Cat Food

Old February 24th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

Default Cat Food

Hi everyone -

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. I have
20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. There are 9
cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. They are brand new and never
opened. I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
can of AD. I'm selling all for $30! Selling everything together.

My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
been opened for more than a day. I know, I know...I'm anal and
catering to him.

I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
let me know!
Old February 24th 09, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sudee

On Feb 23, 5:43*pm, LauraM wrote:
Hi everyone -

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. *I have
20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. *There are 9
cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. *They are brand new and never
opened. * I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
can of AD. * I'm selling all for $30! *Selling everything together.

My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
been opened for more than a day. *I know, I know...I'm anal and
catering to him.

I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
let me know!

That is why I buy the small wellness cans. I can barely get by with
that.

Sue -- firefighter mom
Old February 24th 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:20:25 -0800 (PST), sudee
wrote:

On Feb 23, 5:43*pm, LauraM wrote:
Hi everyone -

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd offer up a deal here. *I have
20 12.5 oz. cans of Wellness Cat Food that I cannot use. *There are 9
cans of chicken and 11 cans of turkey. *They are brand new and never
opened. * I also have 11 cans of Hills Prescription Diet ID food and 1
can of AD. * I'm selling all for $30! *Selling everything together.

My cat, Hobbes, loves Wellness but he doesn't like it if the can has
been opened for more than a day. *I know, I know...I'm anal and
catering to him.

I live in Walnut Creek, so if anyone is nearby and wants this, please
let me know!

That is why I buy the small wellness cans. I can barely get by with
that.

Sue -- firefighter mom

But it doesn't pay to buy the smaller cans. The correct plan is to get
enough cats to finish the food at one time. I find three are
sufficient.

None of my cats would eat food after it's been opened, even if I keep
it in the refrigerator and warm it up. They're all weird but agree on
that.
Old February 24th 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Laura,

Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!

I don't understand why you're selling the Wellness if he likes it?

Rene
Old February 24th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Poe

wrote:

On Feb 23, 5:43 pm, LauraM wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. I find 5 cats
perfect for using up a large can for breakfast, then crunchy food
throughout the day (except for the occasional midday small can treat
when they stalk me like like sharks!).
Old February 24th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

On Feb 24, 6:02*am, wrote:
Laura,

Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!

I don't understand why you're selling the Wellness if he likes it?

Rene

Did you read my post? He doesn't like the cans if they've been
opened. I buy the 5.5 oz cans and that works.
Old February 24th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

On Feb 24, 6:05*am, Poe wrote:
wrote:
Laura,

Why don't you take the Hills back to your vet and get your money back?
Those 12 cans are easily worth $15-18!

Good point - or take it to a shelter.

Yeah, I'm thinking about donating it all. I don't go to my old vet
anymore and don't want to take the hills stuff back to him.

I'm glad to hear others have this problem with the large cans.
Old February 24th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Did you read my post? *He doesn't like the cans if they've been
opened. *I buy the 5.5 oz cans and that works.

Why don't you take the Wellness back to the store you bought them from
and exchange them for smaller cans? I'm sure stores would be willing
to exchange them for something you'll use.

As for the Hills, you can certainly donate that to a humane society.

Old February 24th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
LauraM[_2_]

On Feb 24, 8:16*am, wrote:
Did you read my post? *He doesn't like the cans if they've been
opened. *I buy the 5.5 oz cans and that works.

Why don't you take the Wellness back to the store you bought them from
and exchange them for smaller cans? *I'm sure stores would be willing
to exchange them for something you'll use.

As for the Hills, *you can certainly donate that to a humane society.

Because I bought them on-line and the shipping is too much to return
them that way. You need not worry. I only posted to try to recoup
some money.