Breakfast at Chez Edwards

Old July 11th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel

Default Breakfast at Chez Edwards

Enjoyed reading this, Mark, except for the cat kibble in the mouth
part...urk!
lol,
Christine
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Lots of fun antics this morning.

First of all, the cat family are back in the neighborhood, having
recovered from their spays and neutering, with no complications. The
little boy slapped my hand and hissed, for all my trouble (big grin).

I went to put some food out for mommy kitty and the two little ones,
and noticed that Acqui was lying off to the side, watching anxiously.
When Acqui tried to approach the food, mommy kitten would hiss at him.

Well, Acqui doesn't like anyone, but he's skinny too, despite having
his own person around here, so I put a little extra food out for him.
The two kittens bounced and pounced their way over, hissing and
fluffing at Acqui, who looked alarmed as he backed away. Probably
because mommy kitten was giving him the "Do not harm my kits evil
eye".

I picked up the kittens and moved them back over to mommy's pile of
food, and Acqui was able to nibble in peace (at least until the little
ones decided to harrass evil Unca Acqui som more - big grin).

I also got a brief visit from the local cardinal (bird, not priest -
grin), which sat heavily on the bird feeder and cussed at me -
presumably for feeding cats so close to the feeder.

When I got the outside diners settled, I came back in and started some
french toast. Little Boy was seated at Senyah'splace, waitiing for a
plate. Dulce Mae was seated on the counter top, staring at the empty
plates with a "I'm ready for my breakfast, dear" look on her face.

As much as I hate to disappoint our owners, they didn't get any french
toast.

After breakfast, I laid own to read a bit. Little Boy jumped up on the
bed and decided to cuddle with me, which made reading a bit difficult,
but it was worth it, just for the purrs and the beard smurgles. After
a few minutes of this, Little Boy jumped down, ran into the kitchen,
and proceeded to crunch out on dried food. He then came back and took
up his position on my shoulder.

At some point, I yawned, and Little Boy lowered his face over my open
mouth. He dropped a piece of cat food (at least I THINK it was catfood
- I coughed and it went flying across the room...) in my open mouth.
This either showed that he is willing to share his food, even if I
don't, or is punishment for not sharing my food (big grin). The fact
that he tried to nip my earlobe seems to point to the second
explanation.

Lunch time has just cme, and I made one and a half bologna sandwiches.
This started out as two sandwhiches, but Little Feet decided that he
had been a polite kitty for way too long. He carefully grabbed one
slice of bologna, jumped down, walked over to Buster and shared his
treasure with Buster. All the time acting as if he did this all the
time...

Buster kept guilty eyes on me the entire time. I guess a bread and
mustard sandwich isn't all THAT bad...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark