[OT] RIP Patrick Swayze

Old September 15th 09, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default [OT] RIP Patrick Swayze

According to CNN, Patrick Swayze has died after a battle with
pancreatic cancer, first diagnosed in early 2008. He was 57.

This is so strange for me. During lunch today I was reading an article
(I think it was on KTLA (a Los Angeles TV station) website, in which
he was ranting about false reports of his death. I was laughing about
it, because it reminded me so much of the old Monty Python skit about
the black death (from "Holy Grail"?) - "bring out your dead" "hey, I'm
not dead yet!"

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old September 15th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
According to CNN, Patrick Swayze has died after a battle with
pancreatic cancer, first diagnosed in early 2008. He was 57.

This is so strange for me. During lunch today I was reading an article
(I think it was on KTLA (a Los Angeles TV station) website, in which
he was ranting about false reports of his death. I was laughing about
it, because it reminded me so much of the old Monty Python skit about
the black death (from "Holy Grail"?) - "bring out your dead" "hey, I'm
not dead yet!"

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Yep... and now he has died.

Jill

Old September 15th 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Jeanne Hedge"
According to CNN, Patrick Swayze has died after a battle with
pancreatic cancer, first diagnosed in early 2008. He was 57.

This is so strange for me. During lunch today I was reading an article
(I think it was on KTLA (a Los Angeles TV station) website, in which
he was ranting about false reports of his death. I was laughing about
it, because it reminded me so much of the old Monty Python skit about
the black death (from "Holy Grail"?) - "bring out your dead" "hey, I'm
not dead yet!"

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com

That is so sad I really liked him. Here's a link I found on Yahoo, which
has a lot of info about him.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/...us_obit_swayze

RIP Patrick.
Kyla

Old September 15th 09, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
According to CNN, Patrick Swayze has died after a battle with
pancreatic cancer, first diagnosed in early 2008. He was 57.

This is so strange for me. During lunch today I was reading an article
(I think it was on KTLA (a Los Angeles TV station) website, in which
he was ranting about false reports of his death. I was laughing about
it, because it reminded me so much of the old Monty Python skit about
the black death (from "Holy Grail"?) - "bring out your dead" "hey, I'm
not dead yet!"

Well, he wanted every scrap of life coming to him, hard to blame him.
Pancreatic cancer is a terrible way to go, and so young, too.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 15th 09, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
According to CNN, Patrick Swayze has died after a battle with
pancreatic cancer, first diagnosed in early 2008. He was 57.

This is so strange for me. During lunch today I was reading an article
(I think it was on KTLA (a Los Angeles TV station) website, in which
he was ranting about false reports of his death. I was laughing about
it, because it reminded me so much of the old Monty Python skit about
the black death (from "Holy Grail"?) - "bring out your dead" "hey, I'm
not dead yet!"

Well, he wanted every scrap of life coming to him, hard to blame him.
Pancreatic cancer is a terrible way to go, and so young, too.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

At least his death has supplanted the constant news barrage about Michael
Jackson's death. I liked Michael in his heyday but I am sick and tired of
hearing about his death. Move on, people!

Jill

Old September 15th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

my aunt just died of the same thing a few months ago. it is good he was so
open about all of it, maybe more research and maybe more people getting
diagnosed earlier. Lee

Old September 15th 09, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

[...]

I loved his movies, but I think that is what I will remember about
him most. His determination to live every second he had, especially
after such a devastating diagnosis.

Jo

Old September 15th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

He ranted several times. Guess the cancer was a stage 4 when they found it.
He kept on working. Guess some folks figured he should just go home to die
and he wanted no part of doing it that way. He would have some pain and
have to stop work and there would be a big blurb in a paper somewhere saying
he was near death. He just got fed up with it and blew off some steam.
Said once he was sure everyone would know when he was really dead. He was a
petty decent person. Married his high school sweetheart and married around
40 years, I think.

Old September 15th 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in message
He ranted several times. Guess the cancer was a stage 4 when they found
it. He kept on working. Guess some folks figured he should just go home
to die and he wanted no part of doing it that way. He would have some
pain and have to stop work and there would be a big blurb in a paper
somewhere saying he was near death. He just got fed up with it and blew
off some steam. Said once he was sure everyone would know when he was
really dead. He was a petty decent person. Married his high school
sweetheart and married around 40 years, I think.

32 years. And you never heard a word about his private life, which is the
way it should be. I hate it when "celebrities" splash their personal lives
all over the tabloids. I don't read that kind of crap. I don't care who is
dating who. Hollywood is not my thing.

He did some good movies, he died with some dignity. I respect that.

Jill

Old September 16th 09, 09:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this is the stage that this particular cancer is found. it usually
presents as something else and the doctors don't realize what it is until
the treatment for the first diagnosis doesn't work. The only reason my
aunt's got caught earlier is because she had already had adrinal and kidney
cancer... so she was receiving a body scan every three months. Lee