OT - Letter to the US President

Old July 18th 11, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default OT - Letter to the US President

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Dear Mr. President , I heard you say you will not guarantee SS checks if
the debt ceiling isn't raised. Why is it the scare always has to do with
SS, Medicare, & our Soldiers pay? Why not stop your own pay or all of
Congress to save much more money for our country? Why use the Seniors,
Soldiers, & our Needy as examples? Take the money from those who take no
risks and reap the benefits? Repost if you agree!"

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

No thanks, hon. I try very hard not to get embroiled in political posts.
My father always told me never to discuss politics or religion because
you'll just wind up in an argument. So I abstain.

Jill

Old July 18th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Dear Mr. President , I heard you say you will not guarantee SS checks if
the debt ceiling isn't raised. Why is it the scare always has to do with
SS, Medicare, & our Soldiers pay? Why not stop your own pay or all of
Congress to save much more money for our country? Why use the Seniors,
Soldiers, & our Needy as examples? Take the money from those who take no
risks and reap the benefits? Repost if you agree!"

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

No thanks, hon. I try very hard not to get embroiled in political posts.
My father always told me never to discuss politics or religion because
you'll just wind up in an argument. So I abstain.

Jill

I've found it is much easier to have a calm, reasonable discussion about
religion than it is about politics. People seem much more likely to become
angry about politics. Actually, though, one of the loudest and most
vehement arguments I ever witnessed was over which was better - Mac or PC.
I kid you not.

Joy

Old July 18th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/17/2011 6:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Dear Mr. President , I heard you say you will not guarantee SS checks
if the debt ceiling isn't raised. Why is it the scare always has to do
with SS, Medicare, & our Soldiers pay? Why not stop your own pay or
all of Congress to save much more money for our country? Why use the
Seniors, Soldiers, & our Needy as examples? Take the money from those
who take no risks and reap the benefits? Repost if you agree!"

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

No thanks, hon. I try very hard not to get embroiled in political posts.
My father always told me never to discuss politics or religion because
you'll just wind up in an argument. So I abstain.

Jill

I agree, and I'm sorry I posted this here and elsewhere - it got my @$$
flamed to kingdom come in another group and I ended up having to
unsubscribe from it. It just hit close to home for me and it was a
spur-of-the moment posting without thought. There is another post over
there that got not one flame but it's addressed to AARP members to write
their congress=critters about voting against the new bill that would
drastically reduce Medicare benefits for seniors. Go figure, I guess
it's all in the wording.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 18th 11, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

No thanks, hon. I try very hard not to get embroiled in political posts.
My father always told me never to discuss politics or religion because
you'll just wind up in an argument. So I abstain.

I've found it is much easier to have a calm, reasonable discussion about
religion than it is about politics. People seem much more likely to become
angry about politics. Actually, though, one of the loudest and most
vehement arguments I ever witnessed was over which was better - Mac or PC.
I kid you not.

That's a religious argument.

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
Old July 18th 11, 06:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

No thanks, hon. I try very hard not to get embroiled in political
posts.
My father always told me never to discuss politics or religion because
you'll just wind up in an argument. So I abstain.

I've found it is much easier to have a calm, reasonable discussion about
religion than it is about politics. People seem much more likely to
become
angry about politics. Actually, though, one of the loudest and most
vehement arguments I ever witnessed was over which was better - Mac or
PC.
I kid you not.

That's a religious argument.

Joyce

That was exactly my reaction. I thought (but decided not to say), "I have
my religion. You're welcome to yours. Just don't try to get me to change
my mind." Actually, that's the way I feel about religion, as well as
computers.

Joy

Old July 18th 11, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

You don't have to worry about that with me, either. I try not to get into
discussions about technology (even though I worked in IT). Ditto cell
phones. Frankly, I don't care what someone's cell phone provider promised
them. Sorry, I can't help you. I only use mine in emergencies. 'nuff
said.

OB Cats: The weather has been very nice. Persia and I have been sitting
outside. She's in her kitty walk while I read a book. It's nice

Jill

Old July 19th 11, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I'm with you about cell phones. Or, at least I used to be. I have a very
inexpensive one on AT&T's "Go Phone" plan. With that plan, I pay either $15
a month or $100 a year. If I make a call, I am charged $1 for that day,
plus 10 cents a minute. That is deducted from what I have paid in. Since I
used the phone maybe two or three times a year, I didn't have to worry about
paying any more in. However, you do have to add to your account when the
period you paid for is up. I pay for the year. I had renewed for the third
year when I lost my phone. When I reported it, I was told that only one
call had been made on it, and my balance was $290! I thought the $100 a
year disappeared at the end of the year, but instead it accumulates. Since
I learned that, I've been using my cell phone to make any long distance
calls, such as calling my sister in Alaska. My balance is still quite high.

Joy