update on Annie (& care credit explanation)

Old February 14th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
theresa

Default update on Annie (& care credit explanation)

The vet just called, the problem isn't with Annie's teeth though there
is some dental issues. The growth the vet saw is a tumor that goes
down her throat. It's abcessing and that's the stench I've been
smelling.

I think she said they probably can't operate, it's pretty invasive
procedure. She'll biopsy it and call me back. If they can get the
bleeding stopped, Annie can come home tonight.

I don't know what all the options I have, the vet will call later and
we'll discuss the options when I pick Annie up.

Care Credit is a line of credit to be used at vets. It's an interest
free loan, with payback times of 3 mos, 6 mos, 9 mos. Maybe even 1
year, I'm not sure. The website is http://www.carecredit.com/

A vet has to offer it at their office, which is one of the reasons I'm
switching vets. I just applied last week, they gave me a credit line
of $5,500 and I received a card in the mail.

Theresa

Old February 14th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 14, 9:59�am, "theresa" wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs for your precious Annie, and for you, too.
Thank you for posting the info. about interest-free vet care loans. I
had not heard of them.

Sherry

Old February 14th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

theresa wrote:
The vet just called, the problem isn't with Annie's teeth though there
is some dental issues. The growth the vet saw is a tumor that goes
down her throat. It's abcessing and that's the stench I've been
smelling.

I think she said they probably can't operate, it's pretty invasive
procedure. She'll biopsy it and call me back. If they can get the
bleeding stopped, Annie can come home tonight.

I don't know what all the options I have, the vet will call later and
we'll discuss the options when I pick Annie up.

snip

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Theresa }}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry it's turned out to be a lot
worse than it sounded at first. Purrs for Annie to made comfortable so she
can come home for some lovin's.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 14th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie Wxill

"theresa" wrote in message
oups.com...
The vet just called, the problem isn't with Annie's teeth though there
is some dental issues. ...
Theresa

Oh, Theresa, I'm so sorry to see this. I do hope that the vet will have
better news after the biopsy. Meanwhile, we'll send comforting prayers and
purrs from our house.

Annie

Old February 14th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"theresa" wrote in message
oups.com

The vet just called, the problem isn't with Annie's teeth though there
is some dental issues. The growth the vet saw is a tumor that goes
down her throat. It's abcessing and that's the stench I've been
smelling.///

Hugs and purrs and many prayers for Annie.

Helen M

Old February 14th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

theresa wrote:
The vet just called, the problem isn't with Annie's teeth though there
is some dental issues. The growth the vet saw is a tumor that goes
down her throat. It's abcessing and that's the stench I've been
smelling.

I think she said they probably can't operate, it's pretty invasive
procedure. She'll biopsy it and call me back. If they can get the
bleeding stopped, Annie can come home tonight.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Mrs Cat was 12 years old when she passed to
the Rainbow Bridge just last month. This all sounds so familiar :-(

I don't know what all the options I have, the vet will call later and
we'll discuss the options when I pick Annie up.

My vet said I could bring Mrs Cat home again, if I wished - but it would
only be for a few days, at best. I made the decision that most of us
have to make at some point :-( You should prepare yourself for the worst.

--
MatSav
Old February 14th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"theresa" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

That must be a huge relief that you can afford the care for her. I hope they
can sort this problem out, poor little girl.

Purr NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 20 December 4th 06 09:03 PM
WE MET!!! Cruisin' cat trip report. :-) Tanada Cat anecdotes 4 July 31st 06 09:27 PM
rescued kitty update PatM Cat anecdotes 2 April 7th 06 08:44 PM
Annie - DH update JoJo Cat anecdotes 14 April 30th 04 05:43 AM
Update on do vets really care Linda Hartley Cat health & behaviour 26 November 26th 03 02:32 AM