ANOTHER TERRIBLE "THING" IN THE HOUSE

Old May 21st 04, 11:29 AM
Renee Darvin

Default ANOTHER TERRIBLE "THING" IN THE HOUSE

Earlier this evening, we were working on our various art projects.
There was some "drama" on the TV, which we were more-or-less ignoring.
The older furpeople were snoozing while the two youngsters amused
themselves in the kitchen.

They were playing with a paper bag, leaping in and out, chasing each
other around it, and clawing at it just to hear the glorious sound of a
rip here and a tear there.

Jazzi was the most aggressive. That girl had never met a challenge she
couldn't handle. Gizzi did a lot of sitting and watching, when she
became a little too adventurous for his two year old taste. (He's
learned a lot about danger from Baby!)

Suddenly there was a crash and a screech from the kitchen, followed
closely by the sound of a bump! at the slider. Then a ginger and white
flash of color streaked by, followed closely -- VERY closely -- by a
brown caboose!

Gizzi and Baby disappeared into thin air -- the same vanishing act
that happens when the doorbell rings. TC headed for the safety of the
bedroom. I was so startled that I dropped my paintbrush (loaded with
green paint) on my purple nightgown. And what did Sandra do? She
started to laugh! She laughed until she cried!

The inevitable had just happened. Something had managed to terrify our
baby girl, our Jazzicat! She had somehow managed to get a paw -- or
maybe it was her gorgeous tail! -- entwined with a tear in the sack
-- and that horrible, awful, SCARY THING had her!

Sandra was still laughing when Jazzi managed to escape, dash into the
living room with us, and cower by the fireplace. Nothing, not even
being hungry and homeless, had ever managed to frighten her before this
calamity. She wouldn't even look at us. (Personally, I think she was
embarrassed and humiliated!)

And would you believe this? At least thirty long minutes went by
before she had recovered enough to venture back into the kitchen!
(After all, her friend The Refrigerator is in there, and she is just too
smart to let anything separate her from the source of all her Treats!)

So peace has returned. And such is life in Cat Country!

Renee and friends in CA USA

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." Colette "I've
traveled a long way -- and some of the roads weren't paved!" Will
Rogers
"I am too blessed to be stressed" Anon
"No Heaven will not ever Heaven be, unless my cats are there to welcome
me." Unknown

Old May 21st 04, 10:02 PM
polonca12000

Loved the story! Especially its happy end
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Renee Darvin" wrote in message
snip So peace has returned. And such is life in Cat Country!

Renee and friends in CA USA

Old May 22nd 04, 03:30 AM
Marina

"Renee Darvin" wrote

So peace has returned. And such is life in Cat Country!

LOL! Great story, Renee!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 31st 04, 12:00 PM
Jean P Hobbs

I'm still laughing too, and Jazzi *would* have been embarrassed,
we had a lab; and he was very exuberant, so sometimes he would slip
when going down the steps too fast, and it was so *obvious* that he was
embarrassed Jean.P.