The Investigation

Old February 21st 04, 06:00 AM
Marina

Default The Investigation

"Mark Edwards" wrote

Last night, I was letting Buster out.

When I opened the door, and put a bowl of food out for him and his
buddies, a pretty black cat (Yes, Waffles, I know there is *no other*
kind - big grin) walked into the house.

She's adopted, or at least she has a pretty purple collar with a cloth
bow attached, but she comes by from time to time to nibble food or to
be petted.

Tonight, she was either confused about where she lives, or was
investigating us as an alternative home.

She walked into every open room and every closet, sniffing and looking
into every nook and cranny. She walked into the bathroom, and took an
appraising sniff of the clean litterbox (but didn't use it).

She climbed up on the Kitty Condo, checked out the enclosed areas, the
dangly toys and sharpened her claws on the scratching post (for which
she was amply praised!).

The whole time, Buster is sitting outside looking slightly miserable,
and Little Feet runs away from her every time she comes his way.

Finally, she went back to the front door, and pawed at it to be let
out. I warned her not to pick any fights with Buster, and she was kind
enough to oblige.

When she went out, I picked her up, and we walked around the corner to
where I think her people live, but she started crying when I went in
that direction.

Now, I know she's not abused - she is healthy, and sleek, and
obviously fed well.

Her nipples seemed to be hanging a bit, though, so she may be planning
a place to have kittens... Yikes!

LOL! I hope she's not planning on accusing either Little Feet or Buster of
being the father, and claiming alimony or leaving the kittens in a basket on
your doorstep. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 21st 04, 06:02 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 01:33:33 GMT, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[...]

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

"She started crying........." Yes, yes, go on -- what happened next?
Old February 21st 04, 06:14 AM
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
[...]

Yes, that might explain Buster looking "slightly miserable" and Little Feet
running away! Men! ;o)

Good luck with this, Mark.

Jill

Old February 21st 04, 07:36 AM
Hopitus2

Are you then soon becoming a grandcatpaw? Sounds like your birthing facility
didn't make the grade AFA she's concerned.

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
: On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 01:33:33 GMT, Mark Edwards
: wrote:
:
:

Old February 21st 04, 07:41 AM
jmcquown

Hopitus2 wrote:
Are you then soon becoming a grandcatpaw? Sounds like your birthing
facility didn't make the grade AFA she's concerned.

Oh, I'm not so sure about that. She used the scratching post, after all!

Jill

Old February 21st 04, 11:48 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Her nipples seemed to be hanging a bit, though, so she may be planning
a place to have kittens... Yikes!

Well, if she is going to have kittens, is there a better place in your
locality? Answer - *no* :-) Consider yourself lucky :-)

Cheers, helen s

p.s. kitten .jpgs required!

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old February 21st 04, 07:07 PM
Marina

"Mark Edwards" wrote
No cluons were harmed when Marina! said

[snips]

LOL! I hope she's not planning on accusing either Little Feet or

Buster of
being the father, and claiming alimony or leaving the kittens in a

basket on
your doorstep. ;o)

Well, Little Feet has been fixed for many years. Buster, on the other
hand, is still a certified Tomcat...

Well, there you have it. Explains why Buster looked miserable and why Little
Feet ran away from her.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 21st 04, 10:23 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mark Edwards wrote:

Her nipples seemed to be hanging a bit, though, so she may be planning
a place to have kittens... Yikes!

That was my first reaction, when you described her behaviour!
Old December 13th 04, 08:29 PM
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Marina! said

[snips]

LOL! I hope she's not planning on accusing either Little Feet or

Buster of
being the father, and claiming alimony or leaving the kittens in a

basket on
your doorstep. ;o)

Well, Little Feet has been fixed for many years. Buster, on the other
hand, is still a certified Tomcat...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--