Little Theif in the Night!

Old March 6th 05, 02:28 AM
CatNipped

Default Little Theif in the Night!

Like probably most of you, I feed strays and ferals (in fact I think cats
come from miles around to our "kitty spa" - eight foot fence to keep out
d*gs, food and clean water, a deck they can crawl under in winter and
snuggle up to the heater on the hot tub).

There's on little black and white girl who's a real sweetie (I think she
actually belongs to the neighbors across the street, but she likes the food
we put out better). She comes right up to me to be petted and weaves around
my feet as I bring the food to the end of the deck.

However, tonight there was a *HUGE* raccoon waiting for me at the top of the
stairs on the end of the deck. And *HE DIDN'T RUN AWAY*!!! I stamped my
foot and shouted but he just sat there looking at me, waiting for me to put
the foot down for him.

Little black and white cat hissed at him to go away and I stomped my foot
harder. He moved down three steps and as soon as I put the food down he
came back up and tried to shove little Miss B&W out of the way. She hissed
some more and I threw a little of the water from the water bowl at him. He
retreated down the stairs but them climbed up the side of the deck and tried
to get to the food bowl from the side.

I went back inside to get a broom to keep him at bay while Miss B&W ate her
fill. As soon as she had enough and moved away from the bowl he was
instantly there chowing down. Here's a couple of pictures I snapped of this
cheeky little rascal: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Racoon/

He's almost tame (of course I wouldn't try to test that theory by getting
close enough for him to bite me - I don't fancy going through rabies
treatment any time soon!!).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 6th 05, 03:41 AM
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
cheeky little rascal: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Racoon/

I get a "page not found" error.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 6th 05, 03:44 AM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
cheeky little rascal: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Racoon/

I get a "page not found" error.

Me, too. And I so want to see the cheeky little critter!

Old March 6th 05, 03:47 AM
CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
cheeky little rascal: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Racoon/

I get a "page not found" error.

Oops, I spelled raccoon wrong in the URL, try
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Raccoon/

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 6th 05, 03:48 AM
CatNipped

Sorry, typo!

http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Raccoon/

It helps if one knows how to spell!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 6th 05, 03:59 AM
jmcquown

Sorry, typo!

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

He's a cute little rascal... er, raccoon

Jill

Old March 6th 05, 03:59 AM
badwilson

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Great pics! I love those critters :-) We used to have an outdoor cat
when I was a kid and the raccoons would always come to the deck and
eat the cat food. It's so neat how they use their hands.
Your link needs another c in raccoon:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Raccoon/
Also, it's thief not theif.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old March 6th 05, 04:03 AM
CatNipped

"badwilson" wrote in message
Great pics! I love those critters :-) We used to have an outdoor cat
when I was a kid and the raccoons would always come to the deck and
eat the cat food. It's so neat how they use their hands.
Your link needs another c in raccoon:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Raccoon/
Also, it's thief not theif.

LOL! I can program like a MF, but apparently I can't spell!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 6th 05, 04:03 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:28:43 GMT, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

[...]

What a little Visigoth!

Theresa
Old March 6th 05, 04:36 AM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Here's a couple of pictures I snapped of this
cheeky little rascal: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Racoon/

Bummer I can't see him!

A Windy Night Adrian Cat anecdotes 18 January 12th 05 11:52 AM
In the heat of the night Exocat Cat anecdotes 54 June 10th 04 06:05 AM
I SAW A CAT HIT BY A CAR LAST NIGHT! :o( Gia Cat health & behaviour 36 September 29th 03 06:05 PM
Cold night wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX Cat anecdotes 6 September 25th 03 09:27 PM
Vera & Lola Bath Night......... Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 August 12th 03 01:01 PM