[OT] Somebody, please....

Old December 16th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default [OT] Somebody, please....

do you mean one of those big pipe wrench things.
"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:23:18 -0800, sam wrote:

Well, that's not so bad. What usually happens here is that we turn the
water on and the sprayer head separates from the hose ... and goes down
under the sink spraying water everywhere under the sink. We don't even
have to have been using the sprayer so sometimes it will take 10-15
seconds to realize what the problem is. A *bunch* of water can spew out
in that time!

Recommendation: Once that sprayer head has come off the end of the hose,
don't try to put it back on (in our experience, it won't stay). And don't
just buy a replacement sprayer head - same problem. Buy the combo
already
put together and replace both. It's a b*tch to get to the connection
under the sink, but worth the effort. If you don't have a basin wrench,
now would be a good time for one. Regular wrench: 2 hours to install
and
a blue-clouded kitchen from my language. Basin wrench: .5 hour and a
much calmer kitchen.

Sam, who's been down all three forks of that road and found the only one
that doesn't involve fixing it again.

What does a basin wrench look like? I have always liked tools although I
never use them. MLB

Old December 16th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this is like a foreign language to me, I am so mechanically inept last night
I broke the wine opener... mind you DH gave me a detailed lesson in how to
use it, and in a separate episode Gramby gave me a detailed lesson... but I
still managed to break it the first time I used it on my own... Lee, who
would just scream for DH if the sprayer screwed up

Old December 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news

What does a basin wrench look like?

In the UK, it may look like this:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13294/...s/Basin-Wrench

--
MatSav

Old December 16th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

mlbriggs wrote:

What does a basin wrench look like? I have always liked tools although I
never use them. MLB

To see a picture, go to
http://www.faucetdepot.com/faucetdepot/productdetail.asp?link={F5FB1792-F863-4A5B-8C6F-E0932F832714}&Product=17450
or
http://tinyurl.com/2tocoz

I paid US$12 for my off-brand one.

Sam
Old December 17th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"sam" wrote in message
mlbriggs wrote:

What does a basin wrench look like? I have always liked tools although
never use them. MLB

To see a picture, go to
http://www.faucetdepot.com/faucetdepot/productdetail.asp?link={F5FB1792-F863-4A5B-8C6F-E0932F832714}&Product=17450
or
http://tinyurl.com/2tocoz

I paid US$12 for my off-brand one.

Sam

Have you seen the new automatically adjusting adjustable wrench being
advertised for Christmas? DH calls then "woman proof wrenches"! ;

Also we were watching a Lowes commercial where a guy is asking a woman
customer rep what he should get his wife for Christmas. They finally agree
on a gift certificate and I asked DH, "Now what woman would want a Lowes
gift certificate for Christmas?" He said, "Our daughter!" Um, yeah, he's
right, she's the only female I know who gets turned on by power tools! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 18th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

CatNipped wrote:
"sam" wrote in message
mlbriggs wrote:

What does a basin wrench look like? I have always liked tools although
never use them. MLB

To see a picture, go to
http://www.faucetdepot.com/faucetdepot/productdetail.asp?link={F5FB1792-F863-4A5B-8C6F-E0932F832714}&Product=17450
or
http://tinyurl.com/2tocoz

I paid US$12 for my off-brand one.

Sam

Have you seen the new automatically adjusting adjustable wrench being
advertised for Christmas? DH calls then "woman proof wrenches"! ;

You don't *really* think I'm gonna touch that one, 'specially not here

Also we were watching a Lowes commercial where a guy is asking a woman
customer rep what he should get his wife for Christmas. They finally agree
on a gift certificate and I asked DH, "Now what woman would want a Lowes
gift certificate for Christmas?" He said, "Our daughter!" Um, yeah, he's
right, she's the only female I know who gets turned on by power tools! ;

Haven't seen that one, but I have seen the one where the guy grabs a
female store employee with a series of "how about this? would she like
this?" questions then settles on a gift cert and starts to kiss the
employee then remembers who she is and backs off embarrassed.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs,
Sam
Old December 18th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I got a sawzall last year for Christmas and asked the kids for a drill press
this year. Build things outside to put flowers on and these things are
wonderful. Now, years ago my husband bought me a riding lawn mower for
Mothers day and that was a bit much. Can't see well enough to ride on it by
myself and therefore couldn't hook a wagon up behind to help me with
gardening so was a bit put out by it!!
wrote in message

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 13:15:49 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Have you seen the new automatically adjusting adjustable wrench being
advertised for Christmas? DH calls then "woman proof wrenches"! ;

Also we were watching a Lowes commercial where a guy is asking a woman
customer rep what he should get his wife for Christmas. They finally
agree
on a gift certificate and I asked DH, "Now what woman would want a Lowes
gift certificate for Christmas?" He said, "Our daughter!" Um, yeah, he's
right, she's the only female I know who gets turned on by power tools! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Add my wife to that list of power tool aficionados. While in Whitehorse
she
built a deck at one house, gutted, insulated & put new beams in another,
and brought her own cutting tools into our marriage. Gotta love a woman
with a Sawzall of her own. together we've been drooling over the compound
miter saws with laser guides at Lowe's.
--
mers
Craig, Kathi & "Cat Five" the tabby girl

Old December 18th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

I still work part time at Home Depot. In the garden department. I sell the
outdoor equipment, lawnmowers, chain saws, etc. There is a new tool called
the gator and they were going to set it up for us to use to recut the bottom
ofChristmas trees. I was so excited to have a chance to use it, but they
never got it set up for us. We used an electric chain saw.

Ann

Old December 19th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"sam" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
"sam" wrote in message
mlbriggs wrote:

[...]

Yep, that's the one!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs,
Sam

Old December 21st 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pipe Man

Default Somebody, please....

This is a good basin wrench!
http://img2.timeinc.net/toh/i/a/plum...-valves-02.jpg