This is not acceptable

Old April 19th 04, 07:00 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:06:50 -0700, Karen M. wrote:

Let me also add that I don't think posting to the board is going to be
the best course of action, because a lot of times people who disagree
with her get their posts pulled but I think email, letters or calls
would hopefully get the people who run BFAS to rethink the free rein she
gets on there.

Not necessarily.

I saw what they were doing - Lauren there got her reprimand with a pointer
that she was a new user. So they pulled that card on her.

I hate to cast a cloud on this, but odds are incredibly good that any
phone calls or direct emails to these people will largely go ignored.
One, there is the new user factor, and two, there is the fact that this
is, after all, a doctor - albeit not one I would trust for medical advice,
to be perfectly frank.

The short of it is that the admins of this service, like any other
moderated service, can pretty much do whatever they want - and
unfortunately, unless it's illegal, no matter how wrong the information
is, this is something that they as the admins have the right to do.
There are no laws stating you cannot post bogus data on the 'net.
Further, the only thing arguing on this board is going to prove in this
case is that n parties are arguing. My suggestion thusly is to take the
high road and let them have the last word.

(OK, OK, I know, everyone wants to get the last word in - but last word
does not prove superiority.)

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old April 19th 04, 07:07 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:03:37 -0700, Karen M. wrote:

She also says
Friskies is better than say, Wellness or Innova, but that's a completely
different story there....0

So she's that one in the nine-out-of-ten statistics. Displeased to meet
her.