Wet-food for kittens? (And an intro of my Bengals, since I just can't stop talking about them...)

Old August 4th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
StarseekR

Default Wet-food for kittens? (And an intro of my Bengals, since I just can't stop talking about them...)

Hello

I'm a Norwegian girl who's the proud owner of two luverly Bengal
kittens (Ares and Athene). I've had them for five weeks, and I love
them to BITS. They have completely taken over my flat (naturally). I've
had to chuck out most of my plants (two plants left, one fig that seems
very hardy and is non toxic, and one miniature tree situated on a shelf
that so far is too high for the kittens to reach) - I got high hopes
when I saw a thread here where people asked about non-tempting plants,
but apparently there's no such thing ^^ They run rampage three or four
times a day, killing everything in sight (toes, rugs, chair-legs, toys,
letters, shoes, shadows, the sofa...) and the rest of the time they are
happy sleeping on me or on whatever I'm trying to work with
(newspapers, books, computer keyboards, drawingtable...)

Ok, ok, I couldn't resist the chance to talk about my kittens - my
co-workers are starting to look pained and I know my family is going to
start screaming if I talk much more about them...

Now to the case: Both kittens have had really bad diharrea the past
week. We've been to the vet, and she say it's some sort of stomach
infection. They are on zoolac and one other medicine I can't remember
the name of (tiny brown pellets). They are also on a five-day diet of
cod, rice and yoghurt three times a day (now my bf complain that I
spend more time cooking for them than for him...) and after that she
told me to test various wet-food (don't know the english terms, but
hope you'll understand anyways!)

I normally keep the little monsters on dry-food available all day
(Royal Canine's kitty food) and complement it with three small potions
of wet-food during the day. Athene, the girl, doesn't really want
dry-food (of any sort), so she more or less lives on the wet-food. I
tried giving them wet only once a day, and she very nearly drowned she
ate it so fast. So far I've used Whiskas, since that was what the
breeder had given them, but from earlier cat-hold I haven't been very
happy with it (and I know it's not a very nutritious feed), so I'm all
ready for giving them something else.

Does anyone here have reccomendations and experiences to share? I
suppose I'm looking for wet-food for kittens that might be prone to
general stomach problems, somthing that'll give my Athene what she
needs besides whatever little dry-food she manages to eat during the
day.

(Phew, what was going to be a short intro and a quick question turned
out to become a monster-post ... sorry about that!)

Old August 4th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bobmarley

StarseekR wrote:
Hello

(Phew, what was going to be a short intro and a quick question turned
out to become a monster-post ... sorry about that!)

maybe you got a bad batch of cat food

contaminated canned food or something

they BOTH Got the flux?
veryi suspect

Old August 4th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Michelle

If it's just the stomach infection giving them the diarrhea then they
should be able to go back on the usual diet of Royal Canin after it
clears up, right? (Does Royal Canin make a wet food? I wish the sold it
around here!)

I know Science Diet makes various formulas for health conditions
including sensitive stomach, thought I would think your vet would have
mentioned one by now.

If it's just a matter of getting something tasty (so they'll eat it)
and reasonably good quality then I'd recommend Nutro Natural
Choice...my kitten scarfs it up whenever I put it out.