OT - The good news is....

Old July 14th 11, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - The good news is....

Ben found my watch. The bad news is it was halfway around the block and
clearly had been run over by cars multiple times. How did it get there?
I have no idea. The only think I can think of is someone, or a dog,
picked it up from my driveway and then chunking it into the street like
trash. Man, I loved that watch, not only was it accurate, not only had
I just replaced the battery, but it was so light that I barely knew I
was wearing it. Oh well, such is my life....

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 14th 11, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 14, 3:31*pm, CatNipped wrote:
Ben found my watch. *The bad news is it was halfway around the block and
clearly had been run over by cars multiple times. *How did it get there?
* I have no idea. *The only think I can think of is someone, or a dog,
picked it up from my driveway and then chunking it into the street like
trash. *Man, I loved that watch, not only was it accurate, not only had
I just replaced the battery, but it was so light that I barely knew I
was wearing it. *Oh well, such is my life....
CatNipped

Not rocket science to figure out; forget the dog; dogs will eat almost
anything but not watches. A
hoomin picked it up off your driveway, kept walking, discovered it no
longer works via the impact it
took from the driveway landing, and tossed into the street.
Your life, such as it is, will be greatly improved when you send
Prince Benjamin , as I suggested,
off to the jewelry store or dept. *WITH YOU* (avoiding you "making do"
with what HE wanted)
in tow to pick yourself out a new watch you like.
hopitus does not think like a "victim". Remember that very old cartoon
series (still on YouTube now)
called "Dick Dastardly & Muttley: (Wacky Racers)? "DO SOMETHING,
MUTTLEY!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE
Old July 14th 11, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"hopitus" wrote in message
[...]

***

I hope she can do this, but not everyone has the wherewithal to just run out
and buy a new watch. Also, as I have learned from experience, the odds
against finding a watch one likes as much as the old one (or even likes,
period) are rather high.

Joy

Old July 14th 11, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 14, 3:56*pm, "Joy" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

On Jul 14, 3:31 pm, CatNipped wrote: Ben found my watch. The bad news is it was halfway around the block and
[...]

You are right; I am not and have never been a watch person but have a
relative who is
a watch freak, especially $600 aviator types. I dunno what her tastes
are in watches but
whatever she likes and however long it takes to find something she
likes
1. She will have gotten out, have a purpose in doing so, and
2. when you go do something about a problem (loss of watch) and make
decisions about
how *you* want to solve it, you are not a victim persona.
3. Since God, though possibly responsible IHHO for the problem and
more, He is not handy
to drive her truck, so that leaves DH.
I am totally unable to relate to anyone who lets Life roll over them
like a bulldozer.
Note: you mightt be able to concoct a Toastmasters speech about this
whole happening and
what *YOU* think might be a better solution to it.
Old July 14th 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 3:56 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

[...]

I took her "God" comment as being at least partly facetious. I've never had
to deal with all the things she has, so I'm not about to give her advice.
If the watch were her only problem, and the cost wasn't a problem, your
solution might be appropriate. However, I've lived long enough not to offer
advice unless it is requested, and to be careful even then.

Considering all Lori has to deal with, she comes across as spending very
little time feeling sorry for herself. I think everyone is entitled to the
occasional pity party, and it seems to me she is handling things very well.

Joy

Old July 14th 11, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/14/2011 4:45 PM, hopitus wrote:
[...]

No need. I'll just use the watch I used before this one (I don't wear
it enough to bother with). The new battery fit the old watch which is
great. The old watch is too big to fit my wrist now-a-days so I need to
figure out how to take a couple of links off (it has tiny screws that
are even tinier than glasses screws).

Old July 14th 11, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/14/2011 5:47 PM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message
On Jul 14, 3:56 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Thank you, it was.

to deal with all the things she has, so I'm not about to give her advice.
If the watch were her only problem, and the cost wasn't a problem, your
solution might be appropriate. However, I've lived long enough not to offer
advice unless it is requested, and to be careful even then.

Considering all Lori has to deal with, she comes across as spending very
little time feeling sorry for herself. I think everyone is entitled to the
occasional pity party, and it seems to me she is handling things very well.

Joy

I try to find the humor in any situation, and I *hate* that I so often
complain about things. When I can no longer laugh at myself (and with
anyone else who wants to make fun of me), then I'll know it's time (pun
intended) to leave this mortal coil.

Old July 15th 11, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/14/2011 5:52 PM, CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Oh, also ,"getting out of the house" is a *bad* thing for me -
especially given that our truck seems to have no shock absorbers. I'm
in horrid pain for days after we take a trip longer than 5 minutes long.
The pot-holed roads here don't help matters either. Actually, the
only exercise *any* of my doctors recommend is very short walks since I
need every calorie I can shove down my throat to heal my wound and put
some weight on so I'll have enough "reserves" to get through a second
major surgery (hopefully before the end of 2011, but I'm not holding out
hope for that so I'm not disappointed if the surgeon still refuses to do
it by then).

What's good is when we get a new DVD or when something interesting (such
a rarity) is on TV - for instance "Through The Wormhole" on the Science
channel. That really makes my day (whoever thought I would *miss* my
boring job!!!). ;

Old July 15th 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
On 7/14/2011 5:47 PM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message
On Jul 14, 3:56 pm, wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I know what you mean, Lori. I haven't had to go through the kind of things
you're dealing with, but whenever things start looking bad, it's my sense of
humor that enables me to keep going.

Joy

Old July 15th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 3:56 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

[...]

I agree. I seem to have my hand up for every operation or illness or
accident that has been available since 2001.
Yes, give me sight problems for years,and two months after I got to go back
to work and give me ovarian cancer. After that, my incision burst open.
Not surprising. and it happened again a year later

Lori has the perfect right to moan about what is happening to her. I did.
And will. Lori is Ok to post her difficulties to her friends here as far
as I am concerned.

I was in perfect health until 2001. I paid (I forget how much) from my
wages for many many years and I thought I never got anything out of it.
Now I know why it's a good idea.
My eyes got fixed with a pioneering op, although it has taken 10 years to
get them right after that.
Unfortunately my poor doctor has to pay for it all.

what I like about my docs is that they know they are not good,
if it's not a cough, cold or a sore hole (as my grandmother used to say)
mine send me immediately for a specialist opinion.
It does cost them some money.
There is another doctor in the village who refused to come out to my
friend's mother when she was having breathing difficulties. He'd failed to
diagnose that although he knew she had bowel cancer that it had spread to
her lungs.
She died gasping for breath. It could have been so much easier had he
stirred his a88