Pitbull and kitten

Old July 18th 11, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Pitbull and kitten

On Monday, July 18, 2011 4:16:54 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Sunday, July 17, 2011 4:56:24 PM UTC-6, J J Levin wrote:
THIS IS REMARKABLE AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AS MUCH AS I DID----

http://www.castanet.net/news/Offbeat...bull-vs-kitten

Jay

That got sent to me the other day, and I was actually a bit afraid to
check it. I'm glad I did though smile.

IMHO Pit bulls get a bad rap because most of the owners train them to be bad
dogs. Fighting dogs. They aren't born bad. And this video just proves it.
Very cute, thanks!

Pit bulls used to be called "Nanny Dogs", because people would leave their small children with the dogs. I've known 4 pits... Two were absolutely lovely, loving dogs. The other two were just mean (they went after a neighbor's g-daughter). It isn't just training them to fight, it's not training them in any way, shape, or form.

My concern was who sent the video to me. They seem to enjoy sending very nasty, very frightening videos my way (and I rarely, if ever, watch them).

Jill

Old July 19th 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

"Smokie Darling wrote in message
[...]

Pit bulls have changed a lot over the years because they are being bred
for dog-fighting rings - it's hard to find one that *doesn't* have
"fighting" in his/her bloodline somewhere. And that's a damned shame
because they used to be "America's Dog" (the dog in "Little Rascals" was
a pit bull). Again, you have to blame the people, not the animal - but
at this point I think the breed should either be "decommissioned" by
natural attrition (e.g. don't put any down, but sterilize them before
they can breed), or breed them separately until the "fight" is bred out
of them again. Don't ask me how to do that at this point - dog fighting
and drugs and illegal guns seem to go hand and hand in our inner cities
and unfortunately, the pit bull makes the best fighting dog (Chihuahuas
and cats and other small animals are used as "bait" to train them - it
makes me sick!)

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/