Standoff at the woodheap

Old October 17th 14, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Standoff at the woodheap

Boyfie went out at 8 a.m after his breakfast and wasn't back by 10 so I went
out to see where he was. He was sitting on the path staring at the
woodheap.
On top of the woodheap was a cat, which was exactly like him in colour, and
was probably looking at rats and mice, quite innocently.
My appearance made the cat find his way into the abandoned plot next door
but not quick enough for Boyfie, who went there 30 seconds before and said
"I think I don't want you anywhere near here"

There was a meowling contest. I told Boyfie to stop sing-songing at him and
to come inside. He said No.

Boyfie sent him up a tree.

Old October 18th 14, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfie went out at 8 a.m after his breakfast and wasn't back by 10 so I
went out to see where he was. He was sitting on the path staring at the
woodheap.
On top of the woodheap was a cat, which was exactly like him in colour,
and was probably looking at rats and mice, quite innocently.
My appearance made the cat find his way into the abandoned plot next door
but not quick enough for Boyfie, who went there 30 seconds before and said
"I think I don't want you anywhere near here"

There was a meowling contest. I told Boyfie to stop sing-songing at him
and to come inside. He said No.

Boyfie sent him up a tree.

Wow Boyfie really is the boss of the territory!

Old October 18th 14, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Boyfie went out at 8 a.m after his breakfast and wasn't back by
10 so I went out to see where he was. He was sitting on the
path staring at the woodheap.
On top of the woodheap was a cat, which was exactly like him in
colour, and was probably looking at rats and mice, quite
innocently.
My appearance made the cat find his way into the abandoned plot
next door but not quick enough for Boyfie, who went there 30
seconds before and said "I think I don't want you anywhere near
here"

There was a meowling contest. I told Boyfie to stop sing-songing
at him and to come inside. He said No.

Boyfie sent him up a tree.

I wonder if Boyfie recognized that the other cat looked like him?
Maybe so, they groom themselves enough to know what their fur
looks like, I guess.
Sylvia

Old October 19th 14, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sylvia M" wrote in message

[...]

I doubt it that it would matter what the other cat's coat pattern was.
He/she was very sensible to sneak away through the fence and go up a tree.
Boyfie remained there swearing up a storm: you are well dead if I see you
in my garden again
I left them to it. I remember what my beloved deceased neighbour said when
Kitty Farmcat used to beat up his cat Sally in her own orchard. "Their
boundaries are not our own"
Boyfie came in uninjured.
I am sure that there are a lot of territorial disputes which I don't see.
Most are settled with threats. Rarely with violence as it's not in their
best interest. However Boyfie did get beaten up badly this summer by a
rogue tomcat that came into the conservatory when the poor lad was dozing.
I think that's made him not so tolerant about "cats in my garden"
He didn't attack the cat when he saw it on the woodheap (our woodheap) he
merely stayed on the path nearby and stared at it, maybe for ages because
that's why he didn't come in when expected. It was only when I went out
that it moved (very slowly and carefully) but he knew where it was going.
I interrupted this delicate interaction.