The world has ended!

Old February 12th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default The world has ended!

Stop the presses! Or Buy a lottery ticket! Or cash out your insurance!

As part of my regular half-asleep morning routine, I served Shmogg his
breakfast whilst I waited for my coffee to brew. I had to get a new can of
gooshy food out of the gooshy-food cupboard, open the can of gooshy food
with the characeristic 'woosh', put the gooshy food on the plate with a
'plop' and then place said plate of gooshy food on the floor with a soft
'donk'. In my semi-somnulant state I didn't notice the lack of insistant
meows.

Only later when the caffeine hit hit, did I realise that Shmogg had slept
through breakfast!!

An hour later, he still remains asleep (yes, I checked, he's breathing) on
the lounge.

Clearly, the world, as we know it, has ended.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old February 12th 07, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

No!!! Quick, everyone panic!! *sigh* some people have all the luck. Having
just been mobbed by 17 cats demanding breakfast, you should be counting your
blessings lol!

Old February 12th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Yowie" wrote in message
Stop the presses! Or Buy a lottery ticket! Or cash out your insurance!

As part of my regular half-asleep morning routine, I served Shmogg his
breakfast whilst I waited for my coffee to brew. I had to get a new can of
gooshy food out of the gooshy-food cupboard, open the can of gooshy food
with the characeristic 'woosh', put the gooshy food on the plate with a
'plop' and then place said plate of gooshy food on the floor with a soft
'donk'. In my semi-somnulant state I didn't notice the lack of insistant
meows.

Only later when the caffeine hit hit, did I realise that Shmogg had slept
through breakfast!!

An hour later, he still remains asleep (yes, I checked, he's breathing) on
the lounge.

Clearly, the world, as we know it, has ended.

And that my friends defines when a cat is no longer a kitten. (Jake now
sleeps through breakfast too)

Jo

Old February 12th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Yowie wrote:
Stop the presses! Or Buy a lottery ticket! Or cash out your insurance!

As part of my regular half-asleep morning routine, I served Shmogg his
breakfast whilst I waited for my coffee to brew. I had to get a new
can of gooshy food out of the gooshy-food cupboard, open the can of
gooshy food with the characeristic 'woosh', put the gooshy food on
the plate with a 'plop' and then place said plate of gooshy food on
the floor with a soft 'donk'. In my semi-somnulant state I didn't
notice the lack of insistant meows.

Only later when the caffeine hit hit, did I realise that Shmogg had
slept through breakfast!!

An hour later, he still remains asleep (yes, I checked, he's
breathing) on the lounge.

Clearly, the world, as we know it, has ended.

Yowie

Something's not right here, either Shmogg's planning something or he's not
well.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 12th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:16:18 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

And that my friends defines when a cat is no longer a kitten. (Jake now
sleeps through breakfast too)

Mine at age 13 doesn't let _me_ sleep through breakfast. She wakes me
up every morning by jumping on me. That's how she says she is ready
for breakfast.

Bud
--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old February 12th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

if this ever happened at our house I would be expecting a huge vet bill or
to die in my sleep at their next opportunity, Lee

Old February 13th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

wrote:

And that my friends defines when a cat is no longer a kitten. (Jake now
sleeps through breakfast too)

Mine at age 13 doesn't let _me_ sleep through breakfast. She wakes me
up every morning by jumping on me. That's how she says she is ready
for breakfast.

I fed the girls gooshy food for breakfast... for a VERY short time...
it would have worked, except that I was having extreme sleeping
troubles and not getting to sleep until 2 or 3am - and Silver starts
demanding her meals at least an hour before it's time to give them to
her! When her incessant meows weren't enough to get me conscious and
vertical, she started jumping on me, walking on me, and biting my
elbow to MAKE me wake up!
I very soon decided that breakfast wasn't a good idea... now they get
their food at six pm, and she bugs me all afternoon (but at least
she's not waking me from a sound sleep by nipping my elbow!) Silver
would NEVER sleep through a mealtime under any circumstances - if she
ever does I'll have to check her pulse :P
Old February 13th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

wrote:

[...]

It's not so bad for me as I have to get up early anyway. Spotsie
makes a good alarm clock.

Bud
--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old February 13th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:

Only later when the caffeine hit hit, did I realise that Shmogg had slept
through breakfast!!

An hour later, he still remains asleep (yes, I checked, he's breathing) on
the lounge.

Clearly, the world, as we know it, has ended.

Wow! I can't believe it! Something is definitely up.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 13th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:
And that my friends defines when a cat is no longer a kitten. (Jake now
sleeps through breakfast too)

Well, in that case, Frank remained a kitten all through his 18-year life.