power
went out and Rob knew that the birth was going to happen when I
insisted on taking a shower in our cramped master bathroom with the
power out and the door closed. *I have a problem with tight spaces.
Rob had pulled 24 hour duty the night before and had gotten less than
six hours rest. *Of course everything went fine so I'll spare you the
gruesome hospital details.

Now she is 21. *On my 21st birthday, I went up to the bartender, ID in
hand, for my free birthday drink. *The bartender looked at me in
disgust, said "I've been serving you for months, you aren't going to
get a freebie off of me." *and then suggested to one of my party that
they take me out on the dance floor. *Disco was playing and I don't do
well with disco. *I got drunk off my butt, was walked home and vaguely
remember that I used a trash can for an intestinal relief mechanism
(barf bucket) and crashed.

So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? *Maybe one
of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? *There
I worked cats into here finally.

My 21st was a good day and a bad day. I'd booked 20 friends & family to go
to 'Dirty Dicks' as sort of travelling theatre restaurant that is rather
bawdy (in the tradition of bawdy Shakespearian-era plays).

The minimum booking was 20 to get a discount, and I had only 17 RSVPs. I'd
already payed the deposit and hoped that the other 3 were just slack and
going to turn up on the night. They didn't. Two apologised and repaid me
anyway, the other didn't, and left me in the lurch. *As it turns out, paying
the normal rate for 19 people, and paying the discount rate for 20 people
divided by nineteen people was the same price, so I wasn't actually out of
pocket as such, but I still think they owe me money. Not that I have had
anything to do with them since.

i also had a problem with somethign to wear. I was a poor starving student
and being July it was winter and I didn't have anything warm & nice to wear
(had warm, had nice, didn't have both). My sister leant me something
approrpiate but I didn't have any shoes to go with it. I painted my white
shoes black for the occasion.

Idiot boyfriend of the time had spent the money for the taxi we were goign
to get there with. We had a furious fight, and for a while there I didn't
even want to go to my own 21st birthday party. Eventually we had to go by
bus (I was too proud to tell my parents that I needed a lift after I said we
were OK for one). * But hte bus didn't quite go to the place, so we had to
walk about a mile in the dark, in the cold, with my high heel painted shoes.
Not coincidentally, we were late.

My sister's boyfriend of the time offered us a ride home. Except there
wasn't room in his truck for him, my sister, myself and idiot boyfriend at
the time. *Someone* would have to sit in the tray at the back. Idiot
boyfriend flatly refused to do the gentlemanly thing, arguing with my
sister's boyfriendand my parents baout it. Eventually I sat there all the
way home, on my birthday, in borrowed clothes and painted shoes. I felt like
Cinderella after midnight.

I didn't have enough money to get drunk (idiot boyfriend having spent it
already) but since it was my birthday enough other people payed for my
drinks that I was not going thirsty so to speak.

The show itself was really good,very funny in a bawdy risque sort of way.
Lots of wenches and fart jokes etc. But was very much mired by idiot
boyfriend showing exactly how much he (didn't) care about me.

Yowie- Hide quoted text -

Boy, I'm glad you got rid of that loser. Maybe those of us who had
rotten 21st birthdays should have a re-take and have another 21st
birthday. I know Joel would be the gentleman that he is and take care
of you.

Pam S. who'd like a do over too. Though I don't drink any more
Old February 6th 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Was in collage on my 21. No money and few friends that had any either.
They forgot it was my birthday so, I actually did some homework. Ya know,
one of these days I think I will throw myself a 21st birthday party. The
more I think of it, the better the idea sounds.

Old February 6th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

With the people I know, it isn't a planned thing most of the time, it just
happens. Once I was so mad I decided to get drunk and although I did drink
too much, I drank myself sober so, never tried that again.
"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
I only got drunk one time in my life and I can't for the life of me figure
out why people do it more than once!!!
--
Charleen
Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro

"sam" wrote in message
Happy Birthday to Mandy from Ramona and me.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe

Old February 7th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_2_]

Granby wrote:
Was in collage on my 21. No money and few friends that had any either.
They forgot it was my birthday so, I actually did some homework. Ya know,
one of these days I think I will throw myself a 21st birthday party. The
more I think of it, the better the idea sounds.

My birthday is between Christmas and New Years and there is no such
thing as a real party to be had then, so the last couple of years, I
have planned a get together with a few close friends at a restaurant of
my choice. I have had a great time for my birthday the last two years.

Bridget

Old February 7th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tanadashoes wrote:

So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? Maybe one
of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? There
I worked cats into here finally.

congrats to amanda. hope she survives her purrday.

i guess your 21st equals our 18th. we can legally buy beer and wine at
18, stronger liquor at 20. i have to admit, i don't remember my 18th,
but that's because i had been frequenting bars for some time. i partied
a lot back then. i guess it wasn't that different from any other night
on the town. *smile*

Old February 7th 08, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Marina wrote:
tanadashoes wrote:

So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? Maybe
one of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? There
I worked cats into here finally.

congrats to amanda. hope she survives her purrday.

i guess your 21st equals our 18th. we can legally buy beer and wine at
18, stronger liquor at 20. i have to admit, i don't remember my 18th,
but that's because i had been frequenting bars for some time. i
partied a lot back then. i guess it wasn't that different from any
other night on the town. *smile*

It's 18 in the UK as well. On my 16th birthday the landlord of my local pub
bought me a pint because I was a regular customer. ;-) The funny thing is
I've never drunk a lot and hate getting drunk.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 7th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 7, 2:45*am, "Adrian" wrote:

It's 18 in the UK as well. On my 16th birthday the landlord of my local pub
bought me a pint because I was a regular customer. ;-)

A regular? Colin the landlord of the "Bells" hasn't seen me since
Sunday and has probably just realised how badly his profits have
fallen and is considering sending out a search party- I'm not so much
a "customer" as more "part of the family"

The funny thing is
I've never drunk a lot and hate getting drunk.

I like getting mildly tipsy but beyond that I am sad to report these
days I just fall asleep! Getting too old for the habits of my youth?

Old February 7th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 12:04*pm, Victor Martinez wrote:

The first time I got a bit
tipsy was a x-mas eve when I was 10 or so. My little sister and I were
allowed to have one glass of hard cider to toast.

I beat you by four years! My mum had made the mistake of leaving a
half empty bottle of gin on the kitchen sink and I was a curious
child.....Let's just say to this day the smell of gin turns my stomach

And I am topped by Dave. New Year's day when he was five, his sister
was four and their baby brother was still in nappies and they went
downstairs nice and early- this, of course being Hogmanay the night
before the grown up's had had the big party

His parents came down to find them "playing pubs"

Dave tells me (without blushing much) that they put brandy in the baby
brothers bottle.....Amazingly he not only survived but is something
quite senior in the RAF