Totally OT - could you possibly purr for a rabbit?

Old February 13th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Totally OT - could you possibly purr for a rabbit?

On Feb 12, 4:41?pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I think I've told you all before about my friend Bob in Michigan who pretty
well rescues any animal or bird that needs it.
He sent me this mail tonight..

____________________
We've got a very sick rabbit at the vet. In the scheme of things, it
isn't very important. Rabbits don't live all that long anyway, and there
is so much for serious in the world. But Frieda is a doll, and we've
learned she has pneumonia, among a couple of other things. So it is
touch and go with her. I'd be pretty okay about it, if it weren't for
how terribly upset Linda is. I'm like a gong. I vibrate according to the
energy of those around me. So, while I came home from the vet happy that
at last they've figured out what's wrong with the rabbit, I soon got
very depressed because Linda was so upset.
________________________

So, could we have a few purrs and prayers for Frieda the rabbit?
Thanks.

Tweed

Poor bunny. I hope she makes it. It sounds like she is loved very
much.

Sherry

Old February 13th 07, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Awww, we've had pet rabbits for years. I hope Frieda pulls through. They
know so much more about rabbits than they did a few years ago.

I'm sorry he felt that he needed to say it wasn't important in the
scheme of things. I had to take off work when we lost our first rabbit
(at 11 years old...) It was traumatic -- they're as good a house pet as
a cat or dog.

Hope Freda is doing better,

Rhonda

Old February 13th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Christina Websell wrote:

So, could we have a few purrs and prayers for Frieda the rabbit?

I used to show rabbits so I've had quite a few and they are lovely animals.

Purrs on the way from the Fabulous Furballs

Lesley

Old February 13th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way for Frieda.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 13th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Christina Websell purred:
[...]

Bunbuns are cute, fuzzy loveable critters! I've got all 12 kitties here
purring for Frieda - especially Barney & Ping - who met our visitor last
fall, and wish we would get a bunbun to keep!

Old February 13th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Awww, we've had pet rabbits for years. I hope Frieda pulls through. They
know so much more about rabbits than they did a few years ago.

I'm sorry he felt that he needed to say it wasn't important in the scheme
of things. I had to take off work when we lost our first rabbit (at 11
years old...) It was traumatic -- they're as good a house pet as a cat or
dog.

Hope Freda is doing better,

He didn't mean it like it sounded, we had been discussing something else
quite serious only a few hours before, so that was only part of his mail and
out of context it does look like it seems he's minimizing it, but I can
assure you that's not the case.
Bob loves all his rescues probably more than he should for his own peace of
mind. He writes books about them. You could have a look at his website if
you would like to.
http://www.bobtarte.com

I'm going to mail him in a while to see how Frieda is doing.

Tweed

Old February 13th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old February 13th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Update on Frieda the rabbit

Bob says this tonight:

"She seems to be a bit better, which is good news.
We might be able to bring her home tomorrow, but that doesn't mean
everything is okay. Not until she starts eating again."

I haven't told him yet that I asked for purrs and prayers for her on rpca.
Maybe I should have asked his permission, but I took it into my own hands.
I will tell him about the power of purr and prayers on this group when she
recovers.
He has no idea about it, I have never shared it with him.
Lets just see what happens for Frieda with the worldwide purrs and prayers
for the poor bunny.

Tweed