AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old October 31st 04, 01:15 PM
Adrian

Maybe he's been lost for some time and still has owners who miss him and
would love to have him back, they may have made a lot of effort to find
him. One thing I would suggest is, ask your vet to scan him for a
microchip. Purrs that things work out and Ping has a happy life wherever
he lives.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 31st 04, 02:25 PM
Sunflower

Ask your local animal shelter how long their hold time is. Typically,
that's the time period that anyone has to claim a stray anywhere. Usually
it's 5 days, some places less, some more. Put Found posters up *without*
identifying that he is a siamese. Just the sex, intact, basic color (tan and
brown legs says siamese to anyone who is looking) and where he was found. A
purebred can draw the nutsos. Keep checking back with animal control or
other agencies that accept in strays. Go ahead and make the vet appointment
for the end of the 5 days and keep it. If any owners appear post hold
period time, and have a good story to tell as to why he was outside in the
condition he was in, then they can pay you for the needed vet services and
claim him. A valuable show cat wouldn't be out wandering around anyway, and
you'd probably keep a potential BYB from adding more by neutering him. If
any show up post claim period that you wouldn't be comfortable letting him
to them to sue you to get him back. Most folks that would let a cat get in
that condition aren't really attached enough to the cat to want to pay the
vet bills, much less sue you to get him back.

My old woman cat is sitting in the computer chair and grouchily and vocally
refuses to give me but the very edge of it, but she sends her Mrrrwows to
your new rescue. She once lived in a hardware store in the lumber
department and has never looked back once she came home. Ping won't either.
But, you still have one to go to equal my nine psycho kitty rejects from
polite society. g

Old October 31st 04, 03:17 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:16:59 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:
(snip)
BTW - piccies posted on alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

Oh, I can't find it! I'm looking at usenet-replayer.com, and I see
lots of cats in hats, birds, silly dogs and even frogs! But no lost
meezer boy.

Theresa

Old October 31st 04, 04:04 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:17:13 -0500, Kreisleriana
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:16:59 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:
(snip)
BTW - piccies posted on alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

Oh, I can't find it! I'm looking at usenet-replayer.com, and I see
lots of cats in hats, birds, silly dogs and even frogs! But no lost
meezer boy.

the subject heading was "Stray kittie appeared in our basement"
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: