Cutest Cat Name?

Old February 3rd 09, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

Default Cutest Cat Name?

On Jan 29, 8:45*pm, LauraM wrote:

How about you??

moses is cute - it's such a HUUUUUGE name by association
i also like simon for a large gray cat

Old February 3rd 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Curmudgeon

In article
,
bartlet wrote:

On Jan 29, 8:45*pm, LauraM wrote:

How about you??

moses is cute - it's such a HUUUUUGE name by association
i also like simon for a large gray cat

My Woof is a very large grey cat, big (and long especially) even for a
Maine Coon. People often think his name is "Wolf" given his size and I
have to assure them that it is indeed "Woof" instead. I wonder what he
might have been named had he not become Woof immediately upon arriving
here. (His former owners called him Dusty, but he was there for only a
couple of weeks.) I do like Simon Peter though. I'll have to keep it
in mind in case it seems appropriate somewhere up the line.

--

Cheers!

Mudge

"And if California slides into the ocean like the mystics and
statistics say it will, I predict this hotel will be standing
until I pay my bill."
Old February 6th 09, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Clara Semps

In article , cybercat
wrote:

"Clara Semps" wrote in message
My very first cat as a little girl was named Cheetah.

Anybody else seeing a chimp here?

Can I ask what that's supposed to mean?
Old February 6th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Clara Semps exclaimed (2/6/2009 2:44 PM):
In article , cybercat
wrote:

"Clara Semps" wrote in message
My very first cat as a little girl was named Cheetah.

Anybody else seeing a chimp here?

Can I ask what that's supposed to mean?

My memory fails, but I think there was a chimp named Cheetah in some old
Tarzan show. Or something like that. It rang a very, very small and
distant bell anyway.

jmc
Old February 20th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bartlet

On Feb 3, 6:36*pm, Curmudgeon wrote:
I do like Simon Peter though. *I'll have to keep it
in mind in case it seems appropriate somewhere up the line.

Yeah, I like double names too

say, I took on a pitbull the other evening.
she's only 7 mo old.

There is much to a name

for example, Abram to Abraham, or from Jacob (trickster, usurper) to..
Israel (a prince) and so on.

At first, I named this beast, Judith - from the Maccabee's
and she liked that name, but it was too much alone
so I added Sasha in front of it

nowww.... we got a sweet dog, who likes justice

but.. I found her a home
I wasn't having any fun
all she wanted to do was hump my leg

I shoulda named her humpy

Old February 24th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Feb 20, 5:19*pm, bartlet wrote:
On Feb 3, 6:36*pm, Curmudgeon wrote:
I do like Simon Peter though. *I'll have to keep it

in mind in case it seems appropriate somewhere up the line.

Yeah, I like double names too

say, I took on a pitbull the other evening.
she's only 7 mo old.

There is much to a name

for example, Abram to Abraham, or from Jacob (trickster, usurper) to..
Israel (a prince) and so on.

At first, I named this beast, Judith - from the Maccabee's
and she liked that name, but it was too much alone
so I added Sasha in front of it

nowww.... we got a sweet dog, who likes justice

but.. I found her a home
I wasn't having any fun
all she wanted to do was hump my leg

I shoulda named her humpy

Maybe not the cutest, but definitely creative my wife and her friend
got 2 kitten sisters, and named one Dizzy and one Aster. But
nicknamed Dizzy "Diz" so the pair of them became "Diz" - "Aster".
Both names worked well on their own. Unfortunately Diz is no longer
with us, but now Aster is mine and my wife's cat and Aster is a flower
but also has a cool story behind her name :-) Plus her two sisters
Chloe and Ezmerelda (Ezzie for short).

Not to mention my in-laws who named their cat "Little Brother" because
they have two big dogs as his big sisters.