New Toys

Old May 18th 05, 02:38 AM
Mischief

Default New Toys

Decided to splurge a little bit on cat toys (Amazing how you can be
broke, but are willing to spend money on toys for the kitties)

First is a mousie that hangs from the door frame from an elastic cord.
Mischief took to it immediately and spent lots of time batting it
around. Imp sniffed at it and hasn't touched it yet

Second is the Cat Dancer Complete. Imp LOVES the cat dancer. But
since I don't have a lot of time to play with him I got the complete
package, which includes an adhesive ptach to stick onto something. I
stuck it to the bookcase, which is old and I don't really care too much
about it. Neither cats have checked it out.

So, ten bucks lighter and so far only one cat has shown any interest.
Hmmmmmm...

Kristi

Old May 18th 05, 03:41 AM
Mischief

Yay! Imp batted at the Cat Dancer!!! Now if I can get him to bat at
the door toy....

Kristi

Old May 18th 05, 03:45 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-05-18, Mischief penned:
Decided to splurge a little bit on cat toys (Amazing how you can be
broke, but are willing to spend money on toys for the kitties)

Cat toys are fun for the whole family!

First is a mousie that hangs from the door frame from an elastic
cord. Mischief took to it immediately and spent lots of time
batting it around. Imp sniffed at it and hasn't touched it yet

I got one of these for Oscar. She completely ignored it, and I
eventually donated it to the local shelter.

Second is the Cat Dancer Complete. Imp LOVES the cat dancer. But
since I don't have a lot of time to play with him I got the complete
package, which includes an adhesive ptach to stick onto something.
I stuck it to the bookcase, which is old and I don't really care too
much about it. Neither cats have checked it out.

I just wedge one end of the cat dancer into a folding closet door. It
actually stays put, and Oscar likes it =)

So, ten bucks lighter and so far only one cat has shown any
interest. Hmmmmmm...

Hey, at least it wasn't zero!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 18th 05, 04:04 AM
Mischief

Yay!! Imp batted at the cat dancer. I even managed to get a few pics.

now he's just lying unnder it pretending it doesn't exist

Kristi

Old May 18th 05, 02:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On 17 May 2005 18:38:26 -0700, "Mischief"
yodeled:

Decided to splurge a little bit on cat toys (Amazing how you can be
broke, but are willing to spend money on toys for the kitties)

I hear ya!

First is a mousie that hangs from the door frame from an elastic cord.
Mischief took to it immediately and spent lots of time batting it
around. Imp sniffed at it and hasn't touched it yet

Second is the Cat Dancer Complete. Imp LOVES the cat dancer. But
since I don't have a lot of time to play with him I got the complete
package, which includes an adhesive ptach to stick onto something. I
stuck it to the bookcase, which is old and I don't really care too much
about it. Neither cats have checked it out.

Yeah, Stinky is a Cat Dancer freak too, but I have to be attached to
the other end.

So, ten bucks lighter and so far only one cat has shown any interest.
Hmmmmmm...

Kids these days.

Kristi

Theresa
Old May 18th 05, 03:09 PM
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
Decided to splurge a little bit on cat toys (Amazing how you can be
broke, but are willing to spend money on toys for the kitties)

First is a mousie that hangs from the door frame from an elastic cord.
Mischief took to it immediately and spent lots of time batting it
around.

Persia has one of those. She was fascinated by it at first. Now she only
occasionally bats at it. She's gone back to her older mousie toys and her
kitty sock (which I refill with the good catnip periodically). NOTE: I
store dried catnip in the freezer (as I do fresh herbs). It extends the
life of the nip.

Jill

Old May 19th 05, 11:30 AM
hobbs

Wilson doesn't bother a lot with toys unless I play, but the other day
I was knitting a scarf for Daniella, she wanted one like Cary's, and
Wilson loved the ostrich woolI was using. so I knit a square and rolled it
round a tube similar to a toilet roll and glued it with none toxic glue
stuck a few long strings of feather wool at one end, and a few extra long
ones, twisted like you do for bootees and such, didn't cling together as
well as ordinary wool so I tied a few knots at intervalsand looped to the
veranda door wiggling it about, now I'm thrilled because he goes over
and plays with it quite often and doesn't need me. Jean.P.

ups.com...

Old May 19th 05, 02:55 PM
Jane

In article . com,
Mischief wrote:
Decided to splurge a little bit on cat toys (Amazing how you can be
broke, but are willing to spend money on toys for the kitties)

LOL! When I got Rita, I paid FOUR DOLLARS for a food dish for her,
when I get my dishes at dollar stores. Who rules in my house?
Yeah, I thought so.

So, ten bucks lighter and so far only one cat has shown any interest.
Hmmmmmm...

Give them time. Maybe they'll catch on soon.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita
Old May 19th 05, 09:03 PM
Mischief

I was woken up a 5 am to see Mischief batting the door frame mousie,
adn Imp was batting it on occasion too

Then I found the cat dancer in the middle of the living room

I think they both approve.....

Kristi