Cat at my rescue is sick I need donations!

Old February 15th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Laura

Default Cat at my rescue is sick I need donations!

There is a cat at my rescue with FLUTD Feline lower urinary tract disorder
and he has a bad blockage I need donations ASAP to fix him or he will have
to be put to sleep.....

www.milorescue.co.nr

Old February 15th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Cat Protector

You'd actually have a cat put to sleep for a UTI unless we send money? I'd
be careful of this one people. Though UTI's and the like are serious, I'd
have to question how a rescue can miss the warning signs before the
blockage. There are plenty. Scratching around in the litterbox and straining
to pee is one. Urinating in places other than litterbox is another. Also,
crying while using the litterbox is another.

The fact that a rescue group would actually have a cat euthanized for this
kind of issue if people didn't send them money makes me question their
ethical practices. Yes, money can be tight in small rescues but not too many
of them will consider putting an animal down if the problem can be fixed as
plenty of them deal with vets that either volunteer their time or will do
the surgery at a reduced rate. The other factor about this one is that the
rescue is outside the U.S. and given the scams we have these days, you don't
know if your money is actually going to be used for the purpose of saving an
animal, paying someone's salary, or simply put being put in someone's bank
account where you never see the person again. Tread with caution on this one
people.

Old February 15th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Laura

I got the cat in this condition
I am a very small non profit and the vets in my community don't want to
help. All they want is they're money. 1 vet told me that I could pay half
now and half in 2 weeks so I paid upfront the first half and he isn't
getting any better... they won't do surgery to unblock the partial blockage
unless they have the full amount ($467.96) up front. If I don't have the
money unfortunatly there is no other option than to euthanise the animal as
there isn't even another shelter that will accept the cat. The reason I took
him was to try and save him in the first place. The lady I got him from was
going to throw Squirt outside. I have refrences from people that have
adopted animals from me in the past if you need them e-mailed to you. I have
no other option than to ask for help and Squirt only has a couple of weeks
before he is totally blocked. Most of my cash after paying bills goes to
food for the animals and food for myself. I don't have the extra to put out
at the momment.
Squirt is on Walthams SD diet right now and he is still urniating blood.

I post here because there are a lot of animal lovers here that probably
would like to help.

Although I am in Canada I don't understand why this is an issue....is this a
strict US newsgroup? This is not a scam... and even to suggest that of
somebody genuinely asking for help is unfair.

Thank you all for your time

~Laura

Old February 15th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
kraut

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:52:03 GMT, "Laura" wrote:

[...]

How about the vets name, address, phone number, etc if there really is
one??

Old February 15th 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Laura

this is pathetic..... if you don't believe me don't donate!

The vets name is on my website

the address and phone number is there also

~Laura

Old February 16th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
John Ross Mc Master

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:23:41 GMT, "Laura" wrote:

this is pathetic..... if you don't believe me don't donate!

The vets name is on my website

the address and phone number is there also

~Laura

Do you issue incime tax receipts? Do you have charity status with
Canada Revenue Agency?
Old February 16th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
John Ross Mc Master

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:30:52 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

[...]

It isn't a scam. It's a small legitimate cat rescue.

Old February 16th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
John Ross Mc Master

[...]

Call other cat rescues and have them recommend a cheaper vet. This is
an outrageous price to be charging.
Old February 16th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Laura

It isn't a scam. It's a small legitimate cat rescue.

Thank-you and no I don't have charity status....I am non profit and un
registered I just do what I can to help

~Laura

Old February 16th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
John Ross Mc Master

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 02:58:12 GMT, "Laura" wrote:

It isn't a scam. It's a small legitimate cat rescue.

Thank-you and no I don't have charity status....I am non profit and un
registered I just do what I can to help

~Laura

Take the deposit you left with the vet. Shop around for someone who
will do it for 1/2 price. DONT talk to them on the phone, talk in
person.
Talk to people in other cat rescues. Maybe if you gave them $200 and
the cat they would perform the operation. It can't hurt to try.
Good luck, but my resources are all tied up at my own cat rescue
organization in the Fraser Valley.